Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alabama bandster

Thanks Crabcake,

That is the Vanguard band. How are you doing with the fills? It took me a very long time to get into the restriction range. Hope you are there now but if not how long does his office make you wait in between fills?

I really would appreciate knowing the answer to that last question. Thanks in advance.

I had a problem w/ my first fill. I was feeling pretty restricted, but Lisa (fill nurse) thought .5 cc's would work ok. It didn't. I was pb'ing left and right. So, 3 weeks later I went back in and had .25 cc's removed. Then 2 weeks after that when my regular fill was scheduled, I had it put back. I waited another 5 weeks and went in and had another .5 added for a total of 1.0 cc's. That's where I am now and am doing well w/ it. As you can see, I've been going in every 5 weeks. Usually they tell you to reschedule for 5-6 weeks ahead for your next fill.

I'm at a good place right now, but it's only been a couple of weeks. I've found that my body takes a couple of weeks to adjust to the fills. By the time I go back, I may be ready for another, or not. I'm losing very slowly, although more so since my last fill. I'm trying to use the band to learn to eat 'normally' (whatever that is!). I'm not 'dieting' per se, but am trying to eat the Protein first, then veggies and then fruits. I just ordered a GI diet cookbook. That really works best for me, although I'm not religious about following it. Basically, I'm just tired of rushing from one diet trend to the next and want to learn how to eat healthily.

Too, I haven't been exercising until a couple of weeks ago. I'm a member of Curves, but haven't been able to go during the summer because we only take half hour lunches. We have a pool, but it's in the shade and our heater has been on the blitz lately. However, with these 100 plus temps we've been having, I've started swimming w/out the heater on! I'm hoping to get that fixed tomorrow (but hey, I thought it was fixed last week! :tired) and I pray we have a mild fall and winter. Maybe that way I can make up for some lost time. Either way, I think I'm going to join the Y so I can use their indoor pool.

Boy, I bet that's more than you wanted to know!

Anyway, if I can answer anymore of your questions, please feel free to email me.

I have to say I'm happy w/ my band experience so far and don't regret a bit of it even though I haven't dropped a lot of weight. Dr. Schmitt told me to look at 2 years and since I've been hauling this blubber butt around for 50+, 2 seems like nothing. Especially if I learn to eat normally!

<p>Hi All,</p> <p></p> <p>I just got scheduled for my surgery. It is 9/20/07. I am looking forward to it. I am using Dr. John Touliatos with Advanced Surgeons pc. I start my pre op diet tomorrow. It looks like everything is finally coming together.</p> <p></p> <p>Keith</p>

Keith,

I was banded by Dr. T. on May 31. I have had a couple of fills and have lost about 38lbs. You know how scales are every once and awhile it says -40. It really doesn't matter because I feel so much better already. I have had NO problems at all with the surgery and Dr. T. has been wonderful. Hope all goes well.

Betty

Hey, everybody! I'm Brooke from florence, Alabama. I was banded in San Antonio, TX at the SA Weightloss Center May 15,2007. Having my band done out of state was a great decision. I didn't have to do any waiting list, I got financing from capital one, and the cost of my procedure was only 12,000. My Dr. was Jorge Rincon. If any of you Alabamians want to chat or have questions, let me know!! Good luck to you all!

weight.png

Hi All, I am 2 days away from my banding 9/20/07. I'm just waiting to wake up and them to say it’s done. I've got a question. I live alone. Would you stay the night in the hospital or go home? It doesn’t change the price and no one would think they had to take care of me. I am kind of leaning in the direction of staying the night.

Thanks, Keith

Hi All, I am 2 days away from my banding 9/20/07. I'm just waiting to wake up and them to say it’s done. I've got a question. I live alone. Would you stay the night in the hospital or go home? It doesn’t change the price and no one would think they had to take care of me. I am kind of leaning in the direction of staying the night.

Thanks, Keith

Keith, I know you're excited! If you don't have someone to stay the night w/ you, I'd definitely stay at the hospital. After all, this is surgery and complications could happen (we know they won't though!). Let us hear from you when all is done.

Best of luck!:whoo:

Hi Crabcake,

Thanks for the offer it was so nice of you. My mom or daughter would stay but I'm trying not to put them out. I just figured if I stayed at the hospital I would not need anyone. I was just wondering what folks that had been through it, thought. Would I be better off to stay 1 night.

Thanks, Keith

Hi Crabcake,

Thanks for the offer it was so nice of you.

Thanks, Keith

Hmmm...oh dear, you must think me horribly forward! :faint:

But, I didn't mean "I" would stay w/ you...rather if I were you and didn't have someone to stay w/ me, I think I'd choose to stay at the hospital the extra night. Of course, for a fee, I might do it!!! ;)

Sorry for the confusion!

Best of luck!

Hi All,

Banddate +1 and all went well. No complications and I was walking the floors by noon. Dr T. was great the whole staff was amazing. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. The thing that hurt the worst was trying to get into and out of the bed. I found that if I stayed in the recliner it was much easier to get up and down. Let someone else have the bed. Sticking to the preop diet made a lot of difference according to Dr T.. No crabcake I didn’t think it was forward, I thought it was a nice gesture of you, thank you. Bboop thanks for the well wishes, I think they helped.

TTFN, Keith

I found that if I stayed in the recliner it was much easier to get up and down.

Keith, I'm glad to hear things went so well...even if I wasn't there to nurse you! :embarassed:

I had the same experience w/ the recliner. In fact, our bed sits a little low, so I ended up sleeping in the recliner at home for almost 3 weeks.

Walk, walk, walk...it really helps!

Hey guys!

I'm sorry I don't check here often, I guess since there's not a whole lot of activity.

I ended up having a flipped port, so none of my fills were going in!!

I had revision surgery in Sept (by my original Surgeon, Dr. Freeman) and now I have great restriction.. but now I'm plateauing.. GAH!! With so much weight still left to go, I hate the idea of plateauing.

Hope everyone is doing great!!!

Hello! I am from huntsville. I am pre-op. I am trying to jump start my 6 mo diet. Hopefully that will fly by. I going to use Dr. Mailapur. Does anyone here have bcbs and did they cover the lapband?

I went to Auburn for a semester! ROFL.

I was 17, and there was sooo much drama and partying in my dorm.. and then Sept. 11 happened and I dropped out to move back home. I was really silly then.