Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

chuckles and dj arnold ... how are you two doing with your new band? Keep us informed. WE like to hear how you are doing, any tips?

Hang in there.

I had my 1st fill today. I don't know what I expected, but wow.....totally painless. The only semi-painful thing was the horrendous wait. Ah well, we take the good with the bad, I guess.

I forgot to mention earlier that I did go and Dr. K unfilled me a "smidge" so far so good. No PB's today. Here it is 3:15 a.m. and I am wide awake. Been up since 1:30 a.m. Gonna be a looooong day.

Plain, congrats on the first fill. I was like you, waiting in there for that fill. Nothing to it...I was shocked. I have had 8 ! When was your surgery date? I forgot. You may or may not notice any difference when you get back to foods. They probably told you liquids the first day and mushies the second. Don't let it discourage you if you don't. Everybody's band may fit differently in the beginning. The size of your stomach opening may be smaller or maybe larger than others. So it takes some several fills before they notice anything, some notice immediately. We are all different. A lot of us here have the old style band, all of you new commers have the new one. That is probably a factor too. Good luck and take care of your band. You are on a journey to a healthier you.

sb... i see your ticker moved! Great. I pb'd yesterday, so i KNOW there is still enough in that band. I ate too fast. In a way, I was glad. it is scary getting fill out and wondering if it is working. LOL. I do feel MUCH better. Hope you do to. I ate salad. YEA YEA. Now, if i will just stay in that BOX. Have a good weekend.

I found a band friendly Breakfast food I've never had. I bought some hot wheat bran Cereal at Albertson's yesterday. It has 150 cal and 17g Protein per 1/2 c serving. Yes, I said 17 g! It goes down much easier than oatmeal for me (not much goes down until about lunch time.)

Billy is doing great...(funny how you remember the turtle thing, Lisa)...He REALLY looks like a turtle now...He has lost about 85 lbs...He has only 3 fills and he is staying there...He is staying around 209, but he is tall and broad, so that is a good place for him...

We found pictures from summer before last when we went to Reno with some friends and they took one of us together...TOTAL SHOCK!!!!!

I am to a point where exercise is what I need to do most...but I HATE to exercise...(strengthening exercises, mostly)...love to walk, though, so maybe that will help me more...

Softball season is starting too, so that will help...

I would love to get together again with you guys...that was a joy to sit and visit...

Lisa, I edited my ticker and look what happened. Now it is on there twice. It asked me the stuff over again, I answered and now I have two. Don't have a clue how to remove one without removing both.

Vlynn. Just check the site and we will figure it out when to meet. Summer may be better for you? If you ever go to Texarkana for a day let me know and if I am free and you want lunch company I'm meet you. Lisa isn't working now maybe she can come too. I am dying to see your skinny selves anyway. I'm nowhere near skinny but I have a few pounds more off than when I saw you. I am getting ready to start the walking thing too. I broke my leg and ankle and that was a pretty good set back but it's getting better all the time. Just been slow. Take care and tell Billy a big hello from me, and all of us are really proud of the two of you.

Plain, how's it going with the fill?

Susan, absolutely! Have you ever gotten your down coat wet? Them suckers weigh a TON! lol Are you wet, by chance? lol

Yall..... You are not going to believe this, but I think I'm too tight now. This ain't funny either. I got sick twice this weekend. I'm not so tight that I can't hold anything down, but I can't eat a much of the foods we are "supposed" to be eating. Ain't it funny..... the foods we aren't supposed to eat go down fine and the good stuff gets stuck and yucky? What is wrong with that picture.

Lynn, I'm so proud of you and Billy. Yall are the greatest! Keep up the good work!

Sharon, you need to go and edit your signature. (user CP on this site) some how you have your ticker pasted twice. Just cut one out and save the other one and see if that works. If it doesn't, try cutting them both and starting over. I think just cutting one out will work, though.

Shannon, does the cereal taste good? That should be just the thing for us. Fiber and Protein all in one.

Well, time to get started. Got lots to do today and I can't get outside to do it. Susan, I'm beginning to think I might need to go back to WalMarts and get some rubber boots, what do you think? lol

Yall have a good day and try to stay out of the storms and stuff!

Box, box, box. Drink Water too!

lisa

Dang, I rechecked that ceral and it only has 7 grams of Protein, but if you make it with skim milk, that should up it to 15 grams of proteing and like 210 calories. Still a pretty good breakfast on both counts. It tastes just like oatmeal, but smoother. For some reason I have a hard time with oatmeal in the mornings, but this stuff does great!

lisa... follow yours and lo2us advice. I feel so much better, slowly losing again.

I will. I sent Mrs. Betty a e-mail yesterday. Things are a little better this morning. I don't know if it's just stress or if I really am too tight. We have a lot going on in our lives lately and I have been stressed to the gills. I know, don't stress. But it seems like I have to hurry up and wait a lot lately. Know what I mean? With the house, baseball practice and all that other stuff, man, I just can't get finished. I know I'm not talking about anything yall dont do either. I guess I'm just over stressing. I keep telling myself that I'm too blessed to be stressed, but my body don't cooperate sometimes.

I hope everyone made it thru the night ok. Did yall have storms? We just got a couple of little down pours that lasted just a couple of minutes and that was it.

Yall take care today, stay in the box and drink your water!

lisa

We're okay here in Fouke, but I think a few people's window were broken by the hail. I know it came up right beside us!

How's everyone this morning? Did yall have trouble getting on our thread yesterday afternoon? I couldn't. Could get on all the others fine, ours was just not accessible.

Well, I'm still tight this morning. I think I'm just getting to big of a bite now. I had a baked potato last night and it went down ok. I had a "breadless" ham and cheese sandwich yesterday at lunch and it went down fine. I just think I might in to much of a hurry. YALL KNOW HOW IT IS TO BE IN A HURRY! :thumbup:

Talk to everyone later! Have a good day! I'm not preaching this morning, but yall know what to do.............. :tt2:

lisa