Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hiya Patsy,

I think we all struggle with making good choices and certainly the exercise component. I do good for a while then fall off. When I get a fill that sort of gets me going again and keeps me on the straight and narrow. I do believe that exercise is necessary for WL. And I truly believe that it needs to be a part of our lives. I would bet that if you started something, like walking, and did it consistenly for 3-4 weeks, then you'd come to at least enjoy it when you're doing it. I started getting up early..5:30 and going and I do enjoy it.

I struggle with portions. I sometimes have to get out the salad plate and use that to keep my portion sizes right. I generally always eat my Protein first, but old habits..a bite of meat, a bite of veggies, a bite of carbs. Never eat all the meat first...then veggies, then carbs.

Hi all,

I'm the same way. It's hard to change old habits.

I was stuck at 170 lbs for almost two months. About 3 weeks ago I started walking and started paying attention to portions. I went to the doctor yesterday and I had lost 5 lbs.

Here's a list of January Bandsters. Let us know if we've missed anybody!

Txpeaches - 1/02/07

1721Summ - 1/02/07

Jenslapband - 1/02/07

Irishamerican - 1/02/07

Angyl2314 (Jen) - 1/03/07

Kellie Reachell (Kellie) - 1/03/07

Skmsu (Susan) - 1/03/07

Cricket - 1/04/07

Babygotback (Audree) 1/05/07

Fiyagirl (Sherry) - 1/05/07

Tinabartlett - 1/05/07

Maillady2 - 1/05/07

Susantunanoodle (Susan) - 1/08/07

Eldonh - 1/08/07

Honeylin - 1/08/07

Tulip - 1/8/07

Girlinnyc - 1/08/07

SeattleEbeth - 1/09/07

Moog24 (Michelle - 1/09/07

PinkyBandito - 1/09/07

Bhamguy31 - 1/09/07

Cdgmom (Amy) - 1/09/07

Travelbug - 1/09/07

Zevesther - 1/09/07

Klo (Kathy) - 1/10/07

Wph74 (Whitney) - 1/10/07

Angelburch - 1/10/07

Mindful (Paige) - 1/10/07

Mikeomando -1/10/07

Roses733 (Rose) - 1/11/07

Loridee (Lori) - 1/11/07

Sheilamj1fan (Sheila) - 1/11/07

Justine717 - 1/11/07

Patp98465 - 1/11/07

Mommi-hammi - 1/12/07

Rms78645 - 1/12/07

Inner_me (Chris) - 1/12/07

Cjkerr (Carole) - 1/12/07

InTheBreeze13 - 1/12/07

Saraincincy (Sara) - 1/13/07

Lala - 1/15/07

Happylady - 1/15/07

Patsygrn - 1/15/07

Andrea1973 - 1/15/07

Sula - 1/15/07

Smilliegal - 1/15/07

Peacej - 1/15/07

Slate2633 1/15/07

Pinky12202 (Linda) - 1/16/07

Marjon9 - 1/16/07

Sula (Shawn) - 1/16/07

Reesh - 1/16/07

Soon2bthin.com - 1/16/07

Bandqueen - 1/16/07

Chunky Monkey - 1/16/07

Muttman - 1/16/07

Enterprise01 - 1/17/07

Revolution - 1/17/07

Prissever - 1/17/07

Sunshine2 (Tonya) - 1/18/07

5jacks - 1/18/07

Imsusie0929 - 1/18/07

Stephanee - 1/18/07

Shellyfromohio (shelly) - 1/18/07

Ddcokk85 (Lisa) - 1/18/07

Phlyinphebee (Rene') - 1/19/07

Nicknack34461 - 1/19/07

Shayne9927 (Shayne) - 1/19/07

Lap - 1/19/07

Deb-Texas - 1/19/07

Mammaw - 1/19/07

Cinward2001 (Cindy) - 1/19/06***

Jun0610 (Maria) - 1/22/07

Rsbell - 1/22/07

Purposedriven4 - 1/22/07

Ds5001ds - 1/22/07

Nursiepooh - 1/22/07

Kilopitre - 1/23/07

RidinmyHDdream (Carol) - 1/23/07

Zuzu - 1/23/07

Nella337 - 1/23/07

Redstart - 1/24/07

Nomophat - 1/24/07

Lauriann - 1/24/07

Shesha - 1/25/07

Edieday (Edie) - 1/25/07

Huberslave - 1/25/07

Rockergirl - 1/25/07

A.Isabella - 1/25/07

Donnalynncrain - 1/25/06***

Shues138 (Andrea) - 1/26/07

Jeanettej505 - 1/26/07

Bandida - 1/26/07

Susanjuneau - 1/26/07

Stacyrh - 1/29/07

Charlottesweb91 - 1/29/07

Trishd - 1/29/07

Mom of 3 - 1/29/07

Monsoleil98 - 1/29/07

Nurseratchett (Joanne) - 1/29/07

Sherilynn - 1/30/07

Texasbighair - 1/30/07

Gig8 (gigi) - 1/30/07

Cchristys - 1/30/07

Ladyleo868 (Christine) - 1/30/07

Kima - 1/30/07

Rsbg1 (Ted) - 1/31/07

TracyV - 1/31/07

Callieanna - 1/31/07

Sportsscribe - 1/31/07

Your247realtor - 1/31/07

1bunni4me - 1/31/07

Thatgirl - 1/31/07

Mfw1941 - 1/31/07

Brew2000 - 1/31/07

Lapbandhopeful - 2/02/07

Carol 1-23-07:)

Hi Carol! Welcome to our little group! How has everything been going for you? I forget who is in charge these days, but I'm sure someone will add you to our list soon.

