Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When does it get eaiser

I recently had my surgery on 4/10 and I'm on a clear liquid diet for 2 weeks I have found myself to be very emotional when does it start to get better?

Everyone feels like crap for 2-3 weeks. Just take a day at a time it does get better about the 3rd week.

I have not tried Protein drinks my doctor wants me on a clear liquid

Isopure makes a clear Protein Drink in lots of fruit flavors. 40g Protein in a 20oz bottle.

I was a wreck for almost three weeks, then it turned around in the 4th. It's really hard but also REALLY temporary. And it might take longer for some people than others. Try to get yourself through these tough times and you WILL feel better.

What stores can I find this in?

I ordered mine online from GNC. You can probly get them at a GNC store tho. I drank maybe 1/2 of one. They're so gross. My nurse told me they tasted like Jolly Ranchers. No Jolly Ranchers I've ever tasted were like this! What a waster of $. They're pricey too. My brother in law liked them so I gave them to him

Marci

Yes, the GNC stores carry them. If you don't like them, they will take them back even if they have been opened.

I actually like them better after surgery than I did before surgery.

Angel' date=' I was sleeved on 4/10 also. R u able to get in Protein drinks? I'm doing ok on Water but I need some calories. I'm having trouble with sweetness.[/quote']

I was sleeved april 3rd & can't stand the Protein shakes so what I do is add unflavored Protein 2 my Soups,apple sauce & yogurt & if I do drink a shake I add a lil fruit 2 it make it taste 100% better good luck

I haven't had any trouble with my fluids

I am feeling the same way...I just had mine done on 4/8 and I'm trying really hard not to be negative' date=' but all of a sudden I just get freaked out about was this the right choice, and is this really healthy? People I work with who have had it done seem so happy...so I'm really hoping it gets better. It doesn't help that it is so difficult to get all the Water and Protein in. I want to do everything I'm told, but my body isn't listening. I'm having a really hard time sleeping at night as well, as I keep having nightmares, and that too, I hope passes. We just have to stay strong and believe that it will get better![/quote']

I have nightmares 2 I Think its the pain meds & it will get better in time I was sleeved april 3rd good luck

I am feeling the same way...I just had mine done on 4/8 and I'm trying really hard not to be negative' date=' but all of a sudden I just get freaked out about was this the right choice, and is this really healthy? People I work with who have had it done seem so happy...so I'm really hoping it gets better. It doesn't help that it is so difficult to get all the Water and Protein in. I want to do everything I'm told, but my body isn't listening. I'm having a really hard time sleeping at night as well, as I keep having nightmares, and that too, I hope passes. We just have to stay strong and believe that it will get better![/quote']

I have nightmares 2 I Think its the pain meds & it will get better in time I was sleeved april 3rd good luck

Toy, r u taking your pain meds around the clock or just at bedtime. I'm having to take mine around the clock. I get this weird nauseousness feeling, hot flash type thing right before its time to take more pain medicine. They tried to give me a med for just nausea but that doesn't stop it. Just wondering if I'm the only one having to take this much pain medicine.

Toy' date=' r u taking your pain meds around the clock or just at bedtime. I'm having to take mine around the clock. I get this weird nauseousness feeling, hot flash type thing right before its time to take more pain medicine. They tried to give me a med for just nausea but that doesn't stop it. Just wondering if I'm the only one having to take this much pain medicine.[/quote']

At 1st I was but now I try 2 hold out they have me on diladid sorry might have spelled that wrong & @ 1st I was getting nauseous they gave me zophan 4 that was working great no longer have 2 take it anymore & what's scary 4 me is that I can take fairly large sips I don't even wanna use my cup anymore

So normal! I was told that sometimes people get depressed and it's a reaction to anesthesia and it can happen with any surgery. That, on top of all the changes I was going through, I was depressed for a few weeks. Going from liquids to purees helped a little. I really started feeling better around week 5. Up until then I was pretty much an angry, miserable, depressed mess.

Just hold on!! It will definitely get better.

Hold on!!!! It will get better. I'm 6 weeks out. Life is starting to get back to normal. I've learned how my new full pouch feels what you can eat when to eat it. B patient. Do your personal best in following the rules. You've made a life changing decision. Give yourself 6 weeks of healing and you will see!!! Best wishes!