Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 80 pounds down and 4 months out. My problem is that I have came to a point of the only thing that even remotely feels good to my stomach is junk food...I do eat Greek yogurt for the Protein with Peanut Butter in it, an I do eat beef Jerky. But aside from that no other source of protein. What can I do? I need a reset in a bad way.

By feeling good, do you mean goes down easy? Like no uncomfortable restriction?

Or is it something else?

By feeling good, do you mean goes down easy? Like no uncomfortable restriction?

Or is it something else?

that does not make my stomach hurt. I do know Protein gives more restriction than the junk. Wondering if it is more head thing than anything...ugh...my stomach just aches on any other food than what was listed above.

It might be a head thing

I'm almost for months out and I know that eating is an uncomfortable experience... Except for those few times I've had some junk food (cake a cookie and a few chips)

The junk went down nice!

But we know what happens with that....

We have to just eat the Protein and be "full"

It's cruel really, I know that these other foods stay down nicely. But we have to do what we have to do!

At some point maybe I'll trust myself for more balance.. But right now I now am still addicted easily.

By the way great weight loss, you should be proud!!

It might be a head thing

I'm almost for months out and I know that eating is an uncomfortable experience... Except for those few times I've had some junk food (cake a cookie and a few chips)

The junk went down nice!

But we know what happens with that....

We have to just eat the Protein and be "full"

It's cruel really, I know that these other foods stay down nicely. But we have to do what we have to do!

At some point maybe I'll trust myself for more balance.. But right now I now am still addicted easily.

By the way great weight loss, you should be proud!!

Thank you for the reminder...I needed this...and yes I am super proud...I have been working hard with getting it off and also exercising...running my 2nd 5k this weekend :) and congrats to you as well!

Its a head thing try to overcome it you have to focus on healthy foods

I have read on the boards of some people doing a mini restart for their sleeve...doing 1 day of Water, 2 days of Protein shakes & then on to other foods. I think lets your sleeve rest & reset a little bit. I also have a hard time getting in my Protein, but that is because I am a vegetarian. I too have a greak yogurt every day. Instead of regular Peanut Butter I use PB2. It is a powdered Peanut Butter that has 85% less fat & calories than peanut butter but a full 5 grams of protein. I also use the PB2 in a shake that I make with almond milk, chocolate Protein powder, frozen banana & PB2. It is so delicious with lots of protein that doesn't taste like a Protein Shake. Another good tip I got from my NUT is eating lightly salted edamame (roasted soy beans). You only need 70 eat 1/4 of a cup for a full 14 grams of protein. Low fat string cheese too. So my average menu looks something like this for protein:

Breakfast: 1 cup almond milk 2g

1 scoop Protein Powder 15g

2 tbsp. PB2 5g

Lunch: Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt 16g

2tbsp. PB2 5g

Snack: 1/4 cup edamame 14g

Dinner: Veggies - no protein

Snack: 2 Polly-O sting cheese 2% 16g

That menu is a total of 73 grams of protein with absolutely no meat, very little carbs or sodium. My NUT is looking for 60-70 g of protein per day. Everything I have eaten, she has approved. Even when the day comes to 73 she said it's okay, but not to push it too much higher.

I don't eat the exact same thing every day. Sometimes, for example, I substitute carrots & roasted red pepper hummus for the string cheese. That gives me 61 g per day.

I know that this a long reply, but I am hoping that maybe even 1 of these things might help. I think that they are all fairly easy on the stomach & also for digestion. meat is much harder to break down.

You are doing awesome with your loss so far! Congratulations. :)

that does not make my stomach hurt. I do know Protein gives more restriction than the junk. Wondering if it is more head thing than anything...ugh...my stomach just aches on any other food than what was listed above.

Dense Proteins hit me like a lead weight if I don't take REALLY small bites and chew the daylights out of them before swallowing. It takes a pretty conscious effort to keep it up and every once in a while I slip and it sure lets me know in a hurry.

Thank you for the reminder...I needed this...and yes I am super proud...I have been working hard with getting it off and also exercising...running my 2nd 5k this weekend :) and congrats to you as well!

Awesome on the running!! I don't think I could run a block, even if an axe murderer were after me! :P

Oh and I still drink a premier Protein shake every morning for Breakfast :)

The sentence about edamame should say you only need to eat 1/4 of a cup. Not 70! lol! 1/4 of a cup is small. It's nice because they are crunchy & salty but don't sit heavy in my sleeve. I did try to eat meat once since I was sleeved. I cut it really small, chewed really well, ate slowly & 3 hours later threw up. Meat is just too hard on my system. As you can see from my 1st post you can meet your NUT guidelines no problem with gentle & yummy food!

I am 5 months out today and have lost 97 pounds. Like you said, Protein doesn't feel good however I eat a ton of homemade Soups that I put a ton of meat in....my favorite is Italian Wedding Soup. I put a ton of chicken meatballs, spinach or escarole and chicken broth. It goes down great and taste yummy. Sprinkle with parmigiana cheese right before you eat it. I don't put any Pasta and I don't miss it a bit. Also I make beef veggie soup and cut the meat really tiny. Try it!!!!! Great job on your weight lose, obviously your doing something right.

Awesome on the running!! I don't think I could run a block, even if an axe murderer were after me! :P

Oh and I still drink a Premier Protein shake every morning for Breakfast :)

I just had to laugh when I saw your reply, Laura. I don't remember what we were watching on TV, but I looked at my BF & said, "I'm in big trouble if I ever needed to run for my life". LOL. Soon maybe we can. My boyfriends sister lost close to 100 lbs on her own. She just started running & doing 5ks. Her husband is a Triathelete & just did The Ironman in Arizona in November. Once my weight goes down a little more I won't have much choice but to run. The two of them are already planning at what date they thing they might get me ready for my first 5k! Yikes! :o

Gosh, i eat mostly high Protein up to this day. I had difficulties with dense protiens like steak. It took some time to adjust, but I did. But I still don't like really dry dense proteins.......So I don't eat them..... I prefer rib eye steak over prime rib. :) But I have to limit it. Now I don't like the rib eye from the regular section, I have to have organic rib eye that's grass fed....I'm getting so spoiled these days. :)

I'm almost 4 months out, and added a Protein Shake. I want to see if I can walk a 5 k in the summer/not sure I can run because of knee replacement. I don't like Greek yogart but use it in place of the cold Water when I make Jello as a jellow mousse. Can get it down then. Make some roasted chickpeas that are cooling now, and am working on Protein balls that I saw on the recipes. Will see what happens to add some variety. Great weight loss!! I don't eat the slider foods as they would be a problem for me.