Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I was too freaked out to watch it before i got banded. I should watch it now. I am using a heating pad. What size is your band?

Mine is just the standard on, not the bigger VG band. Audree

any sugestions for left shoulder pain. So far, that is my only problem. It hurts so bad sometimes I could cry. If I take a deep breath and hold it, the pain goes away but I can't keep holding my breath lol.

Susan

banded Jan.8th by Dr. Ortiz (what a cutie pie!)

My heating pad helped a lot and liquid tylenol in am and pm if I wanted to sleep and couldn't because of the pain (which I didn't end up needing but had just in case). Also I massaged my stomach as best I could to help the gas through my intestines and passing it. Also, chamomile, mint, peppermint tea

Hope this helps! Audree

I'm excited of course, but a bit nervous as well. I take inspiration from all the recent bandsters who are posting that they came through well.

I guess the main thing for me is the fact that I haven't told hardley anyone. Usually I would ask my church and friends to pray for me and it has given me comfort to know that I have their prayers. I TOTALLY believe in the power of prayer. And now I don't have that and I'm kinda scared.

Oh yeah, if we can believe God brought us to it so He will get us through it, that is what kept me from going crazy pre op!!!! I have not told anyone and don't plan on unless I feel they would benefit in some way. My mom, husband and friend are all. Not even my kids know and I do not plan on ever telling them. They think mommy has the stomach flu and gas pains!!!:faint:

Take care and I will be praying for all the January bandsters!!! Keep us posted!!!Audree

Hang in there! I will say a prayer for you and Im sure others will too! I didnt want to tell anyone either...I just wanted to lose the weight and have people truely notice it on their own. But I have 3 kiddos and I lost my own mother when I was 6, so I ended up telling some people so in case of disaster, they can let my kiddos know how much I love them. Worse case scenerio, really...So, whatever your reason for not sharing, just know that there are people out there who are praying for you!

Yeah, the night before surgury I was panicking about my kids not knowing and something happened to me, but I was just torturing myself. :faint:

My mom has all my before pics, I have to get them from her. I haven't taken any scar pics yet bc I still have steri strips on. Yawn.

Man, I was soooooooooooooooooooooo freaked when I saw my before pics! It made me GLAD I got my band. I have really gained in the last 2 months before my band and didn't know what I looked like.

What are we all using on our scars???? I bought something called Scar Zone. Anyone else using it?

Audree

I havent had lapband surgery, but have had other surgeries. I seem to get the gas settling in my shoulders. Thats probably what you have. Not sure how to get rid of it. I just always have to be patient and let mine go away.

Congrats on your surgery, I hope to get banded this year!

I am post op day 8 and feeling soooooooooooo good and happy!!!!!! I had my morning coffee (breakfast these days) and am looking forward to some warm soup!!!!!

How are you all doing???

How many of you journal?????

What have you been eating/drinking???

Exercise???

supplements? ????

Weight Loss????

I still have not weighed myself. I just don't want to for the first time in my life. Can you imagine the great surprise I'll have when I do!!!!!!

I think I will when I see a significant change. I have heard of those who wait till the 6 week mark

Audree

I am being banded on January 31. Now that it is real I am freaking out. Suddenly, everyone is coming out of the woodwork to scare me with their horror stories. It's really hard on my daughter because she thinks this is a ridiculous decision anyway. A woman at church told her terrible things about hers even though she lost 87 pds., including about a death and that she is taking hers out. Not a good thing to tell a kid.

Also can someone tell me how to get those ticker things on to my posts? I tried it thru the website but I am doing something wrong.

The only think I rembember is they said to choose the first or second code and only copy from img to img

I think the problems are only less than 1% and she is one of them. There are so many more success stories. Losing 87 pounds is also a success but she may be one of those negative people that find bad in all, even in the good. I am sorry she told your daughter those things. I would have been PISSSSSEEEEDDDD off!!!!

Just explain to your daughter that the lady may have some mental problems or jealousy issues. Who would tell a kids stuff like that????? I didn't tell my kids or others so my kids wouldn't have to deal with negative people pushing there views on them.

Audree

:hippie: 38 hours to go! I am so excited! I am supposed to be at the hospital at 6:30 Monday morning. Luckily, it is ab out 5 minutes away. Surgery is scheduled for 7:00.

Thanks for the help Audre and 2bthinagn. It is definitely getting better day by day.

Wow I just made some potato leek Soup and it was fantastic. I could not eat til about 3PM and I did eat a lot of it. But now I am worried it might have stretched the pouch. Hope not!

:hippie: 38 hours to go! I am so excited! I am supposed to be at the hospital at 6:30 Monday morning. Luckily, it is ab out 5 minutes away. Surgery is scheduled for 7:00.

CONGRATS!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I'm back. Banded, and doing REALLY well. Shockingly. For a second when I woke up, I was one of the few that wanted to ask if I was really banded, until I saw the bandages.

I have the steri stripes (sp?) on. They told me to let them fall off.

I'm getting in bed, and will talk to you more later.

I'm back. Banded, and doing REALLY well. Shockingly. For a second when I woke up, I was one of the few that wanted to ask if I was really banded, until I saw the bandages.

I have the steri stripes (sp?) on. They told me to let them fall off.

I'm getting in bed, and will talk to you more later.

Glad to hear to hear you are doing well! Get some rest and when you wake up don't forget to walk as much as you can and sip as much Water as you can. :)