Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Gus is doing better this morning. He actually got a whole night's sleep without coughing. His tempeerature seems to be going down too. Man, this was a rough one for him. Double ear infection, throat infection, sinus infection and pneumonia! He's been an angel through it all though! I'll know more tomorrow if the meds are working.

Glo, I plan on going every 6 weeks until they get me in non-plus sized clothes if they'll have me! That's 3 sizes to go. I'm shooting for a 12 since I'm 5'9" large framed. I've never been below an 18 though.

My appointments have been stretched to 8 weeks now. I read somewhere in the stuff they give out that appointments are stretched so every 3 months after the first year. I coulda dreamed it.

Shannon, glad Gus was able to sleep better last night. Maybe the meds are doing their thing and he will get better soon.

lisa

glo i think lisa may have dreamed right about the 3 months. you know me i am q bad patient i go when i need a fill and that is never on a regular schedule. my last visit was 2-25 and i don't have an appt, but i don't need a fill at this time (but i did get hungry today for the first time in a long time). also glo remember my goal was a # i pulled out of the air i really need to lose more than 23 lbs but i would not be very unhappy if that was all i lost. right now i weigh what i weighed on the last starve you diet i was on and i thought i was looking good then, but i definitivly need to lose at least 20-30 more.

i just checked the radar and it looks like most of the rains will be north of us (ihope) hey lisa are you building a new house??

Lisa, what were you talking about when you said something about three tickers. I think I have it fixed. But every ticker I had popped up for me to cut. Weird? Maybe they showed up while I was tinkering with it? Anyway I think it is fixed now. Sometimes that site is hard to manage for me.

When I went to Dr. K the other day, she said 3 months for my next appt. Also Mrs. Betty came in and asked what she could do to help me. I guess I'm not doing very well. hmmmm. Just got to do better. I am trying.

Lo2us, glad Gus is getting better, poor little fella...poor mom.

Lisa what were you and glo talking about a diet and recipes? Guess I missed that. What is the pouch test? I must have gotton out of the loop for a few days to miss so much.

Glo, my ticker shows more than what the Doctors want me to loose. I want to lose about 11 more pounds than the goal they set for me. I just feel like I would be happier losing that 11 more pounds. I'll just have to see when I get to their goal how I feel about losing the other. Gives me some motivation when I see how much more I have to lose. lol

Susan.... we aren't building a house. We have been trying to get a Double Wide for the last 6 weeks. I just about ready to tell the whole bunch that I'm going somewhere else. I keep getting excuses that don't make sense and I'm getting really tired of it. The dirt pile is to cover up the hole that was under the old house that was on the property and to level the ground some. The old house was the one I grew up in so it was really sad when they came and bulldozed it down, but I am looking forward to getting in the new one......IF I can get everyone's butts in gear. Can you tell I'm getting a little testy?

Sharon, when I posted that bout your tickers, there were three tickers showing in your posts. I just thought it was kinda funny that all three of them were showing. I knew you had been working on them.lol

Yall take care today. It's gonna be stormy for a while. Tie your boxes up to something so you don't lose them. (mine is expected in Texarkana any day now)

lisa

Hello ladies,

Just checking in with all of you...I am now at every 8 weeks going back for a fill...I didn't know you could go when you need to, thought it had to be by appointment, I may try to get in sooner...I had them take out some this last time and I can definitely tell they took out too much...I seem to have the urge to eat all the time and can eat more at a setting than I before...I have gained about 5 lbs...I guess I'm not staying inside the box...so getting a little discouraged...will probably get a refill this time...May 5th...Of course, Billy is still losing a little, so that doesn't help either...;)

the rain just about washed us all away here in Broken Bow...they have been saying they will be letting out Water at the lake which will flood anybody that lives along the river, they are evacuating everyone within 1 mile radius of down stream...

you guys take care and keep working, you are all doing great...

SugarBear, there is a web-site that one lady mentioned on the View (it was 2 ladies). They both had gastric bypass, one is maintaining her weight and the other had gained 80 lbs back. The web-site had something on it called the 5 day pouch test, sort of used to jump start your weight when you stayed at a plateau. WWW.livingafterwls.com.

It also had recipes on it.

vlynn i didn't mean anytime i call for appt serval weeks in advance like now i think i will probably call next week for an appt near the end of may

Yeah, but when I went this last time March 10, Dr. H told me he wanted to see me in 8 weeks. (that sounded like a little kid, didn't it? lol) The futher out you get, the slower you lose, so I guess he doesn't need to see you as often???? I sure hope I don't slow down any more, I haven't lost quickly anyway. But...... one of those pesky 6 pounds are gone this morning. Yay me!

I upped my Protein and started forcing more Water. I was having a problem with water intake. Do you ever NOT think to drink?

Yall have a good day!

lisa

yeah i have a hard time getting enough h2o man i saw lou last nite and she has to be very close to goal cause she is looking so good and skinny!!!

hey Lisa, I didn't get to see that on my tickers but I bet everyone who did thought What the heck?!?

Good to hear from you Vlynn. How are your girls doing? Have really missed you, glad to see you are back.

Lisa I am a member of the slow losers club for sure. You can tell by my ticker. Heck, fifteen or 17 lbs. of that was pre-op. If I could only make myself do that again. Can't hardly stand the SF. What are those Protein things you and Lo2 talk about. Shooters? or is it tubes? How much protein and where do you get them. I think I get plenty of protein. Don't really count it, but I am a huge fan of cottage, oatmeal cheeses, and milk. Does anyone have an idea how much a young, active male, should get in grams of protein? My son has been watching his weight and does very well but he is worried his hair is really thinning. He is 22. I meant to ask Amy last time I was at the office but forgot.

Thanks for the info Glo.

SugarBear, I found a web-site that will give you the Protein and calorie amt.

WWW.highproteinfoods.net

Susan, Lou Ann does look great. I'm so proud of her.

Lisa, I'm interested too about the "test" tubes. I have some but I have not tried them.

Today is sooooo beautiful..... I tried to run the bleachers today, but I thought "gosh, if I fall and kill myself, no one will know it and they won't find me until football season". Needless to say, I stopped, rested and got back to walking on the track where it was safe. Surely the elementary kids would see me there. LOL

I know "stay in the box", I will , Lou Ann is letting me use hers, since she's almost to goal.

well don't let them fall off while you run the bleachers.. but if you do i hope lou gets a picture LOL LOL