Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Oh sweetie. I'm so sorry! Who is his doctor? Where are they doing the biopsy? Do you know where the mass is?

Sorry to pepper you with questions. Try not to be afraid. The vast majority of masses in the brain are NOT malignant. I know that probably doesn't make you feel any better right now, but the odds are on his side.

I don't know what Dr or where they are doing the biopsy, they live in Provo. The mass is at the base of his brainstem, I think that is where my mom said it was. It is 3cm by 3 cm right now. I know that most masses are not malignant. My FIL actually has a tumor that they shrunk with medication, so I know I should be hopeful, I'm just really worried.

I was going to say the same thing as Mini-that most brain masses are not malignant. That doesn't make it any easier though. :(

I don't know what Dr or where they are doing the biopsy, they live in Provo. The mass is at the base of his brainstem, I think that is where my mom said it was. It is 3cm by 3 cm right now. I know that most masses are not malignant. My FIL actually has a tumor that they shrunk with medication, so I know I should be hopeful, I'm just really worried.

I don't blame you for being worried. I would be scared to death. PLEASE let us know if there is anything at all we can do for you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and lots and lots of good, healing vibes.

I don't blame you for being worried. I would be scared to death. PLEASE let us know if there is anything at all we can do for you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and lots and lots of good, healing vibes.

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Dee-what is your interview for?

It's a Research Assistant for the Medical Director

Can you all do some praying for my family? We just found out today that my Dad has a mass in his brain. They are doing a biopsy on Monday to find out what it is. My dad isn't even 50 yet. I am really scared.

Oh My Goodness Lotza! I'm so sorry to hear this! I will be praying tonight and until you let us know your father is doing okay. He's so young! I would be very scared too. I'm sending you a big Hug Dear! I wish I could give it to you in person!

It's a Research Assistant for the Medical Director

Oh My Goodness Lotza! I'm so sorry to hear this! I will be praying tonight and until you let us know your father is doing okay. He's so young! I would be very scared too. I'm sending you a big Hug Dear! I wish I could give it to you in person!

Thank you! No worries, I like cyber hugs too!

Well, here's a big group hug from all of us.

:(

Good Night Ladies! I am going to try to sleep now. I have the early interview and I don't want to look too sleepy!

Heather! My Dear, Try to get a goodnight's sleep and just love on those babies of yours tonight. I'll be thinking good thoughts and believing that things will work out well for all of you! They deserve to be with their Mom!

Marie! Goodnight. I will remember your father in my prayers and you also. It's going to be a long weekend for you guys waiting his biopsy. I'm believing positive things for you.

Mini! My Sweet Puff Mama! Sleep Sweet!

love you!

Denise, Deb? Did you guys already go to bed?

Good Night Ladies! I am going to try to sleep now. I have the early interview and I don't want to look too sleepy!

Heather! My Dear, Try to get a goodnight's sleep and just love on those babies of yours tonight. I'll be thinking good thoughts and believing that things will work out well for all of you! They deserve to be with their Mom!

Marie! Goodnight. I will remember your father in my prayers and you also. It's going to be a long weekend for you guys waiting his biopsy. I'm believing positive things for you.

Mini! My Sweet Puff Mama! Sleep Sweet!

love you!

Denise, Deb? Did you guys already go to bed?

Good luck tomorrow!!!! Let us know how it goes!! woohoo!

Calling all nurses!

HELP! I broke my pinky toe. :cool2: It hurts like the dickens, it's all black and blue and purple, and I can't bend it. Oh, and I can't wear my work shoes. I walked into work half-barefoot because I just can't put my foot into a shoe and walk. It's throbbing, it's ugly...if I go to the doctor, are they just going to take an Xray, tell me it's broken, and send me on my way? Is there anything they can do for a broken toe? Will they give me something for the pain??? I'm a wuss and it hurts. ;) I don't want to go to the Urgent Care with a broken toe unless I know they'll help me. I'm on an 80/20 plan for insurance, so whatever they do, I pay 20% and I don't want to cost myself a lot of money for nothing!

:laugh:

Fall has officially arrived here. It is chilly out today! I am going to have to bust out the sweaters and such. I need to try my fall shoes on because I have a feeling most of them are going to be too big! I am running about a size smaller in shoes now I noticed! Oh well, I don't need too much of an excuse to buy new shoes!:w00t:

Told Tally in a PM that I slept fantastic last night now that it is chilly out. But I have no motivation to do anything today and I have errands to run. Must get moving!! Grrr!!!

I wish my shoes were too big! Well, I can't get motivated here either and it's not chilly :) I will be in Denver for my fill appt. Tue. and I will have to go buy some sort of jacket or sweatshirt so I don't freeze.

Drive by post...

The evil neighbors have done it this time. I have HAD it with this situation. I came home today to find a notice on the door because they have complained to animal control that I am over the 4 pet limit. I am absolutely devastated to think of having to give up even one of these dogs. How can they live with themselves for doing this? My dogs don't bother ANYONE. They are not left outside, they do not bark, and my yard is clean.

I really don't know how they can live with themselves. These dogs will be heartbroken if they are split up too!!

You have a pet limit? I've never herd of such a thing! I can't believe anyone would do such a thing, they suck in the worst way.

Let me know if the acupuncture works. Acupuncture fascinates me and I have had patients who swear by it. I thought it wasn't supposed to hurt though? :w00t:

I LOVE acupuncture! My insurance doesn't cover it so I don't do it anymore. I have never had it hurt though, you may want to try going to someone else.

Can you all do some praying for my family? We just found out today that my Dad has a mass in his brain. They are doing a biopsy on Monday to find out what it is. My dad isn't even 50 yet. I am really scared.

Lotza, absolutely, prayers your way..hope all turns out to be nothing

Calling all nurses!

HELP! I broke my pinky toe. :w00t: It hurts like the dickens, it's all black and blue and purple, and I can't bend it. Oh, and I can't wear my work shoes. I walked into work half-barefoot because I just can't put my foot into a shoe and walk. It's throbbing, it's ugly...if I go to the doctor, are they just going to take an Xray, tell me it's broken, and send me on my way? Is there anything they can do for a broken toe? Will they give me something for the pain??? I'm a wuss and it hurts. :) I don't want to go to the Urgent Care with a broken toe unless I know they'll help me. I'm on an 80/20 plan for insurance, so whatever they do, I pay 20% and I don't want to cost myself a lot of money for nothing!

:redface:

jme, I did the same thing a few years ago. There is nothing they can do. Take a pair of tennis shoes, and leave the sole intact, but cut the toe portion off with a box cutter. That way you can wear shoes that don't hurt. Sorry!

I wish my shoes were too big! Well, I can't get motivated here either and it's not chilly :thumbup: I will be in Denver for my fill appt. Tue. and I will have to go buy some sort of jacket or sweatshirt so I don't freeze.

Tally, don't buy anything! I'll bring you a coat or sweatshirt when I get you at the airport..I have plenty and we don't want to be buying stuff until we get into the single digits, right?

I had my first fill today. It was not fun. I had no idea that they kept the needle in your for several minutes while you sit up, drink Water, etc. Thanks for the tip to bring my own icewater. It was a lot easier to tell whether I had restriction with the cold water.

I had my first fill today. It was not fun. I had no idea that they kept the needle in your for several minutes while you sit up, drink Water, etc. Thanks for the tip to bring my own icewater. It was a lot easier to tell whether I had restriction with the cold water.

Oh dear. Sorry it was rough. How much did he put in?