Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

TP - I've lost 60 lbs on just two fills. I guess those are good results. Also, I couldn't slow down eating at first too, but Lisa told me to just sit and look at my food for 5 minutes and it would help slow me down. It works great for me now!

Arkie - Let us know how you've faired!

That's right Teresa, it really doesn't matter. I have decided to keep up with the total in my band from time to time. The restriction around the opening of the stomach varies for everyone All of us are different sizes (stomach opening.) I have had 5 fills and still do not experience much restriction. On the other hand, Lo2us experienced restriction from the get-go. She couldn't even tolerate the average size fill for a med band. They had to back some out. She got a small 2nd fill and has been really restricted. Went for a third and didn't need one at all. She has lost a lot of weight in a short period of time. Everyone is different. I am having a difficult time getting to the "sweet spot" as they call it, or even to decent restriction. But I have been assured it will happen. I do have some restriction, just not very much. Not wanting to discourage you, just letting you know it is different for some of us. Half of my weight lost was pre-op. I am just going to be one of the pokey ones. But as you can see, most are having good success. As you will too. Take care. Wonder how Arkie is doing?

Hi, I had my band yesterday. So far I have had to force liquids down since there has been no hungar.

I have walked 3 times today, I am still very sore but they say walking and gas-x will help that.

I was thrilled when they weighed me at the hospital, total loss is `13 pounds.

If any of you guys has Blue Cross insurance ,they will mark off lots of the bills , they are guessing me to owe about 3,000.00

It took me 1 & 1/2 months to get approved, anyway its worth the wait to let the insurance do its thing.

I had my surgery at Wadley with Dr. H and Dr. K worked on me, they even went in and repaired my hernia.

The whole group at Precision Surgery is great.

way to go arkie 13lb gone!!!!! yay keep walking and following orders. glad it all went so good for you.

glo, you and lou are looking hot!!!! glad you came to the mg meeting tonite. you girls keep up the work.

lisa are you just working all the time and then the rest of the time taking care of mr. t.

sugar b take care of that leg!!!

l2 how's it going without that last fill still good and tight?

tp looks like you are going good

and sunshine was that you i saw on the before and after pic

man you are doing great!

mizboo i wore the 16's to a mg meeting tonite and they weren't even to tight yay!!! can't wait for the next size change.

hope everyone else is good!!1

<p>Hippmom, Good for you,how bout those 16's. Hope you find some real nice 14's before long. By the way, what is the mg meeting you and someone else referred to. Is that something to do with the band stuff? Anyway, hope all is well, Arkie, and you heal real fast, and lose even faster. Everyone else.....Keep up the hard work, and try to put off buying your halloween candy till the last minute, and only buy the kinds you don't like,not so much temptation. Since, i am married to a chocaholic I know all the routines. See ya'll, Mizboo</p>

Teresa, there are very few people that feel restriction after the first fill. Some do. Others don't even need a fill for a while. It's just depends on the individual. I have had FIVE fills. I have major restriction now. I think I might be just a smidge too tight, but I'm gonna try to work thru it. Just hang in there. Restriction is coming your way. I promise!!!! lol

How's everyone this morning?

How are you feeling arkie? Be sure to walk as much as possible. Sip your Water and DON'T pick anything up. Walk, walk, walk!!!

Hey, Susan! I see you online.

Yall have a good day! Talk to yall later! :cool:

hey lisa i saw your skinny else in the paper last nite!!!!

mizboo mg is master gardeners and no nothing to do with the band just another mg who is also a bandster and her friend glo were at the meeting

Big Business Woman!!!! lol I'm glad I didn't get the paper last nite!!!! Shhhhhh, don't tell everyone! :cool:

thanks for your comments. Last night I did a no no. I was cleaning up the kitchen and forgot and took a couple of bits of hamburger meat. (earlier I ate 1/2 of a burger bun, and meat) and was fine). This time though I guess I didnt chew it good and I had the famous SLIME. I felt like I was STUCK, it came back up pretty quick but that was SCARY. Is that a PB or would you call it vomiting? I hope that was the PB that I have been worried about. I must have restriction now ? I cant believe I forgot to chew and it did remind me of the band. There were no hiccups this time just pain of being stuck. My husband asked me what he could do to help, he was ready to do the hiemlich maneuver on me. (sp?). Glad it didnt last long. That would have been horrible in public. I learned a good lesson. Anyway, was that a PB? Thanks ya'll, anyone else would be grossed out by this. Thanks for being there for me ! I have not had any vomiting and I hope that didnt count. DONT want my band to slip... Glad you let us know how you are doing Arkie... hang in there you are doing great.

Gonna be better today. I definitely need more self control with my eating. I just forgot about the band : )

Good morning all,

Had my first "slime" last night. I didn't chew properly and I paid for that. I had my first fill with no restriction and I guess I am use to eating without thinking to chew properly.

Susan, I enjoyed seeing you last night, sorry I didn't get to tell you bye. Everyone Susan looked good, even if her size 16's were baggy. LOL

Lisa, I'll be looking for you Monday night. Lisa, I don't think I ever looked at my food for 5 minutes, but if it helps, I will try.

L2, excited on your weight loss. Hope my 2nd fill will be successful.

TP~ I have not had my band done yet, I go today to see Dr. Keilin, do paperwork & testing at Wadley, get banded this coming Wed.

You wrote that you forgot you had been banded and I know I will forget as well, but after reading your comments, I think I will buy one of those colored plastic bracelet/bands and wear it everyday just so I will be a constant reminder until I get used to the idea that the band is now a part of me. Glad to hear you're doing okay. I'm sure that bite of bread getting stuck was scary. The closer I get, the more unsure I am of going thru with this.....but I will.

newjulie... i have read the threads about pb'ing and everyone says they are STILL glad they got this done. So am I. That was a good wake up call and that is what I need to keep eating small amounts, etc. That is exactly WHY I got the band. Dieting has never lasted for me. This is my tool to lose this weight and KEEP it off for good. I had my doubts before and after .Everyone I am sure does. I have been fine today. No problems with eating. The staying in the box rules do work, I gotta stay in the box : ) Cant wait for you to have your surgery and get the pre and post op overwith.

Hey yall, Mrs. Betty gave us a band that says "I'm with the band" on it at one of our support group meetings. Mine didn't fit (too big) so I put it at the kitchen sink. I'll just bet she has some more. Ask her next time you go to a meeting.

Hey Glo, I'm gonna try to be there. The little man has ball practice on Mondays. Don't know how I'll work it, but I'm gonna try. I didn't get to go to the last one. I really need to go. Gotta get that pin!!!!! Yay Me!!!

Yall have a good nite.

that would be great lisa. I have a teal and a yellow one, gotta find one of them. Lo2us that is wonderful about 2 fills. I definitely fill some restriction from this first one. I dont know how long it will last but I am not going to test it. Man, I wish they would have banded my head too! Ya'll are so strong. Pass it on will ya ! How are you arkie??? You should be eating a little better now. Have a great weekend, I am on call but I plan to stay in the box.