Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days since surgery

i had my surgery on monday the 18th and i am doing ok but i have had a few problems. feeling real hungry on tuesday, this was totally confusing to me since i was sipping my liquids. then the next minute i was feeling so sick i thought i was going to vomit. needless to say i was glad when that day was over. today was better i drank my Isopure and had some cream of chicken Soup, what was weird today was the couple of hiccups i had also the feeling i wanted to hiccup but couldnt. i wish someone would have told me about this it makes me alittle worried about what eles i might not know to expect. if anyone can help with what i might expect for the next week or so it would be greatly appreciated.

sorta a side note i like this site but it makes me feel just a tad stupid, i cant seem to work out how to do all the things that people have listed about themselves, just would like to know if im alone if so then well i guess i know the answer lol.

I got the hiccups a lot in the beginning, but I don't think everyone does. I didn't have any problems so I really can't help you with what to expect. Is there something in particular that you are wondering about?

Each day does get better, I promise.

Hey Tazboobecky,

You are NOT alone. I had surgery on the 18th as well. It's been somewhat different than I expected, but I really didn't have clear expectations anyway! My thing is that I'm trying to figure out this whole hungry/not hungry thing. I mean, I think I feel hungry and then after a sip or two of my drink and I feel this slight pressure in my chest and then I either hiccup or get that feeling of needing to hiccup. I asked on here on the boards and am being told that that is the restriction. So I'm starting to get that I'm going to have to relearn my body and what I call hunger and what I call full. This is like a whole new world. I've been craving real food here and there but then I picture myself losing weight and I really think I can get through this.

Anyway, don't feel stupid because it takes time to figure out how to use all this stuff. I'm not good at explaining things so hopefully someone else can let you know how to work the board aspect of this.

Good luck and keep in touch!

I can't give you advice because I'm not banded yet, but your post was informative to me... it is cool to have people post that JUST GOT IT DONE

That makes 3 of us banded on the 18th. While I haven't been hungry, I did vomit early this morning which I attribute to either the pain medication(which I stopped) or excess gas in my digestive system. Alternating walking around the house, stairs, and laying down to move the gas around and out has been helpfull as was taking a gas-x tablet with my Protein drink.

Nausea waves come and go but it will be a factor of mobility to keep them subsided I think.

Perhaps you are moving pockets of gas through which is creating the hunger senstation. My doctor has allowed the gas-x to reduce the bloated feeling as well as moving to the shakes after 48 hours to feel more satiated. I hope this helps.

Hi I too was banded on the 18th, felt rough as an old boot all day yesterday, today feeling far less in pain and far more positive. Had some Soup and a yoghurt. Went for a bit of a walk. Things are looking up.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

hi folks

i live in london and was baned on monday too, and i feel so hungry at times im sill having clear Soup and milkshakes but im going to try alittle cream of chicken soup tonight i have a lot of pain in my shoulder when i move about too much i have been out and im a bit slow but getting better

mine

xxxx

Hiccups are completely normal. That is one sign of being full. So make sure you stop if you get hiccups. You will probably be sore and a little tired the next week. Make sure you are taking it easy. My port was sore that I remember for sure. Make sure you stay on the doctors diet. It is really important while you heal. Good luck.

I was also banded on the 18th. I too have weird grumbly tummy feelings. not sure if it is hunger or gas. I feel hungry i think, take a few sips and also get pressure in my chest, hiccup or burp then it feels better, I seem to get hungry every few hrs. I can only drink about 4oz or Protein Drink or Soup at a time. Pain is getting better, but gas is not. It moves all over. My back is in so much pain from laying around and being uncomfortable, but I am exhausted from no sleep this week, so walking around is very hard. Catch 24. I'm just looking foward to no pain, which i have no tolerance for. I don't know how i had 2 children! lol. Thank God for the epidural, wish i could have that now.

Congratulations you guys, and good luck!! Thanks for posting, it really is informative to hear how you are all doing.

hi sweethot

try using a hot water bottle held in bed to your tummy for the wind it really helps or if you can lay on your tummy and the wind will come out

mine

xxxxxx

first i want to thank all of you for your replys it really has helped me feel better. i woke up this morning really thirsty so i had a sip of Water and all hell broke loose. i felt sick right away and had to vomit, then it felt as if i couldnt catch my breath, after about 30 min i remembered that someone on here had talked about gas-x so my husband went to get some. boy did i feel better right away, well after two more trys at drinking with the same results i called the dr. was told to just eat ice chips for the rest of the day and call them the next day. i hope im ok i have to admit im worried that something is wrong, i havent felt hungry all day which is a blessing. i just cant imagine what is wrong. on a lighter note as of today i have lost 10lbs since monday. i started on monday at 224 and weighed myself this morning and am at 214. i just stared at the scale in shock. if i can keep this up it is worth all the suffering. when i looked at the scale it was like i was seeing a miracle. to all of us banded on the 18th my best wishes are with you.

I am taking it a few hours at a time still. Today I tried the liquid yogurt...a tiny 7 oz bottle. Where in my previous life it would have been snorted in less than a second, it took me 2 visits of about 1/2 hour each time to finish it. What a learning experience lol. Gas-x with each "meal" is helping alot.

I continue to have waves of nausea but take a DEEP breath when it happens to make it subside and it has been working. Going out for the first time tomorrow to get some sun.

I weighed 306 fully clothed in the doctor's office pre-op and this morning weighed 282 in my robe. I'll take it.

hi have found it!!!!wolfgang pucks chicken broth ohhhh!!!!!!my it has real flavor.and e.s.a. protin drinks there ok. lots of protin in them and they get you over the hump. i am two weeks post op and down 45 lbs now in oct was when i said this is it no more being fat and sad, 45 more to go.but the wolfgang puck broth is it..ohhhhh ya and cream of potaho Soup and then strain out the rest and keep the cream very filling.