Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Ohio, let's get this started

Susan 3343, hang in there, I know it's hard but believe me after the band surgery you will tell a big difference in your hunger, at least for me I could. Not much longer and it will be here.

Thanks for the encouragement Lisann. I dont know why but today was/is rough. I have also quit smoking on top of the food thing and ...well....lets just say its probably not good for ones health to be near me right now LOL. Congrats on your 55lb loss.

Hi Everybody:

Sorry I kind of slipped off the face of the earth!. I had a lot going on. I'm doing great. I'm still losing regularly - I'm at a BMI of 33 now and I've lost 32 pounds since my surgery on January 10, 2007. I am now a size 14-down from 18!

I am no longer living in Ohio. I moved out to Denver, Colorado about two weeks ago for graduate school - totally LOVING it!

I transferred to a new fill doc named Dr. Tillquist in Denver. My first appointment is next week. I'm at 2cc for my band and really just doing great. I have done absolutely no exercise yet (still gearing up for that). I've been able to eat whatever I want, whenever I want (yes, and that includes all my sweets. So, life is good. I really don't do any support groups - the band was really all I needed. My big goal is to lose another 10 pounds before my cruise in June! So, I'm hoping to start exercising here soon.

I've missed you all and I'll try and start posting again. That is, if you'll still welcome a Coloradan!

See you,

Paige (Mindful)

Banded: 1/10/07

221/189/135 (start/now/goal)

Kettering Bariatrics-Dr. Schumacher

Hey Paige I was wondering what happened to you. I'm glad things are going good for you and you lucky duck getting to move to Colorado. I hope you will check in when you can and keep up the good job. Where are you going on your Cruise? I went in December and had a great time.

I had my surgery on the 24th of October and I have lost about the same. So I guess I am not the only one. I have had three fills but ever since this last one I cant keep anything down. I puke it all up.

weight.png

I went to the cleveland clinic for my surgery and I also have Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. They changed our policy so they approved the band which I got in October of 06 and now I have to pay for anything related to it (fills etc). I was so upset! They allowed this thing in my but now I cant do anything with it unless I pay, which I have been. How do I know all this pbing (is that right?) is "normal"? After my last fill (3rd one) I puke up everythig!!

Hare-

Are you following the rules? If not you are only going to hurt yourself. It's not normal. It means something is amiss. Small bites, well chewed is what you need to do.

You need to get your nutrition in.

OH Juli

I think I am following the rules. Are we talking the general weight loss rules or rules pertaining to my puking???? I chew and chew and chew and then some moe jut to make sure. U are so right about getting in Vitamins and Proteins. I have been drinking Protein Shakes and taking a Vitamin because of the fact i keep anything down. I am tired all the time and I am sure not being able to eat is the cause.

Hi OhioChick, my daughter and I both went to Dr. Schumachers. Everyone at the office is Great to work with. As for your next Classes, they just give you info on everything. Like how much you should be eating, and exercising. I enjoyed the class at the hospital, it was very informative. You will get to see the band and how it looks when they put the saline in, and ask a lot of questions.

We had our surgerys on Feb 14th 2007. Shared a room at the hospital and I loved the hospital and the staff. Very caring and helpful. When will you be banded? Good luck.

Debbie

Hi Kendra,

I understand why you don't want to have that surgery. I felt the same way. He didn't tell me that I needed that one, but I only wanted the band. By the way, I am using my daughters computer that is why it shows her name when I reply to you. My computer Needs a new one. LOL I would trust Dr Schumacker in this matter, but I also understand that other people have lost a great deal of weight with the band too. Have you talked this over with your parents? if so what do they think? What ever you decide to do, good luck with it. But for your health, do one of them. When you get older it is much harder to lose and your body is just shot because of the weight. My knee's are both bad and I have been heavy all my life, so take care of yourself now because you are young enough to have a full healthy life ahead of you.

Good luck,

Debbie

Hello, please count me in to the "Ohio Banders" group. I have just applied to the OSU medical bariatric program. From what I can tell waiting is the most difficult part.

Angelsma - I'm working through my clearances that insurance approval requires and I'm hoping to be able to submit for approval by mid-February so I am also praying for banding in early 2008. I'm working with doctors and the Mt. Carmel program. Some of us are planning to meet at Polaris mall on Jan 8 in person so if you are interested, let us know.

Hello All. I live in Ohio, and I am on medicaid. I have Buckeye community health plan does anyone know if they will cover WLS (band) and what doctors take medicaid? I have hit this wall of not being able to find people that will take medicaid??! I am just in the beginnign stages of this process but I am getting weary searching. Can anyone help?

Hi Laura. I'd try the Insurance portion of this forum and also use the Search capability of the Lapbandtalk site to see if any other posts with keywords like what you need pop up. Post there a question and you may have a broader audience than just under Ohio. Good luck

Insurance & financing - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum

Hello and thank you to all the Ohio banders. I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Northrup in Cincinnati in 1 week. Have lost 9 lbs on the pre-op diet so far but its a killer. Anyone here have this doctor? I am so looking forward to this journey, but these websites have sure been an encouragement and can help through the rough times.

Edited by mashtater
misspelling