Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm absolutely ready for the change & know it's just a tool. The complication and regret part are what scare me. Other than that I've researched & prepped like crazy. My surgery is next Thursday

I have no regrets at this point. I absolutely miss food in the worst way, but the fact remains that my sleeve could care less what my brain misses. It was not an easy decision at all,but going to Knotts berry Farm and not being able to get on a ride with my 4 year old because of my obesity made my decision the right decision. I'm sorry she felt attacked for being honest, that's just not ok. Honey at the end of the da this is your journey....so let your haters make you stronger. With every dig I get from someone who has an issue with me I encourage them to KIM (keep it moving).

Like most.. my only regret is not doing it sooner.. I have nothing to be ashamed of.. I dont not want to go back to the way I was.. my mom died because her weight brought on health issues later in her life.. I wont be like that. I went into surgery eyes open to what I was in for.. I did a lot of research.. talked to a lot of people.. even the psych doctor.. its not been an easy path..but its not been a hard one either.. just life changing decisions... and so far ive made the correct ones.. there is no way Im going back.. Im going forward.. to a new me.. a new healthier me.. I dont care that I cant eat like I used to.. I dont care what people think.. I didnt do it for them.. I did it for me... I dont care that I cant drink soda either.. or eat 4 or 5 tacos in one setting.. Im happy with the way things are.. specially since my food bill dropped wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down.. and I get new clothes to boot.. so no regrets.. only happiness here :)

I regret it. I would not do it again. Even when I meet my weight goal' date=' which I feel I will in the next year or so...I am pretty confident - I will still regret it. I am not saying this to scare you. I am saying this to speak my truth & hopefully, help anyone who is like me - and should not have the surgery. This surgery or any wls surgery isn't for everyone. I am 1 month out. I have had no complications yet. I have been very lucky with having no thirst or hunger. I prepared for over a year. I knew the dangers. I knew the possible consequences. I didn't anticipate the shame and embarassment I feel - no way to prepare for that really. I didn't anticipate regretting it this much; I thought there would be some initial regret, then, it would subside..it hasn't. People slam me on here for speaking my truth, but I won't be quiet about it...it is not in my nature. So, the condensed version of why I regret it...I miss my life prior to surgery, unhealthy or not. I miss the life I had...there is NO going back after surgery. My goal is to move toward acceptance and make the best out of it.

Please make sure it is the best decision for you and your situation. Don't let any negative comments here on this site or anywhere in your life keep you from doing what is best for you. I wish you the best of luck. Take care![/quote']

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad about this. It has so dramatically changed my life for the better, even with a couple of post surgery complications, I would do it again in a second. I did a lot of psych work a head of time. My primary didn't approve so I had to jump through her hoops. She was right! I learned to totally change my out look, my opinion of food but mostly myself. I have lost 104% of my excess weight in 14 months primarily because of my psych work. Attitude Is Everything! DO NOT take others' negative comments to heart. Your opinion IS just as valid as those who are happy about their decision and Just As Valuable. Especially to those who are not sure. The better informed you are, the more conviction you have in your decision. I wish you well and hope you will find the joy in this new life as I have. Hugs to you!

At almost 3 years out, no regrets. NONE! I had no complications except minor ones for a short period like extreme tiredness, lightheaded, some sliming and up chucking because I are too fast or ate bread (ALWAYS got stuck!) but I'd do it again tomorrow. Yes, life food wise as you know it is gone and that "high" of indulging is gone but isn't that WHY we do it? Because we couldn't do it on our own and our health suffered?

Life is good. Even on the days the THOUGHT of eating something turns out to be "not so much!" Lol. Yep, when I put on those size 8 and 10 skirts I can deal with the rest! Smile

Sooner Girl36, I agree. If you're not sure, consider taking more time to think. I was originally supposed to have my surgery in April 2011. Less than 2 weeks before my surgery, my family found out about a friend's niece who was in the hospital dying of liver failure. She had a RnY and was drinking because she couldn't eat to deal with things. My family freaked out and my support system fell apart so I postponed my surgery for another 10 months. Even tho I was ready, they weren't and I didn't need their negative energy pulling me down. By December, I knew I had to do it for me, with or without their support. I had mine done Feb. 2012 and couldn't be happier. It is a serious decision and you need to be sure. You will have to change your lifestyle forever, or wind up right back where you are. I did mourn food. Not the sweets I had anticipated, but the raw vegetables, salad that I couldn't eat. I am at a point now, where I can probably eat anything I want. I just choose not to. Being 122 pounds lighter and in size 6 pants, makes that choice a whole lot easier! Best of luck in your decision!!

I can't imagine regretting the loss of my old self. Just thinking about the gross way I'd eat and the way I looked.. It's embarrassing. I was a slob sloth and ate like a pig. Don't get me wrong.. I'm not dissing animals, I just don't want to be one. OR LOOK LIKE ONE!

For about 3 weeks after surgery I had HUGE regrets! I cried all the time and I was in pain for a while. But now week 4 1/2 I'm almost 30lbs down and I have never felt better! It's just the first couple of weeks that you feel so weak and confused on "food" choices that was hard on me. But if I would have had my food options planned out a little better and had been better educated on what the dos ands donts were and even a support group I would have felt better! That why I'm so glad to have found this app. It's real talk from real people that have been where you are!!!