Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone used Cincinnati Weight Loss Center?

Good Afternoon,

Has anyone had their procedure done at the Cincinnati Weight Loss Center

in Cincy, Ohio with either Dr. Brad M. Watkins or Dr. Brad Osborne? I am

considering have the Lap Band procedure done at this facility and looking

for good and/or bad reactions from anyone.

Thanks

I went to a seminar there, and was not that excited about Dr. Osborne. First, a marketing person gave the entire program, when Dr. Osborne finally spoke, he did not even introduce himself. Don't think he has done that many bands. Anyway, I decided to go to Dr. Curry at Deconess Hospital. Seems he has done many bands, and has a great manner about him. Should be banded first week of Feb. Good luck with your decision.

I got my band done by Dr Osborne and he was very nice. I get the feeling though that I will never see him again since he didn't check me after surgery. I was feeling rather adrift after that and I havn't even had a fill yet.

Do doctors or nurses do the actual fill?

Dr. Curry does his himself. I really wished you would give him a looking into. He really is great. I wouldn't make the 10 hour round trip when there is 6 surgeons that would do mine here locally if I didn't know how great Dr. Curry is.

I have one year of free fills with cincy weight loss, after that if I am dissatisfied, I'll be calling Dr. C. I was upset with cincy weight loss that although I'm allergic to codeine, they gave me a Rx for a pain med after surgery that was contraindicated for someone with a codeine allergy. So there I was with no pain meds other that otc stuff. Then on my first (and only so far )appt. after surgery I only saw the nurse.

I have two words for you......

Dr. Curry.

I investigated the Cincinnati Weight-Loss Center, and found that NO INSURANCE ANYWHERE covers their procedures, because I called and asked them, and they told me so.

Also, the only testimonials I could find for them were from people in Seattle, Washington. Also, the only active license they have is in Washington, and not in Cincinnati.

So, then my investigations led me to other bariatric doctors, and I finally settled on Dr. Curry.

His selling point for me? He answered the first email I ever sent to a doctor, and he wasn't even in town when he answered it. That told me right then and there that he is a caring individual, who has checked his ego at the door.

I hope this helps.

I Have Heard Positive Things On Hear About This Dr Curry I Just Set Up An Appt For Next Week...wish Me Luck...i Hope My Insurance Pays For This....hollywood Hear I Come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I send Dr. Curry and email last Dec. 26, 2005 (not long after my surgery) at 8pm.

He responded at 10pm.

That's my kind of Doc!

Thanks to all who have replied, I will take each ones comments to heart when I make my decission on who and where to have this procedure done.

I have attended a seminar with Ciny weight loss and there was someone else who spoke of the facility, Dr. Osborne was not present. I do have an appointment with Dr. Curry on the 16th, I am excited to meet him. I have heard great things about this guy. Seems to be great with people.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Take Care.