Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I didn't know that Protein supplements add bulk!!!!:faint:

That is the last thing I want. I have been eating cream of split pea and it has a lot of protein. I do not have a mushy stage or I'd add Beans and lentils. My husband said my face looks really thin, but I still haven't weighed. I am going to wait a little more.

Audree

Did your program give you a meal plan? Mine did. Right now, in the pureed stage, my meals are as follows: Breakfast: 1 tbsp protein, 1 tbsp starch, Lunch: 1.5 tbsp protein, 2 tbsp fruit, 2 tbsp vegetables, Dinner: 1.5 tbsp protein, 2 tbsp fruit, 2 tbsp vegetables. In between meals I am supposed to have 6 oz milk (carnation) and 4 oz fruit juice mixed with 4 oz Water.< /p>

Did your program give you a meal plan? Mine did. Right now, in the pureed stage, my meals are as follows: Breakfast: 1 tbsp Protein, 1 tbsp starch, Lunch: 1.5 tbsp protein, 2 tbsp fruit, 2 tbsp vegetables, Dinner: 1.5 tbsp protein, 2 tbsp fruit, 2 tbsp vegetables. In between meals I am supposed to have 6 oz milk (carnation) and 4 oz fruit juice mixed with 4 oz Water.< /div>

I had to have Clear Liquids for three days, add yogurt on day 4, add Protein Shake on day 6, add creamy Soups on day 7. I do not get a mushy stage. I go to solid food on day 22.

I had to have clear liquids for three days, add yogurt on day 4, add Protein Shake on day 6, add creamy Soups on day 7. I do not get a mushy stage. I go to solid food on day 22.

I got a mushy stage and I can't wait!! I've got a lot of mushy stage receipes from this site!

I got a mushy stage and I can't wait!! I've got a lot of mushy stage receipes from this site!

Hi Sheila!!

How are you doing? I am feeling really good! I don't know why I don't get a mushy stage. I get to go straight to solids on day 22, but I would love to have some blended Beans and rice or lentils!!!!

Audree

chocolate Ricotta

Two 1/4-cup servings

This high-calcium "pudding" has the benefits of cocoa and cinnamon - and the flavor of Mexico. Experiment with different brands of ricotta - they have different textures and flavors. Prep

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=310 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>[/url]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

1/2 cup lowfat ricotta cheese

2 tbsp mild honey

2 tbsp cocoa powder

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Instructions:

1. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.

2. Scoop into small dessert dishes and serve.

Nutritional Information: Per serving:

145 calories

3 g total fat (2 g sat)

11 mg cholesterol

24 g carbohydrate

10 g Protein

2 g Fiber

100 mg sodium

Italian Bean and Sardine salad

1 serving

Beans, fish, red pepper and greens - all nutritional powerhouses. Use small white beans cooked at home without salt. If you use canned, rinse the beans to remove most of the salt.

Prep time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

3/4 cup cannellini beans

1/2 cup roasted red pepper, cut in 1/2" pieces

1 cup romaine leaves, chopped in 1" pieces

1/2 can sardines

1/4 tsp dried oregano

2 tbsp Tomato Red Pepper Salad Dressing (recipe follows)

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=310 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>toss to combine. Chill until served.

Tomato Red Pepper Salad Dressing

Ingredients:

1 small (6 ounce) can of tomato paste

1 whole roasted red pepper or pimento from a jar

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

2 tablespoons Water

1 clove garlic, chopped

1 teaspoon dried basil

Nutritional Information:   Per serving:

390 calories

12 g total fat (0 g sat)

32 mg cholesterol

45 g carbohydrate

30 g protein

11 g fiber

167 mg sodium

Stuffed Mushroom Caps with Couscous

6 servings 

Couscous is a mildly nutty-tasting grain that comes from North Africa. It makes a great stuffing, especially for a small cavity like a mushroom, because it's so moist. When the stuffed mushrooms are baked, the full flavor of the couscous and the mushrooms really come through. These will go fast!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

3 shallots, chopped

1-1/2 tablespoons natural soy sauce (such as tamari)

1 cup white wine

12 medium small-capped mushrooms, washed and stems removed

1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock or purified water

1/4 cup couscous

Salt

Freshly ground pepper

2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped

1/4 cup freshly grated <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=310 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Parmesan cheese

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast for 5 minutes, just until they turn slightly more brown. Pour them into a small bowl.

Set a large sauce pan with the olive oil over low heat for less than 1 minute. Drop in the garlic and the shallots. Add the soy sauce, wine, and mushrooms and simmer covered until the mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to shake the mushrooms so that the cooking liquid falls back into the pan, then transfer the drained mushrooms to a baking dish, arranging them hollow side up. Reserve the liquid in the pan.

Cook the couscous by bringing the vegetable stock or water to a boil in a separate pot. Pour in the couscous, lower the heat, and simmer covered for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. All the liquid should be absorbed. Now, dump the couscous into the sauce pan with the reserved liquid, cover, and cook over low heat until all the liquid is absorbed.

Lightly salt and pepper the mushroom caps. Finish the stuffing by mixing the nuts, herbs, Parmesan cheese into the cooked couscous. Using a tablespoon, pile a small mound of filling inside the cap of each mushroom. Bake for 10 minutes or until the stuffing is lightly browned on top.

Nutritional Information:   Per serving:

107 calories

6 g total fat (1 g sat)

1 mg cholesterol

10 g carbohydrate

3 g protein

1 g fiber

350 mg sodium

I've been eating ricotta nearly all week. I love it. I had some tofu and broccoli tonight, not pureed; I just chewed really really well. Had no problems. Tomorrow, I am going to a food festival with my family. Who thought that was a good idea? They obviously don't like me very much.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! My good thoughts and prayers are with you!!!:clap2: good quesion!!! so far he has not mentioned it, but i do have an appointment on tuesday, so i will deffinately ask...where did you have your surgery?

Bandida, thank you SO much! I had my surgery at Hartford Hospital (Dr. Tishler). Where are you having your surgery?

Bandida, thank you SO much! I had my surgery at Hartford Hospital (Dr. Tishler). Where are you having your surgery?

wph74-Your welcome. My surgery will be at Baystate Hospital...I'm a little nervous but reading all this information helps a lot. My husband is more nervous then I am..We'll se how it goes... So, how are you feeling? How is your journey going?

I've been eating ricotta nearly all week. I love it. I had some tofu and broccoli tonight, not pureed; I just chewed really really well. Had no problems. Tomorrow, I am going to a food festival with my family. Who thought that was a good idea? They obviously don't like me very much.

I hope you are taking some canned Protein drinks!!!!:faint: Audree

Hi!!! How are you doing??? Mine was done on Jan. 5 and I am feeling really good today, post op day 9!Audree

pretty "good" - and pretty hungry. have a liquid stage that's supposed to last 2 full weeks. don't feel like i can stand it that long. have a post-op appt on wed for esophogram and then the dr's office--will ask if there's something else i can eat--at night i am RAVENOUS. have some slight burping--don't know what that's from--optifast? diet iced tea? Water? ?? what are you eating??