Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how to get the protein that is needed

I had my surgery on may 28 th I was a little sick for the first two days then finally I was put on liquids when I was discharged my doctor told me to remember to take the Protein Shakes (100 whey protein) however the shake couldn't take me...lol I could keep them down on my first visit I spoke to a nutritionist and she had me change the brand to Isopure and I just had some one Friday and it came right back up so I phone in and told her what else could I do so I came up with this plan 1 cup of plan Greek yogurt, 2 scoops of the powder, 2 pack of splendid, 2tsp of vanilla extract and pinch of cinnamon use the mixer and blend it, very tasty that gives me 68g of Protein the rest I get from my foods we need a total of 70g

Well you are on pureed foods now correct? If so you can have cottage cheese and there is like 13 grams in a half cup, plus like tonight I took a boneless chicken thigh and pureed it with 1/2 cup of cream of chicken Soup and had that with mashed potatoes/cauliflower, everything I eat i check the proteins....like I am sure you do too. I do like Premier Protein as a shake it is pretty tasty...I get mine from Sams club, but if you go out to their website you can find out who sells it near you.

I made a pot of homemade split pea Soup and I put unflavored Protein Powder in it. Just don't let it get to hot or the powder gets icky. Good source of Fiber (with all that protein...fiber is a goooood thing.)

Yes I'm on pureeds but I'm still on having a hard time with this I just brought the other half of the mix up I can't deal with throwing up

what flvr pwdr did you use with the greek yogurt mix?

For three years I've been starting and ending my day with a cup of Organic skim milk. That is an additional 18 grams of Protein.< /p>

For three years I've been starting and ending my day with a cup of Organic skim milk. That is an additional 18 grams of Protein.

You gave me this advice a couple of weeks ago and it has been a lifesaver. Was never much of a milk drinker but now I wake up and have to have a glass. Thanks for the advice - it has worked for me. Now if I could just get the food part down a little better ill be blowing and going!