Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved march 19'2013 have had two spine surgeries and not losing weight

I am a march 2013 sleeved. I had neck surgery Nov.2012 and the sleeve four months later. I could not work out becuase I am still recovering from the neck surgery. Then two weeks ago I began to fall and found out that my lower spine had a cyst and I needed surgery again. Two weeks post op and now on a walker. I feel that I am not losing weight because I cannot work out. My pre- op weight was 293. I am now 243 lbs. I don't know if that is normal. I can't work out and I am a vegetarian. I can't find a Protein Powder that I like. I am only getting about 20 grams of Protein in. Any suggestions?

You have lost 50 pounds. I think you are doing amazing! You have three surgeries in 7 months. You need to cut yourself a break and work on healing before you worry about losing to slowly. (Which by the way, I don't feel like 50 pounds is all that slow!!!) Just worry about your getting your Protein and fluids in.

neck surgery - lower spine had a cyst - surgery again. pre- op weight 293. now 243 lbs

unshackled

OMG

we all have physical problems here and there

you've had WLS - then neck surgery, and lower spine surgery :o

but when you/me see what people like you are going through - i'm ashamed to have complained about anything

I hope you are feeling alittle better one day at a time

OP comment about swimming is excellent - do you belong to a gym???

I also think that you need to worry about your immediate health issues concerning your neck and back

the weight is coming off!!!!

you "might" be having PT - maybe you can get a script for going somewhere that has a pool since this would be soooo beneficial for your situation

now............it is important to get your Protein in, Water too

are you seeing a NUT?? they might have suggestions to your Protein situation

BUT.......all in all, with all your physical problems you are dealing with - sounds like you are doing great with your weight loss

i don't think at almost 3 months you should be drinking Protein shakes anymore (unless your your NUT told you to)

50 lbs down is terrific, really!!!!

would i lie to you??? ;)

you are enduring a long healing process :(

good healthy thoughts being sent your way :)

good luck

take care my friend

kathy

I have had cervical fusion surgery twice so I totally sympathize on that. Bless your heart for going through so much! I agree you need to not worry so much about the amount of weight you've lost which by the way sounds awesome! You need to try to get in the Protein and nutrients to heal properly and PT if possible. When you get stronger you can focus more on weight loss.

I personally also hate the weight loss Protein Shakes - have you tried Isopure? You can get it at GNC and it's not a creamy shake - it also has 40 grams of Protein in each bottle. You've gone thru alot and if one of your big worries is not enough protein - you can order this on-line and they'll deliver it to your house. Take care of yourself, eating right is part of healing.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I go to the doctor to,Moros to get the staples out. I will ask for PT at a gym. I will ask my friend to go get me sample packages of Isopure. I have injury and I don't like it. I am not getting the protien in so my goal this week is to get at least 60 grams in. I don't see my NUT for another 3 months. I'm in this bed the. Amorites of the day so I am just fearing I won't lose the weight unless I am exercising.

So what I lefrom all of you is to be patient with myself, heal from all three of the surgeries and get in the protien. I really appreciate this. I will update y'all tommorow on my progress when I get back from doctor. Thanks soooooo much- I was totally depressed! Thanks!

You might want to go online to see the P.T.s who are providing aquatic therapy prior to seeing doc. and write down info. I had aquatic P.T. a few years ago, the P.T. started with a little massage, then therapy in a heated pool. Felt good. They have all kinds of workout gear to gradually increase the resistance of the workout. As the others said 50 lbs is great especially considering your obstacles. You'll get there. Good thoughts and best wishes.