Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ohio Sleeve patients?

Hey new to the forums. Just sleeved may 22nd. I'm from canton Ohio but had the surgery under dr. Chlysta at Akron general in Akron, Ohio

Hi kcolli28

I am frm Canton also and sleeved on April 28th in Cleveland at UH.

I just got sleeved April 30,2015

Welcome to the group! I was sleeved 4/8 so I am still fairly new but if I can help in any way don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you . I'm on soft goods but still trying to adjust. I lost 12 lbs preop and since then Iost 43 lb. I am still trying to get used to the whole not eating for 30 min after I drink something

Not drinking 30 mins prior is something many people struggle with so you are not alone.

I had my VSG done by Dr. Curry in Cincinnati, Ohio on March 20th. I've lost 40 pds with 41 more to go. But I need to join a support group. Does anyone know of a good group in Cincinnati?

Edited by Lacunn711

Hello everyone!!! I'm from Mason Ohio. I start my appointments this week. Physical fitness tomorrow, psych Tuesday and surgeon consultation Thursday at West Chester Hospital. Not sure what to expect. I'm really nervous. :-/

Hello everyone!!! I'm from Mason Ohio. I start my appointments this week. Physical fitness tomorrow, psych Tuesday and surgeon consultation Thursday at West Chester Hospital. Not sure what to expect. I'm really nervous. :-/

Don't be nervous at all. Embrace it! I am at the end of my journey. Looking at a surgery date of 6/18 or 6/20. As your going through all of your pre-quals you'll feel better I'm sure. Good luck to you. This group is amazing. If you have any questions this forum is always here to help. I have had countless questions and have found most of my answers through this site. Take it one day at a time and Celebrate each win. I started a charm Bracelet - everytime I hit a milestone in this process whether it be a pound lost or a pre-qual I add a new charm. You can do it!!!

I was sleeved Oct. 21st 2013 in Dayton OH by Dr. David Bruce. My surgery was performed at Grandview Hospital. For anyone in the Dayton OH area, we all know Grandview has a bad reputation. ( In very rough part of town ) But I am here to tell you the NEW Grandview ( since remodel) is BEAUTIFUL!!! My stay there was fabulous. The rooms on the bariatric floor are basically private and very spacious. The staff were awesome, very friendly and attentive. I have nothing but kudos for my surgical experience. My journey post op has been ok. I am a bit of a "slow loser" but I am losing, and that is what counts! I am really happy with my choice and just wish I had done it years ago!!!

Hi I had my surgery about 2 weeks ago and lost almost 20lbs since I got back home for some reason I ended up being more than I went in I assume from the liquids......good luck

Wow. How do you feel?

How long did you stay in the hospital?

Wow. How do you feel?

How long did you stay in the hospital?

I feel pretty darn good. When you lose a large amount of weight it is always a huge relief on your body. Even though I am still classified "morbidly obese" and I am the weight that some sleevers actually start at, I am feeling pretty terrific. I had horrible arthritis in my knees before the weight loss. I was a heavy anti inflammatory user until repeated DVTs/ PEs put me on blood thinners for life. I could no longer use the anti inflammatory meds and the pain in my knees was nearly crippling. I was put on Tramadol to deal with the pain, but it barely helped. I have not had one pain killer for my knees since surgery! As of now I rarely have ANY arthritis pain in my knees and my mobility is 100% better. Now, I do currently have lower back pain. I was told it is likely to my shift in gait from losing weight, along with the fact I can now wear heels!!! LOL So it is sort of a give and take, but very manageable. Otherwise my health is good. I did have extreme hair loss and now wear a wig, but I believe the surgery was only a part in that for me. ( PCOS and blood thinners are culprit too I think) Other than that I am healthy as anybody. My stay in the hospital was 3 days. My surgery was scheduled for 10am on Oct 21st, had to be there at 7am. There was an emergency and I was pushed back until 3pm!! I spent a lot of time in the pre op area. Wasn't bad, except smelling coffee from the nurses station and not being allowed any. LOL I did have a hard time from the anesthesia and could not wake up easily. ( first time for that issue) Pain meds made me super sick to my stomach and my first clear memory post op was throwing up. Not good after major stomach surgery, but I lived through it. They learned to give me anti nausea chasers immediately after pain meds to keep that from happening again. I was released late Wednesday afternoon. I was sent home with liquid Vicodin and some anti nausea meds, but only took them two days. My recovery was pretty smooth. I have had no major issues at all since.

Hi there....just had the sleeve surgery Tuesday June 17 at the Cleveland Clinic. Any other Clinic folks out there?

Hi there....just had the sleeve surgery Tuesday June 17 at the Cleveland Clinic. Any other Clinic folks out there?

Hi! I am having mine done at the clinic but still in preop stage! Who was your surgeon? How was the hospital stay? I'm nervous but excited looking at a early December surgery date hopefully!