Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im addicted to weighing "/

I actually think I have a problem. I have my routine. 7 am I pee, strip and weigh. If the number is good, I think about that all day and smile to myself. If there's no loss, especially for days in a row, I start wondering if I'm not Exercising enough, if I'm exercising too much, if I'm eating too many carbs, if I'm eating to many calories or not enough. It's crazy making.

Thing is though, I'm not sure I want to stop. I live for those loss days, they're a high for me.

But in all actuality, I'd really like to be free from this. I don't know if I can do it though.

It's like when we had mini snickers in the house and I wanted them really bad. I didn't want DH to hide them but he did and I lived. I was also really happy he did that and still am. I'd probably be happy if he hid the scales.

But then I wonder how ill know if something is amiss? What if I tell him I want to weigh once a week or Maybe even once a month? What if I don't lose for that entire month and I don't know because I'm not weighing? See how my mind works?

Did anyone overcome this?

I actually think I have a problem. I have my routine. 7 am I pee, strip and weigh. If the number is good, I think about that all day and smile to myself. If there's no loss, especially for days in a row, I start wondering if I'm not Exercising enough, if I'm exercising too much, if I'm eating too many carbs, if I'm eating to many calories or not enough. It's crazy making.

Thing is though, I'm not sure I want to stop. I live for those loss days, they're a high for me.

But in all actuality, I'd really like to be free from this. I don't know if I can do it though.

It's like when we had mini snickers in the house and I wanted them really bad. I didn't want DH to hide them but he did and I lived. I was also really happy he did that and still am. I'd probably be happy if he hid the scales.

But then I wonder how ill know if something is amiss? What if I tell him I want to weigh once a week or Maybe even once a month? What if I don't lose for that entire month and I don't know because I'm not weighing? See how my mind works?

In the same boat. :(

I keep telling myself I will stop shortly after surgery but Tuesday will be my 4 week mark. I go through the same emotional ups and downs you're talking about. In the end, I think I'm losing 3 - 4 pounds per week which should be fine. My twisted mind wants to see at least 1 pound per day and that's not realistic.

Sorry that didn't help, but at least you know you're not alone.

I do the same thing. I stopped for a month and just weighed once a week, but I got back into weighing day and night on a daily basis.

I still weigh every day, first thing in the morning. During the losing phase, I weighed every day but I only tracked my weight on Fridays. I did have days where I didn't lose and days where I went up a little, but every Friday, I weighed less than I had the Friday before.

For me, it's crucial to weigh every morning. I don't beat myself up if I don't like what I see. I adjust what I eat that day based on the number I see that morning.

Lynda

Embrace your inner scale. :D

I weigh multiple times a day, but the only one that counts is 1st thing after I wake up. The rest are for my own personal enjoyment! :P

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/blog/2115/entry-5658-weighing-after-a-poop-you-are-not-alone/

post-46516-13813666984281_thumb.jpg

You're doing great, and you're fine. I have been weighing twice a day for over three years now!!! I love it, I'm addicted to it as well....plus my doctor says to weigh every morning. My routine is just about like yours, first thing! Don't let the ups and downs get you, we ALL do the same thing and when you're at goal and maintaining, you STILL do the same thing. Weighing keeps me accountable, it's like looking at the dashboard in my truck, it keeps me knowledgeable on what's going on under the hood. Make sense???!!!

I still weigh every day, first thing in the morning. During the losing phase, I weighed every day but I only tracked my weight on Fridays. I did have days where I didn't lose and days where I went up a little, but every Friday, I weighed less than I had the Friday before.

For me, it's crucial to weigh every morning. I don't beat myself up if I don't like what I see. I adjust what I eat that day based on the number I see that morning.

Lynda

OMG - it's been so long, I'd forgotten about the 'Friday weigh in' - although I weighed every morning first thing and at night before going to bed.....Friday was the number that "counted". :)

I can't find the link at the moment, but I just read a great study that demonstrated that people who weighed daily were more likely to lose all their excess weight than people who weighed weekly or less. Even more interesting was that people who weighed multiple times per day...as many as 4-5....lost even more weight than people who only weighed once.

Usually I only weigh once per day but I may have to go to 5 times a day so I can get these last 10 pounds off.

I'm 5 months I weigh twice a day but the thing w me now that I've lose 94 pounds and 20-25 pounds to my goal not losing some days don't bother me as much because I'm at an except able weight .. I do hate the fluctuations but I live .. I can't stop weighing I tried but it cried out if the closet

I have been weighing twice a day for over three years now!!!

Once a day is bad, but twice is just psycho. :P

I can't find the link at the moment, but I just read a great study that demonstrated that people who weighed daily were more likely to lose all their excess weight than people who weighed weekly or less. Even more interesting was that people who weighed multiple times per day...as many as 4-5....lost even more weight than people who only weighed once.

Usually I only weigh once per day but I may have to go to 5 times a day so I can get these last 10 pounds off.

Are you familiar with the term "enabler"? :lol:

I weigh myself every morning and log it into MFP. I accept the number and I might beat myself up a little from time to time, I can guarantee you it's not anything like the beatings I used to give myself when I was making bad choices.

Throughout the day, I will weigh myself and at night when I brush, I will weigh myself when I strip own to get in my jammies.

I always get up in the middle of the night to brush and I weigh then, too.

I've heard a million times about weighing once a week and once a month but I don't give a rip. It is what it is and I'm happy. I don't care to change and I'm not going to.

I might even get nekky and weigh right now. :). Think of it as step aerobics.

Throughout the day, I will weigh myself and at night when I brush, I will weigh myself when I strip own to get in my jammies.

I always get up in the middle of the night to brush and I weigh then, too.

I might even get nekky and weigh right now. :). Think of it as step aerobics.

Amy, you and I are fine - this proves it. :lol:

Well this thread did not go the way I thought it would. I'm glad though. I do feel that this is part of what keeps me accountable. I don't think I'd be able to stand not knowing what's "going on under the hood."

I also think its important for foodies (us) to weigh daily, even when we're at goal. Just like tracking, other people mIght maintain fine without it, but I don't think I can.

Maybe daily weighing is to a foodie, as AA meetings is to an alcoholic.