Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to refocus!

Wow, I really need to re-focus. Over the last 3 days I have eaten so much of the stuff that I swore off over 2 months ago. Saturday was my birthday, I turned 37. My wonderful sweet husband took me out for a date day without the kids. The day started out great, I went for a 5 mile walk and then went and had a 90 minute massage. We decided to venture to the city and we were having a great time meandering the streets. My husband decided that he was going to have some ice cream and this is where I fell off the wagon big time. I figured heck its my birthday, one little scoop of ice cream will be ok. I got a scoop of mint choc chip in a cup. About 45 minutes after eating it I started to feel nauseated and then my stomach started to cramp, yup I am thinking that I experienced my first episode of dumping. After relieving myself in the rest room I felt much better. We later went to dinner at a mexican restraunt. I had a chicken enchilada, I pulled the chicken out of the tortia. I felt that I did ok with dinner with the exception of some chips and salsa oh and lets not forget about 1/2 of a strawberry daquri. Later I spent half of the night in the rest room with horrible diarrhea. Humm so did I learn my lesson? Apparently not, because I had a few bites of candy on Easter and I ate Cookies today.....not just two cookies but 4! Oh my goodness, it is like I just snapped....I have been so disciplined which has shown in my weight loss (55 pounds in 8 weeks). What in the heck am I doing? Today I just could not control my self, it was like "I have to have sugar or I'm going to die" kind of feeling. I have been doing so good without sugar for 8 weeks, I think that one scoop of ice cream started it all. I am going to try my hardest to get back into my routine tomorrow. I have to control these urges. I also haven't been getting in all of my Water like I usually do, and I am certain that I have been no way near my normal amount of Protein intake. I am reminding myself of a quote from Susan Maria Leach's Before and After book "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". I am going to say it over and over again and hopefully it will sink in.

At least even though I've been out of control with my eating over the last few days I am still doing my 5 mile walk 4 days a week (I work 12 hour shifts the other 3).

Re-focus.....Re-focus!

Thanks for listening!

Wow' date=' I really need to re-focus. Over the last 3 days I have eaten so much of the stuff that I swore off over 2 months ago. Saturday was my birthday, I turned 37. My wonderful sweet husband took me out for a date day without the kids. The day started out great, I went for a 5 mile walk and then went and had a 90 minute massage. We decided to venture to the city and we were having a great time meandering the streets. My husband decided that he was going to have some ice cream and this is where I fell off the wagon big time. I figured heck its my birthday, one little scoop of ice cream will be ok. I got a scoop of mint choc chip in a cup. About 45 minutes after eating it I started to feel nauseated and then my stomach started to cramp, yup I am thinking that I experienced my first episode of dumping. After relieving myself in the rest room I felt much better. We later went to dinner at a mexican restraunt. I had a chicken enchilada, I pulled the chicken out of the tortia. I felt that I did ok with dinner with the exception of some chips and salsa oh and lets not forget about 1/2 of a strawberry daquri. Later I spent half of the night in the rest room with horrible diarrhea. Humm so did I learn my lesson? Apparently not, because I had a few bites of candy on Easter and I ate Cookies today.....not just two Cookies but 4! Oh my goodness, it is like I just snapped....I have been so disciplined which has shown in my weight loss (55 pounds in 8 weeks). What in the heck am I doing? Today I just could not control my self, it was like "I have to have sugar or I'm going to die" kind of feeling. I have been doing so good without sugar for 8 weeks, I think that one scoop of ice cream started it all. I am going to try my hardest to get back into my routine tomorrow. I have to control these urges. I also haven't been getting in all of my Water like I usually do, and I am certain that I have been no way near my normal amount of Protein intake. I am reminding myself of a quote from Susan Maria Leach's Before and After book "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". I am going to say it over and over again and hopefully it will sink in.

At least even though I've been out of control with my eating over the last few days I am still doing my 5 mile walk 4 days a week (I work 12 hour shifts the other 3).

Re-focus.....Re-focus!

Thanks for listening![/quote']

I understand. I too have been sneaking bites of things I know I shouldn't have but telling myself a tiny bite is ok. Im not getting my Protein or Water because ive been sleeping sooo much(more than 14 hours a day) and i miss a lot of time throughout the day. Im with you on re-focusing. Good luck to us! We may fall down but we get up! Thanks for sharing, it's good to know that you aren't going through some of these things by yourself!!

You got this! Try logging everything you eat...not to be a crazy stickler, but to really show yourself what you eat. I log every day no matter how many Cookies I have. I may not lose as much as others but I have a balanced and healthy relationship with food. Food is meant to be enjoyed and if you enjoy a cookie it's fine...just be accountable. But it sounds like you didn't really enjoy it but for a moment...dumping! So stop beating yourself up. You're human. You had a cookie, didn't kill someone. Yes refocus but also focus on the big picture and forgive yourself. Good luck!