Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Thanks for the info Dee! :( Hopefully my schedule will allow me to go to it. My work schedule changes late Septemeber.

Thank you all for you thoughts/prayers/well wishes re: hubby's stress test. He received the results by phone at work yesterday afternoon (Friday), so he didn't ask the questions that I would have (and will be asking come Monday morning!) He said that the nurse said there was a "minor problem" and which he can discuss with the cardiologist "at his appointment on 6/19"! Hellooo??? A minor problem? With his HEART?? Geeze Louise! Give me details, woman! I think that my hubs so wants nothing to be wrong that he is minimizing/denying/avoiding. But you can bet your bottom that I'll be on the horn bright and early come Monday.

Mal -- WTG with that bike! You've got a light for the night rides, yes?

Mini -- Your consult is done and your on your way -- so very cool!!

LA -- Ice cream is my vice, too! Have you tried the Breyer's Carb Smart? Only 4 net carbs in a serving. Not too bad on taste.

Dee -- Things happen for a reason --that house wasn't the right one for you right now. Big, big kuddos to you for riding your bike to work out your stress!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!dance.gif

232323232%7Ffp43234%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E37%3B%3E638%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C6%3C363%3A47nu0mrj

Down 2 pounds plus .4! Yippee Skippee!:(

Okay kids....I'm up 4 pounds. Owning it.

Mal I love it. Great idea. Never thought to ride at night with a little light. That would work for me.

Shelbie!!! You are the Girl!!

Okay, I am in denial! My scale says that I am exactly the same (to the ounce). I even changed the battery! I wanted to lose this week...sooo badly.....waaaaaahh. Out of pure desperation and an attempt to save face, I measured. Down 2 inches in the waist, one inch in the hips and a half inch in my upper arms. How is that possible? Two inches in the waist? Surely that is some lost poundage. My scale is my enemy!

Okay here we go, I weighed this morning and I am down 1.5lbs. Should be more but I ate like crap the last 2 days. I couldn't figure out why I was shoving everything that is bad for me in my mouth, that is until I looked at the calendar and realized next week will be the 1 year anniversary on my Mom's death. That says it all, right? I have now realized it so hopefully I can change it or try to at least.

I am off to clean our 5th wheel trailer so that we can put it away. They I think I will take a nice long walk. Could eat much this morning, Cereal got stuck and so did my toast. So now I am trying to make it stay down. Wish me luck.

Hope you all have a great Saturday!!!:(

Sorry Lap, but I beat you!

I gained 4.6lbs!

I do not want to own it, I hate it, It sucks, I hate my scale, I'm going to the Goodwill and dropping it off this afternoon!

okay, I am calm now. I have no idea how that happened! Could be Water weight or the fact that I haven't been 'regular' in about a week. (TMI - I know!)

:(

(I'll be hiding behind this couch until next Saturday weigh in and I better lose the 4.6 plus another 4 lbs or I'll never make my goal!)

Edited by Tied2BFit

Bandito Goal 1st wk

Dee = 20lbs +4.6

Bookholder = 15lbs

Brandy = 25lbs

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0lbs

Mal = 15lbs +0.0

LA = 23lbs+1.0lb

Marcy = 15lbs

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6

Amieru = 20lbs

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5lbs

Lifesaver = 20lbs

John T = 15lbs

bahotmamma = 20 lbs -1.5lbs

263 total!

Okay Banditos! I'm thrilled with your results! AND Mal, I'm going to say +0 for you! You didn't gain, so I'd say that is a bonus!

Shelbi, I loved your pic! Great Job!

Denise, You Go - Can you see those Daisydukes?

Everyone else, we're waiting! :( AND John, you better get your hiney over here and post your loss!

Edited by Tied2BFit
To update Sidann's info

Ack.... I am up 1 pound. Grrrr. I know it is the freaking ice cream at work and the piece of cake I had last night. Bad Lori.... bad.

I even ran this morning hoping to make up for it! lol. Ah well. I took my bike into the shop to get it fixed up and I bought a Polar HRM watch to help figure out how I am doing when I run. I am determined to make my goal. No more cheating!!!!

My only saving grace is that technically my "morning" comes tonight when I wake up since I am third shift. so maybe I will be even then. hehehe

Congratulations LOSERS! I would love to be a loser this week for all the right reasons but it didn't happen that way.

Okay so I know what I did wrong. I am being a mother to myself right now and patting me on the back for not popping a gasket while daughter was here or going on a full on binge.

No throwing scales away! They are only the messengers.

My hubby said it ever so succinctly, "Get back on track, it's only one week."

I'll catch up with you cowgirls next week you watch! I'm so ready.

Sharing this website with you all. I ordered my Protein Bars and some Vitamins. Check out the uber cheap shipping.

AllStarHealth.com - Vitamins and Nutritional supplements at Discounted Prices

Onward we go!!!! Dee, see you in the other direction next Saturday!!!! WOO HOO.

Lap, I agree with your husband 100%.

Everyone --

We will all have our up,down, even weeks.

Think of where we were last year this time and how we were living -- we are so much healthier on all levels.

We're still on the day-by-day journey and I couldn't imagine better traveling companions.

Bahot -- Take care of yourself this week. Focus on to the good memories. Hugs to you.

LA -- You are doing so great with your running!!! I'm still struggling to increase my running time from about 30-60 seconds; I walk the 5k and really enjoy it, but I am so off track with the progression to incorporating more running/less walking. My original plan was to run the 5k in the October Autism Run, but I know realistically I'll probably still be doing the walk/run combo at that point. If I'm running a continuous mile in Oct. and walking the rest, I'll be satisfied -- at least I'll be doing more than I ever have, right?

It's a brand new week, everyone! Off we go!

Lap, It's You, Mal and Me, Babes! We'll be on the losing end next week. You did well taking into consideration your situation. The good thing about the Lap Band is that -- it's forgiving and it's always there when you fall off the 'bandwagon' - it allows you to pick yourself back up -- hop aboard and ride into the sunset of good health!:( I knew there was a banana riding on something!

Shelbi, You're right! We are much farther than we were just 10 months ago! I think to myself, I weighed 458lbs just 10 months ago! That's a lot! Almost 500lbs! I can't believe I was still walking around! I don't think I'd be alive long at that weight... and I know I couldn't have continued working full-time.

My life has improved greatly by this little device called the Adjustable Gastric Lap Band and I have Dr. K to think for that!

Denise, I lost my father 14 years ago and I miss him everyday. He'd be proud of me for my success. He mentioned WLS years ago and I remember just ignoring him. Your Mom would be so proud of you and your accomplishments. We both can honor their memory by continuing on the road to good health.

Hugs All My Sweet Banditos!

Happy Saturday!

dee~

Hello!!! I am back from ALL DAY GRADUATION. . . . whew!

Dee? Are you still hiding behind the couch? It's okay . . . you can come out now. Everybody loves you even if you didn't lose this week.

I think you're all remarkable. And of course there will be some weeks when you're up. You all know how fickle the scale can be. It will all even itself out in the end.

Hey - I was getting dressed for graduation this morning and I put on a dress with my usual bike shorts underneath and I wondered if there will be a day in my future when I can actually wear a dress and not have my thighs chafe from rubbing together. They even chafe through panty hose! I don't want much in life . . . I just want to end the chafing!!!

Oh, and I want to be able to sit on the ground and then get back up again without having to bring in heavy equipment to get me back on my feet. And I want to be able to sit in the teeny folding chairs at graduation and not be overflowing onto the person next to me.

Okay. I'm done.