Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scheduled for August 1' date=' 2013 in Piedra Negras with Dr. Alvarez.[/quote']

How are you feeling?

I am on day 4 of my new life. Although I dont really count days 1 & 2... I was sedated because I was so nauseaus. Got 30oz in yesterday so was released from the hospital. Never thought it would be so hard to drink 30oz lol... have to get to 60/day so I can start puree diet.

Mamachef so glad to see you are out of the hospital and doing well. I have my surgery date with Dr. Kim on the 16th. Maybe I will see you at one of the support meetings :)

Mamachef so glad to see you are out of the hospital and doing well. I have my surgery date with Dr. Kim on the 16th. Maybe I will see you at one of the support meetings :)

We should get together when you are recovering! It will be nice to have someone going through similar timelines.

Hiya, Sassy! I prefer Protein powders mixed with light soy milk. I tried a couple of the RTD ones and I can't stand the smell! It made me gag while I was trying to drink it. I'm not sure about the cheese sticks question. It really depends on your prescribed diet. I'm about halfway (YAY!!! didn't realize that till now lol) through my preop and haven't had a speck of cheese. I'm basically on Protein drinks and brothy Soups.

I'm going back and forth on the blender issue myself. A friend loved her magic bullet, although she used it for making baby food. She said it's great for individual meals. Some people seem to get y just fine without anything special but I need convenience too. I have read that the difference between the nutribullet and magic bullet doesn't justify the price difference.

Good luck!

Thanks, ShanRN. I have been doing a lot of research into Protein Drinks, and I'm going to order the Dymatize Elite whey Protein Isolate - Gourmet vanilla. It is probably pricier than most, but highly rated in every area. All that, plus it tastes great. I figure if I'm going to give up food, I might as well have something I enjoy. As to the Bullet. I did find an incredible buy on a Bullet like blender at half the normal price, but I don't remember where it was. if I find it I'll repost.

I'm August 12th! So ready for this Monday to get here. Put the last cig down after tonight! I'm super excited. Pre-op lab work tomorrow and chest X-ray! We are on our way sleevers!!!

ON WAY TO HOSPITAL IN A BIT 630 AM TODay will start my new life

The low-cost Bullet was on eBay.

Hello all, I was sleeved on Aug 2nd and checking in. I was able to come home the following evening. So far the recovery has not been terrible, but I do become weak pretty easily. Hopefully when I am able to get more Protein in my energy will increase. :)

Had surgery on Monday. Today is Wednesday and I'm about ready to go home from the hospital. Still pretty sore but overall feel good. Can't wait to get home. One word of advice... Bring Chapstick! Lips will be really dry after the intubation and you can't drink for a bit. It will do you wonders. Do not forget the Chapstick! You'll thank me later.

Hey everybody!! One week to go and getting excited! I started my liquid diet today and ended up crying in a Chinese Restaurant. I was going to journal about it but decided to start a new blog instead! Please give it a read and see if you can relate!

http://mrstinytummy.blogspot.com

MrsRaychJ,

I enjoyed reading your blog very much and commend you on your journey. One of my best friends took me to a restaurant the day before WE began my pre-op dieting! My surgery is Monday and I completely understand. Yes, SOME days tend to be better, but honestly, it truly is mind over matter. You got this! Congrats because you are on your way!

My surgery is at 9:00 this morning! I will report back how it goes, how I feel, etc.