Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before and After Pictures 7 months post op

Thanks guys! Im so happy I had this surgery done! It has changed my life so much for the better.... can I ask an odd question to people that are post op and married. Has anyone had issues with their spouse? Like my husband is constantly thinking im going to find someone better now that I look better...he's a little insecure but I keep reassuring him that I love him whether im 300 pounds or 160. Someone please tell me this is somewhat normal? Its starting to scare me. I know he isn't like jealous of the way I look because he's small....he weights like 150. So idk what it is.

Hey Jessica!!!

First of all let me say how awesome you look! You look happy and look like you feel great!

Secondly our stats are pretty spot on to each other. I am 5'8", was 332 when I met my surgeon last August, DOS I was 300 and 3 weeks ago I was 250. So I'm about half way try goal of 165. Surgery was 12/10/12.

Next I wanted to bring up that I'm too having this issue with my husband. He is convinced that I'm going to lose a bunch of weight, get small and super cute and then leave. I too and not sure where this is coming from other than he does realise that I'm more noticeable now to others than I was before.

So i am sure that there is a bit of insecurity there for them. For us who may never or rarely had been "checked out" often are now getting attention. That can be scary I think. I just keep reassuring him I'm not going anywhere and try to be a little more affectionate. I wasn't really affectionate or into sex the last year of our marriage. I was so unhappy and disgusted with myself. I really backed off from him.

He says it jokingly about me leaving him but I know deep down he is serious. But we are working in it.

PM me if you wanna chat more ;-)

Again awesome job!

Jessica, in regards to your post op marriage question... This has been one of the toughest years of our marriage. I'm not sure if its directly related to the surgery but I'm certain it's part of it. My wife hasn't acted too jealous but did ask if I was going to leave her when I lost a bunch of weight.

I think for us, I've changed a lot as a person and that has been hard for her to adjust. I'm more confident and assertive than ever and that has caused a lot of tension because she is very strong willed. Put two very strong willed people together and conflict is bound to ensue.

Fortunately for us divorce will never be an option. So we have to take the hard road of learning to give up our way at least 50% of the time. With kids it's more like 95%

I hope things get better for you.

My wife hasn't acted too jealous but did ask if I was going to leave her when I lost a bunch of weight.

My husband had commented before I even had the surgery that he was scared that I would lose the weight and then leave him. He's also mentioned that again recently. I told him that he was stuck with me.

However, I personally know a few people whose marriages weren't strong enough. My brother's is one of them. His former wife had gastric bypass done and decided she wanted to date. Yeah, their kids were 8, 6, 4, and 2. (They are now 24, 22, 20, and 18.) Anyhow, two husbands later, I think she's settled down. I do have to say that her third husband is a really nice guy.

Anyhow, at least some of us KNOW that our spouses are insecure and we can work on that, if that is the route we want to take. (Which for ME, it is.) Dammit, I paid Match.com $25 to find me a husband. I'm not going to just go find another one. Especially when this one is finally trained!! (Just kidding on the trained part. Sort of.) ;)

You've made so much progress, good for you!! You look so much happier, as well as thinner, it must feel amazing to see your body changing after putting in the hard work all along the way. Thank you for sharing your pics--it inspires me and helps me stay strong when I get nervous about having the surgery. It WILL be worth it!

Congrats and keep it up, you're doing awesome!

What a great story and you look awesome !

Dammit' date=' I paid Match.com 25 to find me a husband. I'm not going to just go find another one. Especially when this one is finally trained!! (Just kidding on the trained part. Sort of.) ;)[/quote']

Lol I met my hubby on match as well! I would definitely need my 25$ back ;-)

Thanks! Wow we were almost the same! Congrats on ur weight loss. I was 310 the day of surgery. Now I am 203 today. Yeah my husband has gotten really weird about things...like one of his friends I am also really close friends with and sometimes we text about like parties and what not thats going on, on the wknds and stuff and all of a sudden my husband got soo mad and was like is there something going on between u and nick... i was shocked. I guess I can understand because when we go out people do make comments to me alot but I think its more like omg u look so different rather than omg ur so hott and I think thats the way he is interpeting it. I can say...and hopefully this isnt too much information but the sex has def. gotten better since ive lost the weight...idk if anyone else has experienced that or not lol. Goodluck with ur journey! Yeah message me anytime!

Hey Jessica!!!

First of all let me say how awesome you look! You look happy and look like you feel great!

Secondly our stats are pretty spot on to each other. I am 5'8", was 332 when I met my surgeon last August, DOS I was 300 and 3 weeks ago I was 250. So I'm about half way try goal of 165. Surgery was 12/10/12.

Next I wanted to bring up that I'm too having this issue with my husband. He is convinced that I'm going to lose a bunch of weight, get small and super cute and then leave. I too and not sure where this is coming from other than he does realise that I'm more noticeable now to others than I was before.

So i am sure that there is a bit of insecurity there for them. For us who may never or rarely had been "checked out" often are now getting attention. That can be scary I think. I just keep reassuring him I'm not going anywhere and try to be a little more affectionate. I wasn't really affectionate or into sex the last year of our marriage. I was so unhappy and disgusted with myself. I really backed off from him.

He says it jokingly about me leaving him but I know deep down he is serious. But we are working in it.

PM me if you wanna chat more ;-)

Again awesome job!

Thanks for sharing! :) Yeah my hsuband and I are both strong willed people and we also have a child so I get what your saying lol. I think its normal for people who have this surgerys spouse to get somewhat jealous or wonder if they are going to leave you. I keep reassuring my husband that I did this so I could get pregnant again, not to be a model lol.

Jessica, in regards to your post op marriage question... This has been one of the toughest years of our marriage. I'm not sure if its directly related to the surgery but I'm certain it's part of it. My wife hasn't acted too jealous but did ask if I was going to leave her when I lost a bunch of weight.

I think for us, I've changed a lot as a person and that has been hard for her to adjust. I'm more confident and assertive than ever and that has caused a lot of tension because she is very strong willed. Put two very strong willed people together and conflict is bound to ensue.

Fortunately for us divorce will never be an option. So we have to take the hard road of learning to give up our way at least 50% of the time. With kids it's more like 95%

I hope things get better for you.

DOWN 126 pounds and absolutely loving life!

First of all a BIG Congrats! Way to go! Second, the key to insecurity issues with your spouse may. simply be constant reassurance and letting him know how hot he is to you. Third is a question about your anemia the first 3 months. I'm 3 months out and my blood work showed I'm anemic and totally sleepy all the time. What did you do to fix the problem?

Thanks! Wow we were almost the same! Congrats on ur weight loss. I was 310 the day of surgery. Now I am 203 today. Yeah my husband has gotten really weird about things...like one of his friends I am also really close friends with and sometimes we text about like parties and what not thats going on' date=' on the wknds and stuff and all of a sudden my husband got soo mad and was like is there something going on between u and nick... i was shocked. I guess I can understand because when we go out people do make comments to me alot but I think its more like omg u look so different rather than omg ur so hott and I think thats the way he is interpeting it. I can say...and hopefully this isnt too much information but the sex has def. gotten better since ive lost the weight...idk if anyone else has experienced that or not lol. Goodluck with ur journey! Yeah message me anytime!

[/quote']

Rofl sex is amazing now ;-). That's enough to keep from eating lol ;-)

DOWN 126 pounds and absolutely loving life!

post-36830-13813665041261_thumb.png

[ATTACH]11994[/ATTACH]

DANG!!!!

Look at you!!! Congrats!!!