Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 5th

Hello Everyone,

Edited by *susan*
Links to facebook groups are against forum rules. Private and public groups can be created here on VST.

I see you are doing yours in dallas. May I ask what doctor will you use? I am using Dr. Kuhn and my date is Aug. 19th at BUMC.

I'm using Dr. Nick Nicholson and think my surgery will be at Victory Medical Center in Plano.

I'm using Dr. Nick Nicholson and think my surgery will be at Victory Medical Center in Plano.

I heard that Dr. Nick is an awesome Dr. You should do great with him, pluse almost 99.9 % of his reviews have been a perfect score. Most of the dislikes I have read about him were not for him per se, but were about the associate PA's or the staff in his office relating to wait time in the office.

I heard that Dr. Nick is an awesome Dr. You should do great with him, pluse almost 99.9 % of his reviews have been a perfect score. Most of the dislikes I have read about him were not for him per se, but were about the associate PA's or the staff in his office relating to wait time in the office.

Yes, I have heard nothing but wonderful things about him. I really like him so far. His staff has been awesome too. I have heard a few bad things about one of his PA's but that's it. When I had an appointment last week there wasn't anyone else in there besides me and they called me back immediately. I hope it remains that efficient! :) How do you like Dr. Kuhn?

Yes, I have heard nothing but wonderful things about him. I really like him so far. His staff has been awesome too. I have heard a few bad things about one of his PA's but that's it. When I had an appointment last week there wasn't anyone else in there besides me and they called me back immediately. I hope it remains that efficient! :) How do you like Dr. Kuhn?

Dr. Kuhn is good. He is very attentive. His staff are a little slow, but I guess this is vacation time for a lot of people. I have had a few co-workers that have used him and have nothing but rave things to say about him.

I love the idea of private (except I cannot find the group .lol) because I do not want everyone knowing on my personal page that I am having surgery. I would participate more in other groups for VSG except I want to keep this surgery private . Yes, part of me I ashamed. The other part is I just do not want to share.

The group settings private so only members of the group can see your post.

Aug 7th

Hey August Sleevers,

What's going on? It's Aug. 1, and we haven't had a post this week. I want us to go down the aisle together. I'm getting ready to start my pre-op, at the stage where I'm trying to figure out what & how much to buy. Since I rely on walkers and wheelchairs to get around, my best friend does a lot of shopping for me. But she is going on vacation today, and won't be back till Aug. 11. So I'm gonna order online.

I've collected a bunch of info ... like a list of almost 100 recipes for Protein shakes. I've also got some interesting recipes for mushy and soft foods. But now I gotta focus on the full liquid diet. I'm wondering if I should order drinks or powder. What do you think? And what exactly is Greek yogurt?

I tried Protein Shakes awhile back, but they did nothing to quell my hunger. Can I eat cheese sticks on liquids? I've never liked cottage cheese, but everyone talks about eating it. What can I mix with it to make it more palatable?

Seems like a lot of people have blenders like Nutri Bullet, etc. They are kinda pricey. Any suggestions?

My pre op diet starts on the 7th. Surgery on the 14th. So excited but nervous at the same time. :) I bought premier and Unjury shakes have all my Vitamins ready. And I have quit smoking for two weeks now!!! Bring it!!! Im ready. :)

WTG, reno1128 ... I guess you are ready? Good luck and smooth sailing all the way. Where did you buy your Vitamins?

I am on day 4 of my new life. Although I dont really count days 1 & 2... I was sedated because I was so nauseaus. Got 30oz in yesterday so was released from the hospital. Never thought it would be so hard to drink 30oz lol... have to get to 60/day so I can start puree diet.

WTG' date=' reno1128 ... I guess you are ready? Good luck and smooth sailing all the way. Where did you buy your Vitamins?[/quote']

Thanks!!! I bought them through Amazon. :)

Hey August Sleevers,

What's going on? It's Aug. 1, and we haven't had a post this week. I want us to go down the aisle together. I'm getting ready to start my pre-op, at the stage where I'm trying to figure out what & how much to buy. Since I rely on walkers and wheelchairs to get around, my best friend does a lot of shopping for me. But she is going on vacation today, and won't be back till Aug. 11. So I'm gonna order online.

I've collected a bunch of info ... like a list of almost 100 recipes for Protein shakes. I've also got some interesting recipes for mushy and soft foods. But now I gotta focus on the full liquid diet. I'm wondering if I should order drinks or powder. What do you think? And what exactly is Greek yogurt?

I tried Protein Shakes awhile back, but they did nothing to quell my hunger. Can I eat cheese sticks on liquids? I've never liked cottage cheese, but everyone talks about eating it. What can I mix with it to make it more palatable?

Seems like a lot of people have blenders like Nutri Bullet, etc. They are kinda pricey. Any suggestions?

Hiya, Sassy! I prefer Protein powders mixed with light soy milk. I tried a couple of the RTD ones and I can't stand the smell! It made me gag while I was trying to drink it. I'm not sure about the cheese sticks question. It really depends on your prescribed diet. I'm about halfway (YAY!!! didn't realize that till now lol) through my preop and haven't had a speck of cheese. I'm basically on Protein Drinks and brothy Soups.

I'm going back and forth on the blender issue myself. A friend loved her magic bullet, although she used it for making baby food. She said it's great for individual meals. Some people seem to get y just fine without anything special but I need convenience too. I have read that the difference between the nutribullet and magic bullet doesn't justify the price difference.

Good luck!

My surgery is scheduled for August 22, can't wait. Any advice on best Protein supplement?