Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its for the first two weeks I'm dreading it but basically its Clear liquids all day plus the shakes3x then week 3 I'm adding in eggs' date=' yogurt, cottage chesse and something else lol dont remember what, week 4 I add in fish, week 5 chicken and turkey, week 6 beef..and I can eat anything that I ate the previous weeks. Not quite sure actual amounts have it written down. Its so odd how surgeons differ. I have no pre op diet[/quote']

It actually sounds very similar to most post op diets except for the shake choice..

Pre op diet? All I can say is you are lucky, if he doesn't need one, don't question it :)

I know there are a couple of docs I'm Mexico that let you eat up until the evening before!

I had two weeks of shakes and only clears the day before and also a bowel prep the night before... What I was cleaning out? I don't know 0_o

I like the vanilla Carnation Instant Breakfast & my husband like the chocolate.< /p>

I have a choice of post op Protein drinks but I must pick from a list because my doctor knows the sugar contents in these drinks. Just wondering if anyone has tried more than one of these and can perhaps give reviews or comparisons as to which ones you prefered. This is only for the first two weeks post op.

Diet carnation instant Breakfast (made with skim milk)

Ensure

Boost

Advant-edge carb control

Atkins ready to drink

Glucerma

Slim fast

Also which flavors did you like if applicable

I like the Carnation Instant Breakfast the best out of those choices. Just be aware - I had issues with lactose right after surgery for a few weeks. Wound up using lactose free milk, and I couldn't use Glucerna - they made me sick. Might not happen to you, but I have heard that it's pretty common.

I used some others - Syntrax nectar were my favorite. If you want to try something else, I'd take the nutrition information to your doc.

Premier Protein usually sold at costco or bj's.. 30g Protein 1g sugar 160 calories. Ready made, comes in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry is sold online only

I have a choice of post op Protein drinks but I must pick from a list because my doctor knows the sugar contents in these drinks. Just wondering if anyone has tried more than one of these and can perhaps give reviews or comparisons as to which ones you prefered. This is only for the first two weeks post op.

Diet carnation instant breakfast (made with skim milk)

Ensure

Boost

Advant-edge carb control

Atkins ready to drink

Glucerma

Slim fast

Also which flavors did you like if applicable

Slim fast strawberry and chocolate and glucerna chocolate are yummy, they have Meal Replacement versions. Are you sure these have been recommended for post op?? These are what's on my list for pre-op liquid diet, well 11 of the 14 days, then I do Clear Liquids for the last 3 days.

Slim fast strawberry and chocolate and glucerna chocolate are yummy' date=' they have Meal Replacement versions. Are you sure these have been recommended for post op?? These are what's on my list for pre-op liquid diet, well 11 of the 14 days, then I do Clear Liquids for the last 3 days.[/quote']

I'm sure, we don't have a pre op diet

I'm sure' date=' we don't have a pre op diet[/quote']

Ok look out for the sugar, the majority of those are loaded with sugar and it may make you sick, the glucerna hunger smart one is pretty low on sugar. They have it at the pharmacy. Try it