Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 month diet confusion

Since my 6 month diet starts on the 24th does that mean My diet ends the 24th of December or does it end whenever my last appointment with the dietician? If so can my appointments be scheduled any time of the month or does it have to be on or closely around the 24th? I'm trying to figure this out cause my coordinator said my surgery will be in December and if that's right then it doesn't make sense cause then my 6 months wouldn't end till late December and then you have to wait for approval and all those appointments.

My insurance requires a 3 month prep program..

I have to see my NUT and regular MD once a month for 3 months... Or 90 days.

So the way I was told to do mine was.. Do both visits on same day, then make your next 3 appointments 4 weeks from that date on the exact day..

For example..my 1st appt was on a Monday so I have an appointment every 4 weeks on Monday.

So 4 Monday's total.. 1st day, 28th day, 56th day, 84th day.. Then I submit paperwork to insurance on 91st day!

Hopefully I explained that clear enough! Good luck!

Yeah my first appt was Jan 31 (which counted as #1) and my following 5 were 3-4 weeks apart. The furthest was 4w2d. My last one was this past Monday. I thought I wouldn't be done until July but my coordinator said nope.

Oh I get it, thanks guys

Every plan (insurance and medical) seems to be different. Think of it this way. You are starting to THINK about food in your life, and that is a FOREVER choice!

It's hard when a good chunk of the healthy food you do not like lol.

i would ask your doctor or insurance coordinator. I have a 6 month diet requirement and had my 6th weigh in yesterday. I still have one more appt in July (pre op teaching) and my surgery is in August. They weren't strict about every appt being exactly 4 weeks apart though.

It's hard when a good chunk of the healthy food you do not like lol.

Welllll, that's the "real" issue. Time to slowly start to learn to like some of the 'good' stuff. popcorn and chips won't be the centerpieces of any of our food plans!

As Arts said, every plan seems to be different. My insurance requires a 6 month supervised diet, which means I have 7 weigh ins in a 6 month period. I started January 2nd and my last weigh in is July 2nd and then everything will be submitted to insurance for approval.

Ill ask my dietician on Monday. My coordinator is hard to get ahold of these days cause there is quite a few new patients

I started my 6 mo diet on march 5 & I was told that my approval for surgery cannot be submitted until August 27..when I go back to work..I work at school & was hoping to have surgery while I was off during summer break..But It doesn't look like its going to work out that way...depressed

I started my 6 mo diet on march 5 & I was told that my approval for surgery cannot be submitted until August 27..when I go back to work..I work at school & was hoping to have surgery while I was off during summer break..But It doesn't look like its going to work out that way...depressed

aww I'm sorry..if my coordinator is right I'm going to have my surgery right before Christmas or right before New Years lol

Good luck to you..I've just had so much happen to me that I'm getting very discouraged..my very first appt they had my height wrong.so I didn't qualify then they redid that so I did qualify. .then the surgeons office lost me in their system..now I've had all summer being off work which would have been a great time for me to get the surgery. .so I call today to check on a time frame about surgery. .& the girl said nothing can be done until end if August. ..feeling like I have done all this for Nothing!!!!

Good luck to you..I've just had so much happen to me that I'm getting very discouraged..my very first appt they had my height wrong.so I didn't qualify then they redid that so I did qualify. .then the surgeons office lost me in their system..now I've had all summer being off work which would have been a great time for me to get the surgery. .so I call today to check on a time frame about surgery. .& the girl said nothing can be done until end if August. ..feeling like I have done all this for Nothing!!!!

good luck to you too! Hopefully things will work out for you.

Thanks..the dctrs office called me today & straightened things out.but it still may be the end of August before its submitted to Ins..oh well..guess I'll just go with it.