Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

becca77, Good Luck tomorrow, You'll be over and done with by the time I go in. I won't be home until Thursday. I'll be anxious to compare notes...Take care

I’ll be banded on the 15<SUP>th</SUP> by Dr. Terracina of Newport News, VA.

I don’t know why I didn’t think to look for others with February surgery dates before this, but I’m glad to find y’all now…

Frankly, I’m freaking out about the surgery itself (or rather risks of the actual operation / recovery). Anybody else who’s never had general anesthesia & fretting as the date draws near? I'm not having second thoughts about Lap-Band, but this is a major case of butterflies about going under the knife! :nervous

That is my major concern. I am more worried about the anesthesia than the surgery. I am a week before my surgery and I have major anxiety about this. :phanvan

Diane

From what I understand the first 6 weeks is for healing not restriction. You may have benefitted from the swelling after surgery and experienced restriction but between that and your first fill you are wide open.

Yeah no restirction sucks. I have none. I am not a big bruiser, not a big sweller so I don't think I am even swollen at all from the surgery anymore. I can gulp Water and I am always hungry. My doctor said it might be possible to get a fill at 4 weeks so hopefully I can do that.

Back from the overnight stay required by insurance. Was banded yesterday by Dr. Jawad in Ocala, FL. Felt great yesterday, but soreness has set in today. Still not too bad -- have only taken pain med twice. No problems from gas so far.

Looking forward to full liquids tomorrow.

Hope all has gone well for the other February bandsters.

Hi my name is Diane and I live in South Wales U.K. banded on 01-Feb-2007 have a few problems sems like no resrictions anyone out there to help discuss?

Hi Diane,

I am only one week out, I wouldnt say I have no restriction but I definately am not struggling with eating. I am full much faster than I was before banding but I have eaten a few things I thought I would never be able to eat, with no problem. That is confusing me. I cant wait to see my MD on Thursday to ask why I am able to eat bread with no problem whatsoever. ( not that I am eating it regularly but I had a business dinner and picked at a piece of bread)

K Holmes

I went tonight to get my post op meds, my date is 2/22.

I have a local thread in Nevada that I regularly post on and a bander that was banded yesterday, said as soon as she got checked in the anestheseologist gave her a "cocktail" to calm her nerves.

My plans are I am asking for a cocktail when I walk thru the doors.

So you are doing a liquid diet at this point right? May I ask what your menu choices are?

I have a banding date of 2/19!!!! It is great to join you all! I know that I have a lot of changes coming and a lot to learn! Any advise is always welcome!

Thanks for the support – it’s good to know I’m not the only one nervous about the knife! My last pre-op visit was on Monday & I feel much more relaxed now. I really like my surgeon and that helps, too. I’m sure I’ll be a wreck again by 8:30 on Thursday morning, but until then I am really trying to stay focused on the positive!

so I should be hearing from surgeon tomorrow to set up a date...he said my apnea is looking much better with the cpap, my stress echo was allgood and my breathing tests turned out ok...I will need to have blood thinner injections for a week after surgery, but other than that we are on the way....So I am not sure if I'll get to be Feb or March...anyway, Happy Valentines Day to all and good luck all who get banded tomorrow!

Mae

Dr P Rantis-Elk Grove Village Il.:):D

I was banded on February 12, 2007!! WHat an exciting day!! I am looking forward to my new life changes! Good luck to all of you who have surgeries coming up!

Just got back from the hospital. Surgery went well but once in there the surgeon discovered that my hiatus hernia was huge. Literally half my stomach was in my chest. It took him an hour to repair it. If he hadn't been able to I woundn't have been able to have the band fitted at all.

I'm in incredible pain right now so probably won't be posting for a few days. Best of luck to everyone who is having surgery this week and I'll post again when able!