Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't take pain meds... I remember having the body aches in the hospital and a few days out from the gas' date=' but this is muscle ache on the left shoulder and gland pain .. Gland pain as is a sore throat was coming on.. I don't know. It's odd. I hope it's not a minor leak.. I was sleeved March 12th so why would I have gas coming out now?[/quote']

I thought the same thing...like why am I just now having this horrible gas pain 2 weeks post op? I just spoke to a dr in my hospital & he said all the GasX & all the products containing simethicone won't help since its in the abdominal cavity & not in the intestines or stomach. That it will just have to work itself out with time....ugh!

Ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhh!!! I'm back!!! Wooooot woooot! Ok so an update for those that care... Pain.. Gone! Depression.. Gone! Crazy blah post op crap.. Gone!!! Annnnd to top it off my doc said screw the puréed foods... Approved me for soft foods and said my teeth are natural purée masters hahaha I'm not weighing myself til my next appt Monday... At the two weeks appt I had lost 22 lbs.. (Sleeved March 13th) Still having a wee problem getting the Protein in but I like Cytosport whey isolate in tangerine and watermelon... When I mix half Water Annnnnd loving the crystal lite peach tea... Now on the search for the unflavored nectar... Heard that didn't leave a chalky after-taste and doing research on others ... I'll say this... I know where you are and how you are all feeling being down and out ... It is only temporary!!! Life gets better very soon!!! It's not doomsday forever... We got this! Put one step in front o the other and one day you will look up and realize you just did a marathon! One day very soon you will get off that elevator!!! Breathe! Take it slow and ask for help when you need it... Work itttttttt! I'm so back!! Lets go on a walk... Whew! Ok Focker OUT!

Ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhh!!! I'm back!!! Wooooot woooot! Ok so an update for those that care... Pain.. Gone! Depression.. Gone! Crazy blah post op crap.. Gone!!! Annnnd to top it off my doc said screw the puréed foods... Approved me for soft foods and said my teeth are natural purée masters hahaha I'm not weighing myself til my next appt Monday... At the two weeks appt I had lost 22 lbs.. (Sleeved March 13th) Still having a wee problem getting the Protein in but I like Cytosport whey isolate in tangerine and watermelon... When I mix half Water Annnnnd loving the crystal lite peach tea... Now on the search for the unflavored nectar... Heard that didn't leave a chalky after-taste and doing research on others ... I'll say this... I know where you are and how you are all feeling being down and out ... It is only temporary!!! Life gets better very soon!!! It's not doomsday forever... We got this! Put one step in front o the other and one day you will look up and realize you just did a marathon! One day very soon you will get off that elevator!!! Breathe! Take it slow and ask for help when you need it... Work itttttttt! I'm so back!! Lets go on a walk... Whew! Ok Focker OUT!

Can I have some of what you got? Lol You're my same date sleeve sista! I'm afraid to even look at the scale so I decided not to for a few weeks...like only 1x a month or I know I'll get bummed out. Praise the Lord at your amazing attitude! Keep it up and best of luck in ur continued success!

My lunch:

It's so not super healthy, but my NUT said it was fine as long as I limit to one 3oz serving per day. I did substitute half & half for cream and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter for the unsalted butter.

Ingredients

1 C. flour

1/4 lb. unsalted butter

2 1/2 quarts chicken stock

2 quarts heavy cream

1/2 lb. Brie cheese, peeled and cubed

1/2 Tbs. white pepper

1/4 tsp. red pepper

1 lb. lump crabmeat

Directions

To make the roux, melt butter and add flour, stir until well combined. Cook roux to desired color. Remove roux and allow to cool to room temperature. (A lighter color roux yields a lighter color soup.)

Bring stock to cooking temperature and slowly add cream. Stir until fully combined. Reduce by 10%. Add the roux and stir gently to combine. Bring to a gentle boil; this will develop the roux. Reduce the temperature of the kettle when it begins to boil. Watch that it doesn't boil over. When thickened, add cheese and stir until fully melted. Texture should be smooth and well combined. Season with peppers and salt to taste. Gently fold in crabmeat.

Purée/Blend the hell outdo it for those still on full liquids like myself! I also added unflavored Protein to my individual serving.

Yield: 10-12 generous servings. (For us, probably about 30 servings, lol!) It does freeze well. I am freezing mine in 4oz RubberMade containers, and taking the extras to a friend with a new baby.)

Back from Dr My liver function is up but they are seeing if its cause i lost so much blood during surgery my levels had dropped so bad was close to needing blood transfusion And now my blood level is 1 away from normal so that's coming back so blood draw again Monday and to see him after

I care! we were sleeved the same day! :) I'm glad you're pain is gone!!! I am just not starting to feel a bit blaahhhh! I cannot get the right amount of protien in! I really just feel like I am doing everything wrong. Idk why! Hope to be over this quick! But glad you are doing well!!!!

I just learned the limits of my sleeve with full Soup. Holy Mother, pray for me, because OW! Four spoonfuls. Seriously. And they weren't even really full!

I was sleeved on March 26th. Stayed 2 days in the hospital, but was off IV Fluid the second day. I still have a drain that will come out the week after surgery dr appt. Im getting most of everything in. Basicall when I wake up its a 8 oz cup of skim milk with nectar protien powder and some Jello. Then lunch consists of Tomato or cheddar cheese Soup and a sugar free pudding. Then dinner is pretty much a protien drink. Sipping Water all through the day. Gas is still a problem but I eat real slow and walk afterwards and it goes away.

I was sleeved March 11. I am still the same weight I was one week after surgery. I am really discouraged. Before surgery I lost 10 pounds and after another 7 and since then, nothing!! You would think two weeks later I would have lost something. I am watching my food intake and posting on my fitness pal, I'm doing the Water as well. I am really scared! Will the scale ever start moving?

Sleeved on march 26th. Feeling better then expected. It still blows my mind how much walking and drinking your fluids actually helps! My incisions are still sore, and I can't sit for too long without feeling uncomfortable.. But my Fluid intake has been awesome! I sip different Clear Liquids all day. Mostly Water, nectar Protein and broth when I feel up to it. If I get the craving to want to just CHEW something I do have a sugar free Popsicle. I love reading all of y'all's post. Very encouraging!

Sleeved on 3/26 - had to stay an extra night in the hospital because I couldn't get liquids down without major spasms, and the Glucerna shakes they gave me i just couldn't tolerate. I've been home for 2 days now - finally got an entire Protein Drink in yesterday, but it took me almost all day. I used the nectar vanilla Bean Torte flavor mixed with Water. Can't do the milk based stuff yet. Other than that, just tea, water, crystal lite, and Popsicles trying to get my fluids in. Doc told me to worry more about fluids than Protein at first. Thankfully I only gained about 2 pounds post-op, and I've lost that plus another 2 since I came home (as of yesterday). I didn't have to do a pre-op diet like most of you did, and I didn't come home with a drain. I'm on liquids only (no puréed food or anything) until my 3 week post-op appt on 4/12. I've been finding that having tea or something warm first helps with the spasms. I'm going to call on Monday if they don't start getting better. It may still be gas pain...who knows! At least I feel better than I did!! Thanks to everyone who has posted for helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

Hello, I am new to this site. I am almost 4 weeks post op and have not lost any weight in a week. I am eating what is suggested by my doctor and I started my workout routine. Has anyone experienced this? I'm very frustrated and hoping its because I am doing weight training.

I was thinking the same thing