Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humble Kingwood Atascocita Huffman Cypresswood

Can your back handle whatever he needs? Call if you need help. Glad he's doing well. food from La Villa would probably help him recover faster....

Life intervenes, doesn't it? You'll get back to your program when it's time. Hope to see you at Tai Chi. You gave me the bug to go search eBay for softer jammies....

How's the house Lana, and how was the trip Suzanne?

It's been an interesting week for me. I've been discouraged by my behavior and my plateau for a long time. So I went back to basics a few days ago...writing down my food intake and exercise. I'm now firmly convinced that I am such a liar to myself about food, and if I don't write it all down at least one week out of the month, I will slip and slide and con myself into thinking I'm doing the right things, and then not. Once I started writing it down, I was able to tweak some things and feel clearer and much better. And that got me back to more exercise the last few days. I guess I just need the reality check and the accountability regularly. I haven't been back to OA because my schedule was beginning to be overwhelming for my energy level, but I know I can get the accountability there if I don't do it myself. I think, though, that tracking stuff one week of the month will be a key for me. I bought this exercise and food tracking diary, but assorted dogs have eaten about half of it, so it's mostly just loose pages now. I'll bring some of the pages to our next get together in case anyone wants one. I guess just like never being able to gauge my own wieght by looking in the mirror, I'll not be able to gauge correct food my just going over it in my warped mind. Good things for me to know about me.....

So happy to hear from you Barb! And great news about Dick! I'm so glad it went well. I hope Betsy is OK haven't seen any posts for quite awhile. I knew you were busy. Things have been quite crazy with wedding and house for me. I'll be glad when things settle down.

Betsy, your going to think I'm nuts--if you didn't already:) I sware your 2 posts weren't there when I wrote mine to Barb--I was afraid you were sick since I hadn't seen any posts for awhile. I just read your post and love the idea about going back to square one--I really really need accountability. I'm so stressed right now, I'm having trouble focussing! I really wanted to lose a little more for the wedding, but I guess I'm just hoping now that I won't gain:( Glad to see your OK Betsy.

Hi everybody. I went today to the lap band support meeting in Houston. It's held once a month at Central Market at 2PM. It was an easy trip down there and I got there early so I could wander the market. I love that place. Jazz band in the al fresco dining. Massive grocery. Got a chair massage. Anyway....

I thought this was the big deal, where everybody went once a month and then went back to their local support groups. Well, there were 6 people there. But it gave me a very different and pleasing perspective.

All 6 had been banded a couple of years ago and I think everyone there had lost 100-200 pounds. They're all past the agonizing and the plateaus.

~They may be shooting for losing a few pounds now and then but they are at stable weights.

~They all exercise, and it's a habit now.

~They all broke through plateaus in part by writing down the food they ate.

~Most everybody says they did diet AND Portion Control until goal weight and now they just do portion control. (Except one guy who never eats....He said eating with the band was just too hard for him so he drinks his calories...soups, shakes, etc. He said his doctor always gets on him about it, but he's lost 150 pounds, feels great, is healthy, and isn't going to change what he's doing.)

There was none of the angst of complications like on lapbandtalk.com There were no newbie questions. It was just a peaceful sense of accomplishment. For me, it was hopeful. And they just know stuff.

I'm thinking of going back next month. If anybody wants to make it a field trip, I have a van!

I also love Central Market. They have such great stuff there and their produce is so fresh. I like to go there and to Rice Epicurean. Dick and I go early on a Satuday. The trip is quite easy to make. I'm surprised that there wasn't more people, but sometimes a smaller group is easier. Glad it worked for you.

I've been feeling really overwhelmed lately. I'm not in my routine and I'm not eating very well. I was pretty stuck all day yesterday. I could get some stuff in, and no PBs, but lots of burbing and a little pain. I know its stress so I need to chill a little.

Dick is doing well. He is getting to be quite independent. I am just nervous and try to make sure he doesn't do too much.

I may try to get a massage later. My muscles just ache and I haven't been able to sleep well. I know things will settle down soon, but for now ....

Barbara- With the stress of Dick's surgery hitting on both your band and your aches and pains, it's no wonder you're out of sorts. Can you take a day off from both Dick and work and just go do things for you...get a massage, go shopping, whatever..... If not, then you'll just live through this until you can. I think the massage is a good idea. Hope to see you tomorrow at Tai Chi.

Well I didn't get a massage. I had a bad PB and just felt awful. I did manage to get out for a while and go to Walmart. We needed a few things. I'm going to the office tomorrow and then back home in the afternoon. I should be at Tai Chi.

I might take some time Tuesday and go get a massage. I'm just real tired and my band is giving me a fit. I haven't been under this kind of stress since getting it so it decided to show me who's boss. We are eating a few bites of soft food when we can. Dick isn't eating very much either so don't have to cook. :)

I'm sure things will be better in a few days and once I can get back to a schedule. A schedule seems to help me the most.

Yeah, I agree on the schedule! I'm no good without it! Can you get some Protein shakes down anyway?

The good news MIGHT be that I hear thin people talk about how they can't eat under stress. I couldn't relate to that. Maybe you're just being a normal thin person......

Just a few of us at Tai Chi tonight. I worked by myself. I can't seem to remember the sequence after a certain point. I came home and had a bite of meatloaf and got stuck. It was a good 2 hours before I settled down. I guess I'm taking meatloaf off my list!

Barb, at least you went to your lesson. I'm still stuck waiting for my life to calm down. Hope to see you girls soon. I've been starving lately--probably stress related. Sorry about your bout with meatloaf:(

Sorry you are not doing well Betsy. Take care. I talked to instructor about our uniforms. He said we could order off the internet, but not to pay more than $35. It has to be black. Another lady was there and she wore a black men's T-shirt. I'm thinking of that since those jackets are just too hot and restricting. I'll look to see if I can find softer ones to wear online when I get a chance.

If it's that same woman who has been there a lot, I thought she looked a bit disrespectful the way she was dressed. I could see a long sleeved black T and matching black pants..... I looked a little on ebay and saw silks and linens. I'm just not small enough yet to be comfortable exercising in anything that isn't stretchy......

I have some nice black stretchy exercise pants. Maybe I'll look for a shirt too. Those canvas prison uniforms are not fun! But I do think they look cute!

Periodically my kidneys threaten to fail with Lupus. I always hold my breath about dialysis. So far, they've always come back without needing it. Keep a good thought.

When are we all meeting for dinner again....or do we need to just skip over to June given Lupus, spousal surgery, house building and biker trips.....

I can't find anything either. I found one that only came in white. It was for students of Tai Chi. It was only $15, but he told me it had to be black. It just can't be this hard to find them.

I'm doing better today. I was able to eat my dinner. I think I'm starting to relax some. Dick is doing great.

Memorial day is Monday so that won't work for our meeting for dinner. Why don't we meet the following Monday at Humble Cafe. Lana will you be back from the wedding by then? What about you Suzanne?