Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Indiana Sleevers

They have it the 1st and 2nd Tuesday of each month. I will see if I can rearrange to go next week instead :)

Sounds good! I had the H&P today...only lasted like 20 minutes. They said I should hear in the next week from scheduling!

Omg.. That long in the hospital .. So how are you doing now? How is you venture going on weight and eating ? I been to 3 of the support group meeting at the hospital not counting the one I was required to do.. I'm still waiting for them to call and tell me the date for surgery ' date=' I'm wanting to call them but I will wait till tomorrow if I don't hear anything then I will call.[/quote']

I can eat normally now. I've been able to for awhile, and I can actually drink instead of sip, that was the hardest part (leak not included :P.)

I'll admit, I'm slacking horribly with support group meetings. Mainly because at first I knew I'd just scare everyone with my leak rage, then I just got lazy. I HAAAVE to make myself go this month!

I think I got my date in 2-4 days after the insurance approval, then they actually bumped it sooner because they'd originally scheduled it when Coop was out of town for Thanksgiving. Hence no robot for me. Which made me really sad lol. My mom had the DaVinci with her DS.

I've lost around 61-62lbs since the day of my first surgery. I gained 5 in my month of strict NPO and TPN in the hospital. It's a slower loss but I'll take it!

I have to find out what the dates are again, I have my black notebook what they gave me out in the truck, I will have to look and reread it cause my surgery date is June 19. I must admit I was discourage at time sticking to my diet cause I'd get frustrated on not a surgery date or I was too high risk until I had more test. So I said good bye to my last high calorie meal and back on a1300 cal diet until I do the liquid diet. But I'm so excited to get this over with.

I have to find out what the dates are again' date=' I have my black notebook what they gave me out in the truck, I will have to look and reread it cause my surgery date is June 19. I must admit I was discourage at time sticking to my diet cause I'd get frustrated on not a surgery date or I was too high risk until I had more test. So I said good bye to my last high calorie meal and back on a1300 cal diet until I do the liquid diet. But I'm so excited to get this over with.[/quote']

congrats! it's so worth it...but not w/out its challenges! post-op diet extremely difficult!!! make sure u have a good support team...trust me u will want to eat!

I do trust that, BUT I been reading some but not all have no hunger feeling at all and one been 7 months done the line, there been quite a few, some say they have a empty feeling and they guess it a hunger feeling but the all said it was time to eat anyway, I just hope that happens to me, but like anything a little work at it shouldn't be that big of a problem

I do trust that' date=' BUT I been reading some but not all have no hunger feeling at all and one been 7 months done the line, there been quite a few, some say they have a empty feeling and they guess it a hunger feeling but the all said it was time to eat anyway, I just hope that happens to me, but like anything a little work at it shouldn't be that big of a problem[/quote']

Prepare for the post op diet in moderation. My taste buds totally changed and I had a bunch of stuff stocked up that I couldn't stand the taste of once I got home!

For me, the hunger part is hard to describe to people. I'm about 2 months post-op, and I generally tell people that I don't have typical hunger feelings. If I skip meals (I'm good about not doing so, but one day I was waiting somewhere for hours with no way to get my mid-day meal in), then I feel a headache, as if I'm having low blood sugar. But my stomach will never growl as it used to.

Sometimes there's what I would call more of an emptiness, but mentally it only registers for a moment at a time and is soon forgotten, especially if I take a drink of fluids. It doesn't dominate my thoughts with desires of food.

And then of course there's the head hunger. That is the hardest to tackle, but I think through this process I have become more aware of when my body actually needs something and when psychologically I just want it, because even though my head is telling me to snack, the rest of me is saying I'm just fine. Those are hard, especially late at night when I used to binge. I just have to do things like not keep Laughing Cow Wedges in the house, because I'm prone to just grab something like that, that I can justify eating with no prep work required. And I do sugar free popsicles, because at least they're on the list of things that are fine to snack on between meals and can get in some last minute fluids.

For me' date=' the hunger part is hard to describe to people. I'm about 2 months post-op, and I generally tell people that I don't have typical hunger feelings. If I skip meals (I'm good about not doing so, but one day I was waiting somewhere for hours with no way to get my mid-day meal in), then I feel a headache, as if I'm having low blood sugar. But my stomach will never growl as it used to.

Sometimes there's what I would call more of an emptiness, but mentally it only registers for a moment at a time and is soon forgotten, especially if I take a drink of fluids. It doesn't dominate my thoughts with desires of food.

And then of course there's the head hunger. That is the hardest to tackle, but I think through this process I have become more aware of when my body actually needs something and when psychologically I just want it, because even though my head is telling me to snack, the rest of me is saying I'm just fine. Those are hard, especially late at night when I used to binge. I just have to do things like not keep Laughing Cow Wedges in the house, because I'm prone to just grab something like that, that I can justify eating with no prep work required. And I do sugar free popsicles, because at least they're on the list of things that are fine to snack on between meals and can get in some last minute fluids.[/quote']

yep head hunger is no joke...I have to keep the garbage food out of the house otherwise I convince myself I'm dong w/out & eat it!!! I keep some sweets but the no fat/sugar stuff-it keeps me grounded and tolerable for others to deal with!

Just had my last full sized meal. Smoked pork butt and a salad. I'm on Clear Liquids the next two days then surgery Tuesday.

Just had my last full sized meal. Smoked pork butt and a salad. I'm on clear liquids the next two days then surgery Tuesday.

Good luck

Thanks!

Just had my last full sized meal. Smoked pork butt and a salad. I'm on clear liquids the next two days then surgery Tuesday.

Sounds delicious!

After all these month (since Jan) my date to get Sleeved is the 19th as strange as it may sound it seems so far away, Wednesday is my pace appointment , so when I start that then the ball will start to roll.. Any pointers on the liquid diet, I might have to ask the sherif to lock me up in the Scott Co. Jail just so I can stick to the diet for two days.....

You're in the home stretch! Congrats and good luck on Tuesday!

Good luck! Lets us know how it goes :)