Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Hi LeeinDe and Synicalchick!! I'm having the same appetite stuff going on!! I feel like I could eat a horse....I just keep trying to stop at the first sign of tightness. And compared to what I used to eat....it's amazingly LESS!! I am just shocked at myself when I stop eating with food on my plate and feel full!!! WHOOHOO!!!! And, Thank Goodness most of the pain is gone, but my incisions still are tender.

Glad to see everyone is doing OK!!!

Michele

Wow!! Everyone is doing so well. I am exactly 3 weeks post op today. I am feeling great. I am able to sleep on my side; I do have to have a pillow under me though. I gained a few pounds when I started on soft foods, but they are coming right back off. I am still not eating enough calories. Today I drank a few cups of OJ to consume more calories.

I am not able to get my first fill till May 9<sup>th</sup>!!! I do have my appointment scheduled already. I started to see some of the weight loss in my clothes today. I haven’t jumped sizes as of yet.

I am having an issue with squeezing working out in my schedule. I ordered a Tread Climber today. With my schedule I don’t feel comfortable walking outside at the times I have available now. We have a Bowflex and soon to have a new Tread Climber. Now I will not have an excuse to not work out sun or rain.

I am glad everyone is doing so great!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks for all the info!!

To answer Lise's question - I was in a car accident 9 years ago and while I was never thin I ballooned to 400.5 lbs (as of this AM at 359) and had to go through 7 knee surgery procedures!! I am very motivated to lose the weight to ensure my new titanium knee works well.

Honestly I have felt really good - I was expecting much worse. I don't miss the food (except on rare occasions when I smell something really good like Indian food or fresh popcorn).

The forty pounds has also helped me use less high blood pressure pills - so that was a real bonus.

Anyhow thank you again for the information - I was obsessing on the port feeling like it was out too much, but hopefully loosing more weight will make it settle back into obscurity.

Liza

Hey Liza and Btown...

last time i saw my surgeon i asked him about feeling the port, because when i eat, it feels like it pops out a little...(like a turkey timer!) it doesnt really, its just that im more aware of it.

He said that what im feeling isnt the port, but the scar tissue over it, he said that in time it would soften and i wont feel it at all.

i dont know if yours is the same but since i was having similar issue thought id share what my dr said...

Thanks for the feed back. I find if I eat slower and talk more then I eat less. That's pretty hard for me being the introvert, but I find if I eat with someone at lunch instead of at my desk, I slow down a lot more and tend to sort of play and pick at my food instead of eating, so net I eat the smaller amount.

First fill is scheduled for April 4th, then I go back every two weeks until mid May while my Dr. is trying to get the band to the right place. I have the larger band and he said it takes a little more adjusting to get the restriction to the right place where he wants it.

On a completly different note I had a NSV already that almost had me doing cartwheels this morning. I know it sounds lame but big to me. I was acutally able to buy clothes at Wal-mart and they fit. It was the largest size they carry, 3X mens, but none the less it fits.

It has bugged me for years to not be able to buy what I call yard clothes or play clothes like tee shirst and stuff from discount stores like Wallyworld and such. Just seems so unfair I have to go to a speciality store to buy a tee-shirt to mow the yard in. So anyway, it was a huge victory for me this morning!

Fantastic Jonathon!! I know, hubby has problems buying clothes in Wal Mart and is always happy when he does not have to go to a specialty store, and of course pay a lot more!

Lizrbit; that makes sense about the scar tissue, it always did feel like it wanted to pop out, but I am getting more used to it, everyday.

MIchelle, I don't really have much tenderness to my incisions, unless the dog jumps up at me when I enter the house!

Stay on the bandwagon gang, we can not fall off!!! LOL

Johnathon...Your story of going to Walmart and buying a t-shirt made me cry happy tears. I too have always just wanted to be able to run in and pick up a t-shirt or something quick to wear. Always having to go to the specialty shops is so sad. What a Great Day it is for you!! Congratulations....I feel your happiness!!!

Michele

I can't wait for that NSV! I am SO limited on what I can wear on top as I carry most of my weight around my middle. I can't WAIT to be able to shop in normal stores again!!!!! Wally World, HERE I COME!!!! (in a month or 2....):paranoid

Hey it sounds like everyone is doing great ! My infection around my incision is clearing up since I've been taking a mega antibiotic all week - it tastes really gross crushed up , but oh well, at least it's better. I 'm getting my first fill 4/3 during our spring break. It's scheduled for 6:30 am so I think i'll takes my girls to a hotel to swim since we live a few hours away. Not sure if I'm brave enough to put on the swim suit yet.:( I've lost 28lbs these past 3 weeks. I'm also starting to feel really hungry an hour or two after eating. by the time schools out, I'm starving. I'll be glad for the fill. I'm glad we're all here experiencing the same stuff and talking about it , it really helps ! Have an awesome day all !:)

Well poke a badger with a spoon :phanvan I was worried about not getting a fill until 3/27 well, now it's not until 4/2. That's one day short of 5 weeks. whew... give me the strength to control myself for that long. I think I'll be ok but I'm afraid overdoing it once is all that it will take... hopefully that knowledge will keep me in line.

I'm going to call tomorrow for a fill appointment. I finally feel better. It's been a month today since surgery. It really took me longer to get well....maybe because I'm so old.... But, I'm ready for a fill...I'll let you know when it is>>>>I'm a little scared!!

Michele

Since mostly everyone i work with knows that i had the lapband, It's weird because 3 people have confinded in me to tell me they had the gastric bypass before. It's cool to see them so thin and listen to their inspiration!

I am having a hard time getting my calories and Protein in everday. I am trying but constantly have to drink the carnation instant Breakfast which come in a 4pk for $5. I'm drinking like 4 a day just to get SOME of my protein. I am on mushes and moved up to needing 80 grams a day instead of 60 because i'm 5'9. I am lucky if i can get the 60 grams in.

I usually have a Protein Drink for breakfast, another one shortly before lunch, campbells hand Soup for lunch, a pudding for snack, moist chicken parm or scrambled eggs for dinner another protein drink shortly after dinner and then a fudgsicle later on.... I know i should be eating more -food- now that i'm on stage 4 than the fluids and it's not that the food isn't sitting well with me, because it is. I eat an ounce very slowly, chew chew chew and i feel full after. But i still feel like i'm doing something wrong.

Should i change anything? I just started the mushies stage this past weekend and have a month to be on it. I think that once i hit the solid stage i'll do better. Any advice?

I finally got to start the gym routine now that I am two weeks post op. I am starting to get a lot hungrier now than right after but hoping the excercise addition will make up for that. Not that I can still eat a lot, no where near pre band of course, but still takes more than I think it should to feel full. Normal??

I am right with you.... Yesterday and today I have eaten more than what I think that little pouch should hold, especially tonight at dinner.< /p>

But as I walked away from the restaurant I THINK I felt what full should feel like because it is very different than what full use to feel like (pre band).

So what my plan is to down 23 oz.of Water 30 min before eating to assist in getting full.

I had my post-op assessment today and was told that I will have my first fill on March 28th. My consultant does do them 4 weeks post op which would have been today but due to my large hiatal hernia repair he feels happier waiting 6 weeks. I'm also not allowed to do any exercise for another month to avoid any strain on my diaphragm. Guess I won't be losing much in the next 2 weeks :cry:cry:cry:cry