Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

(considering) Nose job anyone?

I was wondering if anyone planned on getting a nose job or has had a nose job? I've been really looking into it and have always been insecure about how wide it is. I don't plan on getting a nose job for at least another year or 2 and the size has went down a little since I've started losing weight but I highly doubt it will ever shrink to the size that I want it to. In my culture a nose job is controversial but I'm going to do whats right for me and not worry about what anyone else thinks. Just wondering if there are others who are considering having a nose job once they reach goal. Thanks.

I want a nose job. More weight I lose, the bigger mine looks. Don't have the fluff surrounding to hide it. It's not huge, but I just don't think it is that feminine. It's a German Irish hybrid, and I'm not loving it.

My fiancé tells me I don't need one. But man do I want one.

My husband told me that I don't need one also lol. To me it's my fathers nose (wide, sorta flat, large nostrils, bulbous), the nose looks perfect on him but I'm not a 6'4 husky dude lol. I took a picture of my hair from above because I wanted to show my highlights and the thing that stood out to me the most was my large nose. A nose job does scare me because it can drastically change your look, especially if it's done wrong and I don't want the pinched look.

I had my nose done before I became overweight, it's the only thing that didn't expand when I gained the weight.

How was the recovery? I'm sure it was very difficult to breath through your nose until healed. How long for the swelling to go down?

May I ask what culture you are? I have been wanting a nose job since I was 14, but like your culture it is against mine, Im middle eastern, I want to see what it looks like after I hit my goal, but I think I still will get one in two years lol

Yes the first week was awful, I had a lot of packing so that was the worst part. For me the swelling was gone in about totally in about 10 months. I had cartilage taken from my ear to refine the tip rather than using a non autologous graft. The more intensive the work usually the swelling is longer, the average person will not notice the swelling.

My father is black and mother is cuban. I feel like it overwhelms my face and if I do get a nose job I wouldn't mention it to my family at all because then they would make assumptions like saying that I want to look white. If I do go through with getting a nose job in a couple of years, then I plan to see a plastic surgeon who specializes in ethnic nose jobs.

Dr. Singer in La Jolla performed my Rhinoplasty. I'm happy with it but do think it changed my smile a bit and my voice (singer) - not a lot maybe I'm the only one who notices. Also I was at a mid point weight wise so I've never actually seen my new nose on a normal size face. There is occasional swelling.

It is important to go to a very good surgeon. I did not have black eyes, I did not have excessing packing. He did not cut my nose so I have no scarring. I was up and around that same evening and had very little discomfort. I took the meds for a while as directed. I followed his post op directions. Much better than I ever expected. I have wondered if I would do it again and I probably would. However, I wish I would have been at a normal weight so I could see the plan/results as i imagined.

I watched this video of this girls recovery and her eyes were black and swollen. I'm not sure if her nose was packed but her after results looked great. A lot of black celebs have had nose jobs and I love the after results particularly the singer Amerie! I love how natural her nose job look. I do not want my nose to look like lil Kim, Michael Jackson, and Latoya Jackson!

Minkwinks you definently want to get a surgeon, that has worked on people of all ethnicities. My surgeon was the Chief of Plastic Surgery. I am also multi ethnic Afro Caribbean/Caucasian, my father was PISSED (but it wasn't his nose or his choice) I wanted to keep my ethnic features just tone it down and narrow it out. I didn't want the Janet/Michael Jackson look. I am very pleased with the results. Dad, not so much