Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humble Kingwood Atascocita Huffman Cypresswood

I am making a commitment for this week. I hereby commit to doing some form of exercise all but one day from this Sunday through next Saturday. In the same time period, I also commit to no snacking between 2PM and 5PM (my big challenge). I will report back next weekend.

Good luck with your committment. I didn't know about the fever with exercise. Don't overexert. Just something moderate. I'll see you at Tai Chi on Monday. I will probably try the late class on Wed as I won't make it back in time with Dick's surgery.

Need any help with anything Wednesday?

In the back of our Tai Chi notebook is a list of the positions of First Part which will be our first test. I dug up an old Tai Chi book here and it has pictures of each position with exact body placement. If anybody wants a copy at some point before July, let me know.

Thanks for the offer Betsy. I may ask you to let my dog out on your way to Tai Chi on Wednesday. Let me see how it goes. If they take him early I may be able to come home early. I would like pictures of the steps. :) I hope I can catch up on Monday. I haven't practiced at all.

I'm going to soak those PJs again. The worst part for me is those PJs. I hate that roughness!

Pigged out on Mothers Day. Was going to let Tai Chi be my only exercise, but I'm headed to the gym to add a workout. I didn't overeat, but I ate all the wrong things and loved it! Where's everybody else? what happened to Deb, Bikergirl, and everybody??? I think I might IM folks and see how they are....

Barb, I sure hope Dick has an easy time with his surgery. I know he is ready to get rid of that pain. He is in my thoughts. I hope Tai Chi will lower your stress.

His surgery is probably going to be postponed. He has an upper respiratory infection so I don't think they will do it. He spent most of the day at the VA and they have given him some meds. I don't think the surgeon will proceed. Waiting to hear.

Tai Chi was good tonight. There was only 5 of us. Two of us were beginners so we went back over the steps. He adds a new step or two each time. Sorry you missed Betsy. I hope you got the window replaced before the rain.

I IMed the folks who had contacted us on this thread or had joined us for a meal. Heard back from Scatkat, who is STILL trying to jump through all the hoops for her insurance company and get banded.

Glad to hear Tai Chi went well. As it turned out, we didn't have a drop of rain, so I could have taped up the window and gone to Tai Chi. Who knew. The dog is very sorry for leaping though the living room window. Glad he's OK. I think he really surprised and scared himself.

Lana-How's the bathtub plumbing?

Hey friends, I've been having trouble getting to our thread. Finally figured it out. How's everybody doing? My plumbing problem is fixed, Betsy...thanks for asking. It's a never ending headache--this house building:( I've been racing out there 2 or 3 times a day. They poured the driveway today...and now it's thundering outside--don't know what that is going to mean tomorrow. I also ate too much on Mom's day. Didn't gain but didn't lose. I did walk for an hour today with my ipod keeping me going.

Glad to hear from you Lana. We've missed you. Dick has his surgery tomorrow. He has to be there at 6 and his surgery is 7:30. I'll post tomorrow night after I get home.

Its going to rain tomorrow also. Your driveway may not dry tomorrow. ;)

Hi Barb, I bet your stress level is climbing. I wish you well and of course Dick too. He seemed very confident in his doc and that's half the game. Hope to hear good news tonight. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

I heard from Barbara...She may be at home crashed in bed already. All went well.

Tai Chi was amazing tonight. The teacher had an apprentice with him sho was also teaching, so they traded off teaching me as the novice, and teaching the more advanced people. It was great. australian accent. Gorgeous eyes. Engaging smile. O, I mean the workout was good, too.

Dick is coming home today. He is doing very well cosidering. It should be interesting once we get him here how he does. It will be slow going I'm sure, but his spirits are good. He can walk around the hospital floor and sit in a chair.

My schedule has been such a mess. I don't think I've done well on my program, but I'll get back to it. I'm going to go to the office for a few hours on Monday and then back home. I should be at Tai Chi. I haven't had exercise since Monday so I'm looking forward to it.

Hope everyone is doing well.