Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Make sure you are not constipated too first. When I let it happen I was in 10 times the normal pain because of the pressure it put on surgery areas. Once it was out(sorry for being graphic) I felt A LOT better.

Def not constipated! Got some gas drops they make for children that was recommended by a nurse friend but its same ingredient as my GasX strips so not sure how it will help but i'll try anything. At home now, puppy got out, had to run all over neighborhood trying to catch her, my electrotherapy lead came off my back & was dragging in the dirt (pulled back out a week ago) & the a/c guy working on the house next door ended up catching my dog and noticed I had something hanging... a little comical moment. Good grief! I need a stiff drink! Lol

I had the procedure done on March 18. I'm feeling good with the exception of hating the Protein shakes--having a hard time getting in my protein intake. Looking forward to the next steps...any suggestions on how to get protein without those damn shakes!

I was sleeved on the 6th and like you had an amazingly easy surgery and recovery. I am 3 weeks out as of today. I am still on liquids till tomorrow then I can have soft foods. I have felt great most days but then I get one that I just feel wiped! I'll sleep late, take a nap and still be in bed early. I don't get it but must be my body telling me to slow down a bit. I am most days walking about 3 miles divided in two walks. I would say just listen to your body and take it easy when you feel like this. I can't speak to the nausea though. I'm not sure why that would happen unless you are introducing new foods?

Thanks. I think you are right. I went home, took a nap for a few hours, then went to bed at my normal time. I feel 1000% better today.

Had my 2 week post op apt today, Was sleeved on the 12th. I thought my weight loss was going fine before I went in but burst in to tears after the apt in the car because doctors MA said I should of lost more than 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks and it should be a pound a day for the next couple of weeks too. I have lost a total of 20 pounds including post op diet so far. I am still on the liquid diet for another week. I drink plenty of Water and two 30gram Protein shakes a day. This emotional roller-coaster is hard and there are days I can move well and the next I hurt and just want to sleep(luckily all kids are in school and I can). I have never been one to get nausea or throw up even when I was pregnant now it happens at a drop of a hat. Certain smells will really hit me hard and I want to puke. Have puked several times on top of this. Any one else told this about lost weight. It made me feel awful with every thing have I gone thru to do this surgery. bodyweight.png?ts=1364450256

I am sorry that happened to you. I only had a one-week post op appointment, but my doctor did not even look at my weight. I asked him about it and he said the first few weeks don't count because of Water weight, etc. He said my 6 week appointment with the nutritionist is when they will want to see progress.

I had the procedure done on March 18. I'm feeling good with the exception of hating the Protein shakes--having a hard time getting in my Protein intake. Looking forward to the next steps...any suggestions on how to get protein without those damn shakes!

Hey Melinda,

Try the Isopure drinks. 20 oz bottle has 40 grams of protien. It's considered clear liquid and goes down easier then the shakes at this point. They were and still are my saving grace. With one of those puppies per day usually over 80 grams of protein a day and it really, really helps with the healing process!

Good luck!

Thanks. I think you are right. I went home, took a nap for a few hours, then went to bed at my normal time. I feel 1000% better today.

So glad you are feeling better today! Every day I am more and more thankful I was able to do this for myself!

Ugh things were going good til i noticed the whites of my eyes are yellowish called Dr. went for stat lab work and see them tomorrow :(

So im 2 1/2 weeks post op an im experiencing left shoulder pain and left throat/gland pain all of the sudden, now i read in wls surger for dummies book if you experience shoulder pain when you leave the hospital to call your surgeon right away?! Do anybody know why or what this is?

So im 2 1/2 weeks post op an im experiencing left shoulder pain and left throat/gland pain all of the sudden' date=' now i read in wls surger for dummies book if you experience shoulder pain when you leave the hospital to call your surgeon right away?! Do anybody know why or what this is?[/quote']

I went to the doctor yesterday with the same pain, pain didn't show up for over a week, it's from the gas they inflate your body with through the trocar, it rises over time. Doctor stated for some depending on their obesity lever, it may take a little longer for it to rise. If you have been taking your pain meds and stopped all a sudden, that could be why...

Sleeved yesterday here in France. Doing pretty good.

was sleeved March 7th. I feel like I'm doing well. My eye sight is blurry. My incisions do burn. Gas is still working its way out. I too am a big Water drinker so its hard to just sip. I gained 10 pounds since surgery. I am going to stay off the scale till my next dr.s appoint. It is not a good feeling to step on the scale and see that gain. But I know its just the way it is.

What is Unjury broth that everyone is talking about.

Has your weight gone down yet? I had surgery March 18th and weight still up six pounds since surgery. Hard to be optomistic.

In the losers bench ..

Congrats! Walk and sip!

Speedy recovery! :)

Congrats! Walk and sip!

Speedy recovery! :)

Thanks rough few days and not tolerating the pain very well or masking it for that matter

I went to the doctor yesterday with the same pain' date=' pain didn't show up for over a week, it's from the gas they inflate your body with through the trocar, it rises over time. Doctor stated for some depending on their obesity lever, it may take a little longer for it to rise. If you have been taking your pain meds and stopped all a sudden, that could be why...[/quote']

I didn't take pain meds... I remember having the body aches in the hospital and a few days out from the gas, but this is muscle ache on the left shoulder and gland pain .. Gland pain as is a sore throat was coming on.. I don't know. It's odd. I hope it's not a minor leak.. I was sleeved March 12th so why would I have gas coming out now?