Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my 2 week post op apt today, Was sleeved on the 12th. I thought my weight loss was going fine before I went in but burst in to tears after the apt in the car because doctors MA said I should of lost more than 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks and it should be a pound a day for the next couple of weeks too. I have lost a total of 20 pounds including post op diet so far. I am still on the liquid diet for another week. I drink plenty of Water and two 30gram Protein Shakes a day. This emotional roller-coaster is hard and there are days I can move well and the next I hurt and just want to sleep(luckily all kids are in school and I can). I have never been one to get nausea or throw up even when I was pregnant now it happens at a drop of a hat. Certain smells will really hit me hard and I want to puke. Have puked several times on top of this. Any one else told this about lost weight. It made me feel awful with every thing have I gone thru to do this surgery. bodyweight.png?ts=1364450256

Anyone around 2 wks post op experiencing sharp or constant pain in upper right quadrant of abdomen? I mean isn't that the liver and gall bladder? Or kidneys? Kidneys are in back right? Help if you know... Think Ill call the doc tomorrow...

I was having a sharp pain on my left side same area. Was also sleeved the 13th. I literally thought I broke a rib or something. It was brutal for almost three days. It has since gone away. I have nooooo idea what it was! It's not like I started passing gas uncontrollably or anything... It just left. LoL sorry I'm not much of a help but maybe it'll go away like me?! Def call doc. I am absolutely no medical professional lol and I prob should have called too.

I was having a sharp pain on my left side same area. Was also sleeved the 13th. I literally thought I broke a rib or something. It was brutal for almost three days. It has since gone away. I have nooooo idea what it was! It's not like I started passing gas uncontrollably or anything... It just left. LoL sorry I'm not much of a help but maybe it'll go away like me?! Def call doc. I am absolutely no medical professional lol and I prob should have called too.

Im having intense sharp cramp like pain in left side for 4 days now..omg...if I sneeze or yawn or hiccup I want to die its so painful! Just deep breathing is hard to do. Wrote dr for suggestions other than Gas X strips and walking as I don't know how to get rid of this! I had hoped mine would just go away too but it hasn't.

Yeah it hurt bad for me as well. Like I said, I really believed I broke a rib! If I coughed, took a deep breath, even turning over in bed KILLED ME!! I wasn't sure how I would have broken a rib but it was brutalllll!! It did go away though, I guess it was gas? I have no clue. I would definitely talk to doc because I know you are in pain. And if it's not going away-- I feel for you!! :( hope ya feel better soon!!

March 8 and I'm following faithfully' date=' but I've only lost 8 lbs :(. What's wrong??? 2ladies had it the same day and lost 20 lbs in one week!!! What's wrong with me???[/quote']

Everyone is different!! We all need to stop comparing ourselves to every body else!!

Great idea with the unflavored in crystal light. Unjury has an unflavored one. I got their chicken Soup one, but am planning to get the unflavored one.

Are you kidding?

I wish!

Today is day 3 for me (unless we count surgery day...?) and is even better than yesterday. I only used two half doses of pain meds yesterday. I was exhausted after a few hours of being up and moving around, but short naps help.

I even somehow slept on my stomach last night without realizing it!

JolieBug

You and I had same surgery date. I am going through it as you are, cutting back on meds, naps, I would love to sleep on my stomach. Have you moved to full liquids yet, I mean Protein Shakes, cream Soup ?

JolieBug

You and I had same surgery date. I am going through it as you are, cutting back on meds, naps, I would love to sleep on my stomach. Have you moved to full liquids yet, I mean Protein shakes, cream Soup ?

Yes, today. I managed to get 1/4 of an EAS Original Myoplex down. I will work on that each "meal" because it is thick, filling, and has 42 grams of whey Protein. I may try a cream Soup if the need for something warm hits me. I think of those to be used for cooking, so I don't know.

Yeah it hurt bad for me as well. Like I said' date=' I really believed I broke a rib! If I coughed, took a deep breath, even turning over in bed KILLED ME!! I wasn't sure how I would have broken a rib but it was brutalllll!! It did go away though, I guess it was gas? I have no clue. I would definitely talk to doc because I know you are in pain. And if it's not going away-- I feel for you!! :( hope ya feel better soon!![/quote']

Thanks! I hope it goes away too. It's hard being at work like this...should have taken another week off! Grrr...hoping to hear back from the dr quickly...i just dont know what else to do! I'm actually going home...not too productive today anyway. Omg I just sneezed...good thing I work at a hospital.

Aww!! Yeah I took two and a half weeks off. Was initially gonna do one week and 2 days but like the week before my surgery date I had this crazyyy day at work and I was like "I can't imagine coming back here in like a week and it being crazy like this" so I was like uh ill need another week. And I am SOO glad I did! The dr office said they'd sign for up to four weeks. I go back Monday and I wishing I would have agreed to that four weeks! lol oh well.

Just relax. My pain just went away one afternoon. Maybe you just need to lay and be a bum for the rest of the day ;)

I'm jealous! I'm a teacher so had the surgery the first day of our week-long spring break. I have to go back Tuesday and can't imagine taking off a week. I'd love to fully recoup before returning to my students!

Thanks! I hope it goes away too. It's hard being at work like this...should have taken another week off! Grrr...hoping to hear back from the dr quickly...i just dont know what else to do! I'm actually going home...not too productive today anyway. Omg I just sneezed...good thing I work at a hospital.

Make sure you are not constipated too first. When I let it happen I was in 10 times the normal pain because of the pressure it put on surgery areas. Once it was out(sorry for being graphic) I felt A LOT better.