Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Extreme fullness in my esophagus when I eat

I have just started soft foods (sleeved on the 12th) and everytime I eat I get this major uncomfortable fullness in my esophagus, like food won't go up or down. Anyone had this and what is it????

it feels like its stuck right? Its because you ate too fast or too much or its still swollen as its completely normal and will get better with time but if you overeat you will feel this forever!! Thats the restriction!! My Nut says to quit eating just before I feel that and i have been fine ! I was done Mar 4th

it feels like its stuck right? Its because you ate too fast or too much or its still swollen as its completely normal and will get better with time but if you overeat you will feel this forever!! Thats the restriction!! My Nut says to quit eating just before I feel that and i have been fine ! I was done Mar 4th

How's your weight loss?? So as soon as I feel this start I should quit eating?? Is this like my "cue" that I am done??

yes thats a great way to look at it!! Don't wait til it hurts just when you start to feel the pressure thats your cue that your done!! its a new way to feel full!! I am down 30lbs so far in 3 weeks!! It works!!

i am six weeks out and I still get it no matter how little i eat. It seems to be worst with chicken. I notice if i dont drink for like an hour before i eat and take a bite and walk around for a few I do better.

We were told no Drinking 20minutes before we eat and 1 hour after!!

i am six weeks out and I still get it no matter how little i eat. It seems to be worst with chicken. I notice if i dont drink for like an hour before i eat and take a bite and walk around for a few I do better.

Have you been checked for a stricture? I can eat and drink ok. I do take small bites now and keep my food moist. But at six weeks a few things should go down ok for you. Are soft or mushy foods giving you trouble? It may just be excessive swelling but you're far enough out that it should get checked.

I had my surgery in Mexico so i did not have a follow up but i am going to my PCP tomorrow and he is going to check everything out. I think a large part of my problem is gas and reflux.

When you start solids, this will get worse. My Dr told me to take a Pepcid each day and a swig of Mylanta before each meal. It helps alot. You still get the full feeling but not so painful and I don't get sick.

I had my surgery in Mexico on March 5th....at 23 days ost~op I am totally drained, truly weak. I can barely walk up my driveway from the mailbox, I try to do yoga stretching.... I was back to work in 6 days. I have been taking liquid Vitamin B12 for 2 weeks , but just started a liguid, organic whole foods whammy of Vitamins today, that hopefully will give me some nutrition. I have never been able to get down anymore than 6 cups of Water daily...pre~surgery water was my favorite beverage...I used to easily drink 10 to 12 cups a day, but now it gives me heartburn, just like anything else I eat...I ate a scrambled egg, it was tolerated sorta ok, and I eat oatmeal...it still give me heartburn but not as bad as it could be...I hate Protein Drinks, they ALL makes me sick with heartburn and they tates like crap...OH! and whats with this feeling like everything I consume is stuck in my throat? I am constanly STARVING, it seems to comfort me when I watch the food network...HA!!....anyways, the heart burn is CONSTANT!!! I drink pepto and use gasx strips, ALL THE TIME!!! will I ever be able to eat something and feel satisfied and content? I am down 24 pounds and stoked about that!!! I figure if I wasnt complaining about heartburn and gas...I would be complaing about feeling sick over that 6 pack of rasberry filled donuts and a bacon avacodo burger, dont forget mounds of

tator tots!!!!!!!!

I was feeling that for weeks...and each meal was followed by everything coming back up. It is MUCH better now...within the past week or two. I have learned to stop eating at the right time, I think. It has been much better this week. Eat more slowly, chew like you never have before.

When you start solids, this will get worse. My Dr told me to take a Pepcid each day and a swig of Mylanta before each meal. It helps alot. You still get the full feeling but not so painful and I don't get sick.

OMG I thought it was just me with the food Network thing! lol It really does sooth me and ironically, doesn't make me want to eat. My dirty little secret. I'm 11 weeks out and the heartburn has been KILLING me for 2 weeks now.

I may have quoted the wrong person, sorry! lol