I'm here too! Went on a canoe trip today so hopefully that will help the weight drop a little quicker. Have been really tight the last few days,TOM is next week and I always seem tighter the week before. The kids loved paddling so I spent most of the time trying to "steer" it from the back instead of paddling! Had a good time though and that's what matters.

Has anyone else out there started their own support group? My surgeon is over an hour away and the group meetings are on Saturday mornings so I never seem to make it. Have talked to a few fellow bandsters from surrounding towns and they were in the same boat. So was wondering if anyone else started one, trying to figure out the best route to take, newspaper ad., word of mouth, etc. I've contacted my nutritionist from the hospital about 12 miles from me and she's checking out what she can do on her end also. Any ideas????? I'm all ears!

O.K.....just because Tonya's away getting a great tan doesn't mean we vacate the web-site for 10 days....everyone jump on here and keep this thing bumped so she won't have to look for us!

Canoing sounds like so much fun...expecially when it has been so hot. I ran errands all day. We are having a dog trial and my DH and I cook the banquet dinner so it was getting stuff to take "camping" out in the toolies. Mustn't forget a thing because there are no groceries available!! We leave on Wednesday and since I work Monday and Tues, I have to get it all done now! But I think I'm ahead of the game.

I did plan on proper meals for me...I'm taking my Protein stuff for breakfasts and they will probably provide lunches...lunch meat and cheese probably for those..then except for our dinner...a cafe for lite dinners. AND lots of water! I'm good. I didn't even buy any cheat food for me!

I was stuck at 170 lbs for almost two months. About 3 weeks ago I started walking and started paying attention to portions. I went to the doctor yesterday and I had lost 5 lbs.

O to be 170 again, that was years ago!!!!! Maybe someday this year!

I work 12 hour night shifts, been working too many of them here lately.

It's another old habit of eating sometimes just to stay awake, not because you're hungry. I usually always use small salad plates at home.

BUT tonight I really pigged out! Whoops got a patient coming in, gotta go.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

O to be 170 again, that was years ago!!!!! Maybe someday this year!

My sentiments exactly!

We cleaned out our basement today, well one corner of it anyway. I vacuumed all the cobwebs, wiped down shelving and my treadmill. Finally got the TV and DVD player working again, so now I have ZERO excuse for not getting down there and doing something. The plan is to pop a movie in and try to walk for at least 45 minutes to an hour 3 days a week and work up from there. I also bought one of those "Transfirmer" things last winter, and I want to do that at least 2 days. I think that's a good start for now. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with thinking I have to do a ton, when the truth is you just have to START!

Good Monday Morning all

Lazy today and didn't do my walk. We are extremely smokey from all the fires here in Montana and the wind really kicked them up yesterday evening. So it is pretty thick.

I can really feel my fill this time. I had a hard time eating much yesterday. I had a banana, salad with canned chicken for lunch and scrambled egg for dinner. I did manage some ice cream...:lol: I worked on my liquids...I usually do pretty good but could tell I was behind in my consumption as I felt thirsty most of the day.

How'd you guys do?

Hi Everyone! It has taken me about an hour to catch up on this thread. I have been so busy over the past 8 weeks(since the kids have been home from school). Their schedules have been so busy all summer. All three boys have basketball camp every day from 10:00 to 12:00 and my daughter has gymnastics from 10:00 to 11:00. Then they all have swimming at all different times, then the boys have basketball again 5 nights/week at different times. On top of that, my daughter has cheerleading 3 nights/week, so no wonder I feel like I have no time for me. I also work 2-3 days/week as a nurse at the children's hospital. Anyway, I apologize for not checking in more. I am going to really try to make more of an effort because I need to and enjoy this forum. I am on another plateau and told myself that I wouldn't weigh in until friday. I have been slacking on my Water intake lately. I'm not sure why. I also have not been eating my Protein like I should. I think it's because it is so hot out and honestly I don't feel like eating when it's hot out. Unlike most people, when I don't eat enough, I gain or stay the same, not lose. I am going to go back to having 2 protein shakes/day. Thanks for listening to me. I'll check in again. Have a good night. Gigi

I have been doing good.

How are you all doing?

I am still maintaining, should have lost some more by now, but was craving some things I should have not and was eating them too!:faint:

But, I am back to eating the way that works best for me which is South Beach and stocked up on my favorite goodies.

I went from being stuck on my meals, to being on the looser side then to my first PB yesterday. GROSS!!!!

I am taking it easy today also.

It is soooo hot here in CA. It was actually up to 107!!!!

Hi,

Minor victory here. I put on a pair of jeans that usually I have to suck in to fasten, let alone get on after washing them and they were loose!! No change on the scale tho.

I can really feel my fill and pay the price if I hurry or get too hungry. Nothing too serious such as a PB but certainly that tightness and pain...and the burps...swallow, burp again..you don't gain any ground.

Hope all is well.

Hi,

Minor victory here. I put on a pair of jeans that usually I have to suck in to fasten, let alone get on after washing them and they were loose!! No change on the scale tho.

I can really feel my fill and pay the price if I hurry or get too hungry. Nothing too serious such as a PB but certainly that tightness and pain...and the burps...swallow, burp again..you don't gain any ground.

Hope all is well.

Congrats on the loose jeans! What a great feeling :blush:

I agree with you about the hurrying thing. If I take my first few bites too fast or too close together, then I'm pretty much done eating. I just have that feeling where I know if I take another bite I'm going to be in serious trouble!

Hi all,

Sorry it has been so long since I posted..new job, new move, new religion, dad was diagnosed with colon cancer..BUT I have been losing weight at a healthy rate...kind of miss eating lots and fast..but like my new body much better...was checking out the Hair loss post, and yes, I have been losing hair as well..good thing I have lots to spare...hope you all are doing well...

TRACY