Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone that is having second thoughts about the surgery should read this.

I was sleeved 2/26. I was very worried about going through with it, and I thought about canceling the surgery several times. I was afraid of never being able to eat anything again, I was afraid of the actual surgery, of post surgery problems, I was, well, just afraid.

I am now almost 6 weeks out. I started the liquid diet on February 15, 11 days before my surgery. On February 15, I was 331 pounds. Today I am 278 pounds, and totally see myself getting down to my goal weight of 199 pounds.

I feel very lucky, in comparison with some of the stories I've read on this page. I see many people talking about how they have problems drinking liquids, and eating a lot of foods.

I can now eat basically anything. I just went over the 50 pound more yesterday, and I celebrated with a burger at Fuddruckers last night. I was able to eat the small burger there with everything except for the top half of the bun I even ate a few sweet potato fries.

I can gulp liquids, and it's actually too easy for me to get my 1300 – 1500 calories in each day----things that were told to me to be very difficult.

I am already getting many compliments on my weight loss. I already feel good about myself. It's been fun to buy new clothing (I am not getting too crazy though, as the weight is going to continue to come off very rapidly.)

I'm REALLY glad I did it!

Good for you Jason! I'm just in the thinking and research stage! I'm thinking the sleeve vs the bypass because of what I've read so far and spoke to people, there are less side effects for the sleeve. Did you research a lot before deciding?

Congrats! I'm 20 months post op and feel the same way!!

Glad to see this post. I'm about 1.5 weeks from surgery. I keep having pre-surgery jitters and fleeting negative thoughts and worries about the surgery. It really helps to see these posts from people especially those that are still within a couple of months of surgery! Thanks :)

Congrats Jason! Glad to hear your doing really good..... Keep ROCKIN THAT SLEEVE! :)

afraid of the surgery, post surgery problems, I was afraid.

I'm REALLY glad I did it!

jason317

so glad you didn't "chicken" out!!!! and stuck to your guns and had WLS!!!!

you might have 2nd guessed yourself???

but you made the wise decision, went with your gut, and you are now starting your new healthier, happier, longer life with the sleeve

50 lbs in 6 weeks???? :o

OMG thats wonderful!!!!!! :)

weight loss does come off pretty quickly at first, its great!!!!

eventually the loss will come to a more "even" weight loss.

not telling you above to "bum" you out, just to be realistic!!

you will continue to loose terrifically :)

i can see B) your determination

i know you will be successful :)

continued good luck

vinie3999

are you still out there?

for you and anyone else trying to choose between sleeve and gastric bypass????

this is the sleeve board, so most of us will all advocate for the sleeve :)

but.......it really is the best WLS - i promise - would i lie to you??? :lol:

gastric bypass, you will have intestinal issues, dumping, malabsorption - and just problems!!!!

IMO the sleeve is the "ONLY" WLS :)

yes, always do your research prior to pending surgery

good book to read - Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies

i know you will come to the wise decision to have the sleeve

good luck

I read a similar post before my surgery and it helped me a lot!

I am in the same boat as you, Jason - no complications, no problems eating, loving the transformation :)

Much luck to you in the journey!

Good for you!!!

Good for you Jason! I'm just in the thinking and research stage! I'm thinking the sleeve vs the bypass because of what I've read so far and spoke to people' date=' there are less side effects for the sleeve. Did you research a lot before deciding?[/quote']

Not really. My surgeon highly recommended the sleeve, & it sounded like the best idea.