Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I whine for just a minute? ;)

Knowing and feeling are two different things, huh? For example, I KNOW this will get easier, I KNOW I need to be patient, I KNOW I'm only 9 days post op (it feels longer) and this is normal, I (mostly) KNOW that this will work...but what I'm feeling is just worried and a bit discouraged.

It's definitely harder in some ways to be home. Once I'm back in my normal routine, I also want to eat normally. Plus, being around family when they're eating is harder. Yesterday, my husband came home and asked what was wrong. I walked up to him, put my head on his chest, and said "I have so much work to do, I want to ride my horse, I'm tired and sore, and I just want to eat a CHEESEBURGER!" LOL Imagine that said in a very whiney voice. ;)

I'm just venting here! I'm hungry, I have no trouble at all drinking anything (warm, cold, Water, drinkable yogurt, pureed Soups, etc). I tend to be too much of a perfectionist and when I drink something to help with not EATING something, I feel guilty. For example, I had some chocolate milk yesterday and even though the rest of the day was things like watered down juice, a Protein shake, and pureed Soup, I beat myself up over that milk. :\

So yes, I'm feeling whiney...I KNOW it'll get easier, but well...I just need to whine for a bit.

Hey, we've all been there, and it's perfectly acceptable to whine and vent! Just hang in there, whine all you need to. And yoru right knowing that it will get better in the future doesn't help much for in the now. *hugs*

im right there with ya .. I'd ride my horses if I didnt have heavy heavy saddles to throw up there. But we cant just yet, itll get here soon tho. Dont crave a burger lol. easier said than done right. just think how good we are gonna look when this is all said and done

you can do it!

where are you from?

where are you from?

I'm in TN. My dr said I could ride again 2 weeks post-op, so I'll be riding next Wednesday. Wed is our training day, so I went with my husband while he rode his horse and the trainer rode mine...so I just had to WATCH. LOL But realistically, my jeans do rub my incisions...being on horseback in the heat wouldn't have felt very good.

I'm trying to tell myself that today IS a better day. LOL Think it, believe it, feel it...ummm, yeah, not so much right now. :\

ohhh yeah, I havent even thought about wearing jeans yet. Those Adidas soccer shorts have been my friend. Incisions will start to itch and its irritating. If Im not wearing jeans by the time I start riding, Ill be the one in pajama pants and boots :ph34r:

LOL, that works!

Do not beat your self up for small food things to learn to eat "normal" you need to learn how to eat some of anything and be alright with that. Beating your self up will leads to many problems. At 8 mths out I give myself some treats for good days and have learnd to be happy with the eating and that helps with control. Learn to have fun and not worry about food and enjoy life.

You're not the first or last person that needs to whine! We have all been there! It does get easier but I do understand as much as you "know" at that moment…dam it…. all bets are off! ;)

Have fun Wednesday riding your horse! That will help you out mentally :)

It does get easier each day. And remember, now that the "pre-surgery" and "surgery" high has worn off, and things return to normal, you'll experience that sense of "let down" and wonder if the surgery was worth it. It was! Before long you'll feel better and can do all the things you missed...well...except maybe eat that cheeseburger. :) You got this. You can do it. Be gentle with yourself and remember that you don't have to be perfect.

Knowing and feeling are two different things, huh? For example, I KNOW this will get easier, I KNOW I need to be patient, I KNOW I'm only 9 days post op (it feels longer) and this is normal, I (mostly) KNOW that this will work...but what I'm feeling is just worried and a bit discouraged.

It's definitely harder in some ways to be home. Once I'm back in my normal routine, I also want to eat normally. Plus, being around family when they're eating is harder. Yesterday, my husband came home and asked what was wrong. I walked up to him, put my head on his chest, and said "I have so much work to do, I want to ride my horse, I'm tired and sore, and I just want to eat a CHEESEBURGER!" LOL Imagine that said in a very whiney voice. ;)

I'm just venting here! I'm hungry, I have no trouble at all drinking anything (warm, cold, Water, drinkable yogurt, pureed Soups, etc). I tend to be too much of a perfectionist and when I drink something to help with not EATING something, I feel guilty. For example, I had some chocolate milk yesterday and even though the rest of the day was things like watered down juice, a Protein shake, and pureed Soup, I beat myself up over that milk. :\

So yes, I'm feeling whiney...I KNOW it'll get easier, but well...I just need to whine for a bit.

You'll be fine, a good whine every now and thing is a cleansing thing! I am two months post op, and still like the softer stuff. It'll just take time. When I have a whiney time, I get myself a lovely bite of something expensive. Warm Brie cheese on a Water craker, frozen yogurt, diet popsicle, anything for a small make me feel special for a minute stuff. Cause I' have learned this one thing, a bite is as good as the slice, bar, piece, bowl, etc. So, don't forget to stuff a little living into the corners. I too would love a burger, but scared it'd hurt me yet.

Yes we have all done our share of the whine thing.. as for the cheeseburger.. I dont have any cravings at all.. in fact.. I dont crave anything... I have no strong desires for food at all.. seems its a hassle to eat now LOL.. cant believe I just said that.. I simply dont get hungry.. there is nothing that sparks my fancy.. went on a cruise last week..and lost 4lbs on the boat.. was funny.. I do however love sugar free popsicles.. they are only 15 calories... now those I can eat all the time.. seems Im lucky to get in 600 cal a day.. I need to work on that for sure... have I tried a cheese burger.. yes I have..and found out.. its not all that at all.. tasted it.. didnt like it. I dont like a lot of foods at the moment..and I can pretty much have whatever I want.. oh I do love turkey Jerky tho.. just every now and then..not something I have to have every day.. havent found that one thing yet that I just have to have every day.. other than the popsicles. lol best of luck to you.. you will be fine.. keep up the good work.. im post op since dec 20th and ive lost 94lbs.. you can do this :)))

Thanks everyone! I feel "wimpy" when I whine and I'm normally the "strong" one in the family. LOL I figured whining here would be ok since we've all gone through it or plan to got through it at some point.

And the cheeseburger? LOL Thankfully, I just used that as a representation of what I was feeling. I don't really like burgers much at all. Now...sweet tea? That was my downfall pre-surgery and thankfully, knock on wood, so far, I haven't felt any strong cravings for it. I plan to stay away from it as long as I can!

I just spent the last couple of hours in our garage giving it a spring cleaning. Cleaned the trailer dressing room yesterday. Next on the list is our basement. Staying busy helps with the desire to eat...plus, feeling loose blue jeans is a decided BONUS! :)