Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being Sleeved tomorrow and scared!

Tomorrow is my surgery day and I am having such a hard time today. I am so scared I won't be able to go through this. I know I need this surgery but afraid of all the restriction. I've been on a preop diet for 10 days now and I lost 13 pounds which is great but I miss eating. Im moody depressed and scared. I've been wanting this for months now. Another thing is I don't want to lose 100 lbs. I will be happy with 70. With this surgery who know but if I lose 100 lbs I will look like a skeleton. I am currently 216 BMI 38. I have so many Heath issues and this will make them disappear with time. Pls convince me I'm doing the right thing.

Your thoughts are very well appreciated.

Why? Whats wrong? You're gonna do great! I suggest you read some uplifting stories on here to remind you why you scheduled it in the first place! Good luck, prayers are with you!

Sometimes I feel like I'm taking the easy way out but i don't think this is easy at all. I've tried every diet on earth and some worked but then after a while I would gain it back and then some. I've been playing the role of a yoyo for years. The happiness lasts for such a short time. I'm scared because of all the restriction. Scared I'm gonna be the one not being able to eat anything and will be stuck on liquids for the rest of my life. Idk I'm thinking to much today...

My nerves are getting to me, I just booked my airline tickets. I understand completely what you are saying, but yes keep in mind why you are doing this. I remember when I had my daughter, they called me in for my c-section, i was crying saying I cant do this, i cant do this, but as soon as that little girl came out 15 minutes later, I was in heaven.....

Keep your head up, before you know it you will be done and ready for your new lease on life. Also, I have some friends that have had this procedure done. They both say that the restriction does not bother them, as they are not hungry like they use to be.

I haved tried everything possible to lose weight nothing worked long term. I am tired of being fat and I am willing to do what I need to do to. If this is what I need to do to be healthy and sexy again so be it. :)

I had the same nerves and feelings, but this is actually harder than any easy way out! This is an entire life change that you are forcing upon yourself for health, for yourself and for your life! I started thinking that way and guess what happened...the pain in my back got worse! My hips and knees began hurting as if I were being told I NEED this surgery. Its not an option. Stay focused and know it is NOT the easy way out.

sleeping beauty" data-cite="sleeping beauty" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1361715063" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="241031" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic">

Sometimes I feel like I'm taking the easy way out but i don't think this is easy at all. I've tried every diet on earth and some worked but then after a while I would gain it back and then some. I've been playing the role of a yoyo for years. The happiness lasts for such a short time. I'm scared because of all the restriction. Scared I'm gonna be the one not being able to eat anything and will be stuck on liquids for the rest of my life. Idk I'm thinking to much today...

Nobody does this as the easy way out. If you think that taking out most of your stomach is the easy way out, you need a better perspective on what's easy :P You'll be able to eat again and you'll adapt to restriction just like everyone else. Are there times when you'll miss being able to go pig out at the Chinese buffet all afternoon? Well, that might just be me, but we've all got a complicated relationship with food. The sleeve gave me the ability to deal with those issues in a better way. This surgery changed my relationship with food, forcibly for the better. Just go over the things you're going to gain by doing this and reassure yourself that no matter what decision you make, you're acting in your own best interest.

It's natural to be scared of the unknown. Just take it one day at a time. I was not scared or nervous at all. It was after i woke up from the anesthesia that I thought, what have I done to myself. I only felt this way because of the pain I felt with one of my stitches and the grogginess in my head. Once that was cleared up, I was able to think better and that this will work. I am able to get in at least 6 cups of liquid each day. I just keep sippiing little bits at a time and before you know it, you'll have all your fluids in. There's no pain when I sip my fluids so my stomach is feeling ok. Only pain from one incision, but I've learned how to move with it to cause the least bit of discomfort.

It'll be all worth it. Think about the great gift you are giving yourself for a healthier you! Good luck with your surgery and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Remember positive thinking!

I'm 4 months post op and wouldn't change my decision at all. I do feel restriction but can eat anything. It's a scary place to be pre op but I would do it again in a second. My high blood pressure and pre-diabetes have cleared. I'm down 43 lbs and am the smallest I've ever been as an adult. Prior to surgery I focused on my health. This is a tool that will help where not getting it ensures that our health will continue to deteriorate. Focus on the positive outcomes and you will do great. Good luck!

post-43529-13813663386719_thumb.jpg

I'm right there with you sleeping beauty. I'm scheduled for tomorrow too and sometimes it's all I can do not to panic. Just breathe deep and take it one moment at a time and remember all the reasons you chose this surgery. Nothing you've done to get to this point has been easy so you're definitely not taking the easy way out. You're making the right decision for you and your health and I know you're going to rock your sleeve. Good luck tomorrow! I'll be praying for all of us 25th sleevers.

Totally agree with this post. I am schedule for 2/27. I have been doing preop diet for 12 days now And had no cheats. I am so excited about surgery and a new outlook in food but yesterday was hard thinking that I won't be able to pig out again even just on a while hoagie. But that is the same exact reason I am doing this. Because me and food, we need a break up.

The changes and positive things with this outweigh the fact that I can't stuff my face anymore.

Good luck to everyone the next few days. We will check on the other side.

Thank you all for your support. Love hearing the positive outcome as I am such a negative person. I need to change that too. I really appreciate all the comments. I'm feeling much calmer and glad that if I have any questions I can count on asking on the forum. I'm new to this website and I love it. Everyone is so helpful. I hope someday I can help and tell my experience to a newbie.

February sleevers good luck and keep in touch. Looking forward to hear from you all. Again thank you all.