Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks out eating about 1200 cal/day

I feel like I need this much food. I'm hungry enough for it. All healthy choices, lots of Protein, eat about 5-6 x per day. Is this too much?

I am not cleared for exercise yet, but my normal exercise routine includes 2 days crossfit, 2 days strength training and 1-2 spin classes.

I have lost 25 lbs in past month (including 2 wk preop diet) but haven't lost in about a week.

Thoughts? I don't feel like I need to lose super fast, but I want to keep losing!

I would have to say that you are getting way to many calories...the most my dr. says we can have post op 800-900 per day

I was and am still just under 500 and I'm 7 months out. Did the doctor tell you how much you should have? It's more about the Protein. Between 60-70.

I was told up to 3 months out your calorie amount should be between 500-700. I'm 3 wks out and I have only been able to get in 500 total and that's with 2 Protein shakes. I could get more if I force it but would then be too full.

In the beginning I was drinking and eating too fast. I started timing my bites 1 minute apart. I got full a lot faster with a about 1/2 the food. Hope that helps

Mamamareli, try eating much smaller meals every 2.5 hours. I have done this and it helps me out a bit.

Breakfast

shake 4 oz

lunch

shake 4 oz

dinner

shake 4 oz

I feel like I need this much food. I'm hungry enough for it. All healthy choices' date=' lots of Protein, eat about 5-6 x per day. Is this too much?

I am not cleared for exercise yet, but my normal exercise routine includes 2 days crossfit, 2 days strength training and 1-2 spin classes.

I have lost 25 lbs in past month (including 2 wk preop diet) but haven't lost in about a week.

Thoughts? I don't feel like I need to lose super fast, but I want to keep losing![/quote']

You're three weeks out and eating that many calories? I'm two months out and couldn't imagine eating that many! What did your nutritionist or doctor say? You say you're "hungry enough" for that much food but you're probably eating more often than you should. Are you taking an antacid? Zantac? Sometimes heartburn and indigestion mimic the feeling of hunger. Please speak to your doctor.

^ VERY TRUE... You may need to take more PPI than are taking right now

I am 4 weeks out and my doctor told me 500-800 per day...I don't even know how you are getting 1200 in...that is really alot...you should call your Dr. and see what they tell you

What do u eat at 7 months that keeps you at 500 cals?

I follow my doctors plan exactly. I have a Protein shake for Breakfast, one for lunch. They are each 110 calories. 1 snack (usually cottage cheese or Greek yogurt (80 calories) and then dinner is 3 oz Protein (egg beaters or fish), 3 oz veggies and if I am not too full I have 3 oz salad with dressing. But I am use too full to eat that. I am down 125 pounds in 7 months.

WOW! I'm also 3 weeks out and I'm lucky if I see 500 in a day! And my doctor told me not to worry about 60-80 grams of Protein a day, because it's not possible this early in. I would check with your doctor. You should be eating 1200 calories maybe a year out...Hope you're not sabotaging your sleeve.

Just curious how many of you actually think 1200 cals a day is too many for a healthy weight loss diet. I just think going too low is asking to screw up your metabolism. A 1200 calorie weight loss diet is totally normal, even low, for an active woman who has not had this surgery. If I am willing to lose a little slower than average, what's the problem? Maybe Ill save myself some skin issues, wont loss my hair, won't feel deprived, etc.

Idk, I just have a hard time with the whole 500 calories a day thing. That is a starvation diet. I did this surgery to improve my health. My BP is lower already, I've been losing.

But I do appreciate the comments. I'm trying to assess what others are doing and figure out what's best for me. I admit, I do need to slow down and practice the 30-30 rule better. But I still think 800-900 cals is as low as I'm willing to go.

Again, thanks to everyone who commented.

I'm between 800-900 calories daily. Two months out. What does your typical daily diet consist of?

How am I sabotaging my sleeve if I am eating heathy Protein and vegetables, plus my shakes and Vitamins? I do not eat until I am overfill. Maybe I'm counting my calories wrong. Maybe I'm not actually eating that much. I have had Refried Beans a lot because they go down easy. And eggs and low fat string cheese. Plus shakes.

I eat 1/4 cup of veg and 1/4 of Protein at 3 meals.

What vegetables and fruit can you suggest while on mushies that are good for you?

How am I sabotaging my sleeve if I am eating heathy Protein and vegetables' date=' plus my shakes and Vitamins? I do not eat until I am overfill. Maybe I'm counting my calories wrong. Maybe I'm not actually eating that much. I have had Refried Beans a lot because they go down easy. And eggs and low fat string cheese. Plus shakes.< p>I eat 1/4 cup of veg and 1/4 of Protein at 3 meals.

What vegetables and fruit can you suggest while on mushies that are good for you?[/quote']

Maybe you are counting your calories incorrectly. Do you use a calorie counter such as My FitnessPal? If not, you should definitely start. It helps track all of your daily food intake and it tells you how much protein, calories, carbs, fat, etc you are getting.