Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January sleevers......what's your weight loss so far?

Sleeved 1/15 down 53lbs today

Sleeved Jan 28 & down 42 pounds. I am happy I see the inches I have lost...my dress size gone from 20 to 14. Been having to shop last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Wow. 99% of everyone is way ahead of me. I knew id e a slow loser but now im thinking this isnt working for me. Sleeved 1/7 down 38 pounds. I started at 263. Ive been between 228 and 224 for weeks now. Im just so confused. I barely get in 1000 cal a day , how am i not losing?? I was eating like 2500 pre surg and not gaining. That was just maintaining. And no, have not lost inches in weeks. Time to cut carbs.. Again!!

Wow. 99% of everyone is way ahead of me. I knew id e a slow loser but now im thinking this isnt working for me. Sleeved 1/7 down 38 pounds. I started at 263. Ive been between 228 and 224 for weeks now. Im just so confused. I barely get in 1000 cal a day ' date=' how am i not losing?? I was eating like 2500 pre surg and not gaining. That was just maintaining. And no, have not lost inches in weeks. Time to cut carbs.. Again!![/quote']

You and I are almost identical for post surgery loss. I've also lost 38lbs and was sleeved 1/9. I started out at 268 but lost 40lbs before surgery so I'm sitting at 190 right now. Been stalled for about 2 weeks till yesterday. Finally started to see a little bit of a loss. I seem to be eating less than I could eat a month ago. Like my sleeve has decided to be finicky. As long as I see some movement though I'm happy. Stalls are tough. I agree, though. Maybe time to start cracking down on the carbs.

Wow. 99% of everyone is way ahead of me. I knew id e a slow loser but now im thinking this isnt working for me. Sleeved 1/7 down 38 pounds. I started at 263. Ive been between 228 and 224 for weeks now. Im just so confused. I barely get in 1000 cal a day , how am i not losing?? I was eating like 2500 pre surg and not gaining. That was just maintaining. And no, have not lost inches in weeks. Time to cut carbs.. Again!!

Dont feel like typing out a long reply so I am going to copy and paste a reply I wrote a few days ago in another thread...

Actually there is and its pretty simple; eat at a caloric deficit and you will lose weight. If you are not losing it means your metabolism has taken a beating, your BMR and your RMR has lowered down probably into the low 1000 calories. Overtime you have went from eating very few calories, 500-600 1month postop, with a BMR close to 3000cal per day to around 1000cal at 5 months postop and your BMR has dropped down to around 1200cal, thus why you are not losing. Your not losing because you are eating at a very small caloric deficit each day. The above figures have you losing at 1month postop, 5lbs per week. The above figures also show losing only 1lbs every 17days, 5 months postop. Those numbers are just examples but I bet they are pretty close to whats going on with members who are not losing.

People talk about breaking stalls by eating more. It works because they eat more for a couple days. Their metabolism picks up increasing their BMR and RSR. They go back to eating as usual and lose a few pounds because of their increased metabolism/caloric deficit. Its easy to say I broke my stall because I upped my calories but its much more important to your overall success to understand why/how you broke the stall.

Members who are losing quickly are going above and beyond what your doctors minimum requirements are. They are researching and implementing techniques to lose quicker, finding out what works for them and how their body responds to certain practices . 50g of Protein might be what your DR prescribed but thats really not a lot. 64oz of Water might be whats recommended but most members losing quickly will drink 64oz of water during their daily workout... its not really a lot of water. You DR tells you to start walking, why not hit the gym and lift weights a couple times a week... how about 15+miles of walking/jogging/running per week? Walking around your block for a half hour 3 times per week might burn 400 calories all week long. Thats roughly 1600 calories a month... not even half a pound loss. Get on an elliptical for 45mins at a steady pace for 45mins every day and thats 600+calories a day, 18000 per month and over 5lbs loss.

Tweak your diets and change it up from time to time. Challenge and push yourself in the gym. Work hard towards a decent size caloric deficit and you will lose weight. Its plain and simple. You can make every excuse in the book but if your not losing it simply means you are not eating at a caloric deficit. If you think you should be losing because of the 800 calories your eating daily, it means your metabolism is shot and you need to figure out a way to increase your BMR and RMR.

update...down 54 lbs from surgery date of 1/21/13 64 lbs in total..had to share my

big drop of 9 lbs in the last week....:)

update...down 54 lbs from surgery date of 1/21/13 64 lbs in total..had to share my

Thats great! Congratulations!

We have the same date numbers off by one point 1/21/13 55 pounds lost 65 in total I haven't lost in a week

he two weeks prior to the big drop we're 2 lbs.....and then boom, huge loss. i am happy with weight loss. e boni....almost to a t!

Thanks talee:)

Update* sleeved jan 17th down 53 pounds. Started @340. Current weight 287 goal weight 175