Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

I just started running outside this week. Up until now I completed the C25K program but I did it all in the gym on the treadmill. My 5K is June 1st so I figured I need to start running outside. It is VERY different and much harder in my humble opinion. Even though I was running 3 miles on the treadmill, the first time I ran outside I only got 1.7 miles. It was just a lot different. That and the fact that it is all hills where I live, so no where nice and flat to run. Hopefully I will be ready in only 2.5 short weeks! I'm super nervous. I don't even care at all about my time. I just care that I finish it and that I run it. Luckily the course itself is pretty flat.

If you go back on the treadmill as the summer heats up, adding an incline better simulates outdoor running.

So I managed to adjust to the gross heat & humidity & I finally feel ready for my 5k on Sunday :-) How's everyone else doing??

post-182723-0-38123600-1401327369_thumb.jpg

Fantastic time girl!!!!!! You are so ready!!!!!

I finished C25K last week and then on Saturday I ran 5K around my house first time in 37 minutes. Was very proud and then yesterday I ran another 5K around my town in 36:47 so improved a little. I will do a 5K tomorrow also but I am very proud of my time at this point. I was hoping for 45 minutes when I first started running so this is huge for me.

So I managed to adjust to the gross heat & humidity & I finally feel ready for my 5k on Sunday :-) How's everyone else doing??

I got my mile down to 12:34 minutes! Did 3 miles in 40:04 on Mother's Day. Finished a 5k on Sunday in 42:35- but when I track it on my nike run app it said The run was actually 3.24 miles, not 3.1?

Doing another 5k on Sunday, hoping for a better time!

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finished my first 5k today in 35 minutes, no walking. It was totally amazing given that this time last year I could barely walk a block, let alone run 3.1 miles! On to 10k and a 1/2 marathon next!! :-) Here are a couple pics of me & my daughters who ran with me (the 2 older ones)

post-182723-0-55673600-1401660208_thumb.jpg

post-182723-0-66141900-1401660216_thumb.jpg

Edited by livvsmum

I finished my first 5k today in 35 minutes, no walking. It was totally amazing given that this time last year I could barely walk a block, let alone run 3.1 miles! On to 10k and a 1/2 marathon next!! :-) Here are a couple pics of me & my daughters who ran with me (the 2 older ones)

That's awesome! I just finished another 5k in 41:30...not where I wanna be but still less than it used to be ;)

That's awesome!!! Congrats! I just did my third today and my goal was sub 40mins and I did 37:15. You are miss speedy in my book!

That's so awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!! You look fantastic!!! You must be so proud!!!!!

You guys inspire me and give me hope! I tried adding slow jogging to my walk today for the first time, alternating in interval of two blocks jogging one block walking. I am six weeks out from surgery and 250 pounds, and tonight I can feel it in my knees and thighs--but I really want to be able to run the whole 5K distance. A few years ago I did a walking 5K and even though I have been doing a lot of walking I came in dead last. I was okay with it, somebody has to be left, but I really want to be able to accomplish first jogging in entire mile, and then the whole 5K. how often do you guys run, every day or just 3 to 4 times a week? is it better to alternate or getting the groove of doing every day? Inquiring immature minds need to know!