Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I also dont get the high carb comments. .ensure has 30 in an 8 oz bottle and I'm only consuming 6oz per day...the rest of them have less. From what I'm reading people keep their carbs at around 40-60 ..please help me figure out this carb thing. I would like to talk to my doctor if you really think drinking these drinks will hinder me

I also dont get the high carb comments. .ensure has 30 in an 8 oz bottle and I'm only consuming 6oz per day...the rest of them have less. From what I'm reading people keep their carbs at around 40-60 ..please help me figure out this carb thing. I would like to talk to my doctor if you really think drinking these drinks will hinder me

I'm not sure who your speaking too. But I would think that the thinking behind those drinks being not a top choice? Is that after a few days or weeks you will be consuming much more than that. Also 2oz three times a day sounds really odd. But he's your doc and he works at Yale so who am I to say differently? I'm just a random lady on the Internet :D

On a side note, I hope you don't mind me asking but Are you sure you want this? I've read your posts and you say you are happy with yourself the way you are but fear health issues I'm the future because they run in your family. But you yourself do you have health issues or is this completely a "preventative" surgery?

I must say I've probably have overstepped your boundaries on that last question I put to you..

And I'm sorry, I think it's because if this wasn't my last chance and if I wasn't morbidly obese with health issues that I was taking medications for, I probably would not if done it. Knowing what I know now of course after going through it all.

I'm not sure who your speaking too. But I would think that the thinking behind those drinks being not a top choice? Is that after a few days or weeks you will be consuming much more than that. Also 2oz three times a day sounds really odd. But he's your doc and he works at Yale so who am I to say differently? I'm just a random lady on the Internet :D

On a side note' date=' I hope you don't mind me asking but Are you sure you want this? I've read your posts and you say you are happy with yourself the way you are but fear health issues I'm the future because they run in your family. But you yourself do you have health issues or is this completely a "preventative" surgery?

[/quote']

Heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes all run in my family. I'm only 23 so I want to do this before I have any of these problems. So I guess you would say its preventative. I'm preventing myself from having a heart attack and dying. I have a BMI of 40 so I am eligible for the surgery just as much as the next person. I dont know why its a crime to be fat and like the way I look. I am doing this for health reasons as should everyone. ..no one should get this surgery to make them more attractive as a top priority. I wasnt saying anyone else was wrong I was just saying the doctors at this hospital (it shouldn't matter where) use this method.

I must say I've probably have overstepped your boundaries on that last question I put to you..

And I'm sorry' date=' I think it's because if this wasn't my last chance and if I wasn't morbidly obese with health issues that I was taking medications for, I probably would not if done it. Knowing what I know now of course after going through it all.

[/quote']

And to me it is the last chance, I have been dieting and exercising for years. I have tried everything under the sun to become healthy. I am 100% sure I want and am getting this surgery.

Heart disease' date=' high blood pressure and diabetes all run in my family. I'm only 23 so I want to do this before I have any of these problems. So I guess you would say its preventative. I'm preventing myself from having a heart attack and dying. I have a BMI of 40 so I am eligible for the surgery just as much as the next person. I dont know why its a crime to be fat and like the way I look. I am doing this for health reasons as should everyone. ..no one should get this surgery to make them more attractive as a top priority. I wasnt saying anyone else was wrong I was just saying the doctors at this hospital (it shouldn't matter where) use this method.[/quote']

Well at a bmi of 40 I would definitely say its more than just preventative.. So I apologize for that.

I don't think it's a crime to find larger people attractive. Hell I was pretty cute fat :D

It's just that you said most people to you looked better in their "before" pictures which made me think that maybe this wasn't something you really wanted. Or necessarily needed right now because of perceived health issues that might happen I'm the future.

I am obviously wrong.

Not sure about the brands but just wanted to say with the vanilla shakes you can always add the sugar free syrups to change up the flavors.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

This is just a personal preference to me...I just find bigger women more attractive, but i am actually not attracted to women so i dunno if that counts like id take ashley graham the plus size model any day over a victoria secret model.my fiance is 165lbs so I dont discriminate against the skinnies. I also am attracted to men with facial hair and tattoos. .its just a personal opinion but to me its the inside beauty that really counts. I'm gonna talk to my doctor or nutritionist tomorrow and voice my concerns about the drinks.< /p>

When I was in early postoperative, I drank the chocolate Protein Drinks, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out who the idiot was that thought people who needed Protein wanted to drink a nasty sweet chocolate flavored drink! It occurred to me then that someone should invent a beef flavored savory Protein Drink, but now that seems gross, too!

I also dont mean to offend anyone about the comment with before and after pic..obviously everyone looks gorgeous after and they should feel it

When I was in early postoperative' date=' I drank the chocolate Protein drinks, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out who the idiot was that thought people who needed Protein wanted to drink a nasty sweet chocolate flavored drink! It occurred to me then that someone should invent a beef flavored savory protein drink, but now that seems gross, too![/quote']

Id take sweets any day over salty lol. But if its nasty I dont know lol

Id take sweets any day over salty lol. But if its nasty I dont know lol

They make chicken flavored Protein powder everyone talks about by powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. I'm also allowed to drink broth as part of my 32-64 oz of Clear liquids for 2 weeks so Ill get some variety

About the drinks. You said he only wants you on them for the first few days but wants something different later on? Am I correct?

I wonder if his logic is that in the first couple of days he thinks high carb high calorie would be better if in fact for whatever reason he has you drinking such a small amounts?

I don't know that's a guess on my part..

It seems like most doctors give a Protein amount to shoot for with one type of shake and you just build up to in in the course of several weeks.

When I was in early postoperative' date=' I drank the chocolate Protein drinks, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out who the idiot was that thought people who needed Protein wanted to drink a nasty sweet chocolate flavored drink! It occurred to me then that someone should invent a beef flavored savory protein drink, but now that seems gross, too![/quote']

Ok I like sweet! :D

At 6 months out I still drink my premier chocolate shakes every morning for Breakfast :P

About the drinks. You said he only wants you on them for the first few days but wants something different later on? Am I correct?

I wonder if his logic is that in the first couple of days he thinks high carb high calorie would be better if in fact for whatever reason he has you drinking such a small amounts?

I don't know that's a guess on my part..

It seems like most doctors give a Protein amount to shoot for with one type of shake and you just build up to in in the course of several weeks.

Its for the first two weeks I'm dreading it but basically its Clear Liquids all day plus the shakes3x then week 3 I'm adding in eggs, yogurt, cottage chesse and something else lol dont remember what, week 4 I add in fish, week 5 chicken and turkey, week 6 beef..and I can eat anything that I ate the previous weeks. Not quite sure actual amounts have it written down. Its so odd how surgeons differ. I have no pre op diet