Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hello everyone! Ya'll sound so positive today. Sounds like everyone is contented and losing wt. gradually, nobody's gaining! That's all good!

The weekend was indeed beautiful. My two small grandsons came up to spend the night. We had hiking trips thru the "forrest" (the woods), they were on the lookout for bears and lions!

My hubby snapped a picture of me sitting beside him and I have been depressed about it ever since. I can't get the image of "me" out of my thoughts. I'm so disgusted with myself.

I hope I will be scheduled soon. I'm just waiting........I feel like my whole life is on hold.

Good, Lynn..... bring Mr. Turtle with you. lol That way, I can tease him too. I guess you have figured out that I like to tease. lol If you can't laugh once in a while, life ain't no fun.

Well, I think I am in the sweet spot/green zone. I can't eat but a couple of bites at a time now. I just hope I can lose without going into starvation mode again.

Julie, hang in there, k? Just use that picture as motivation, not something to be depressed about. Then next year, you can look at it and be proud of all that you have accomplished. Don't look at the negative. Look at the positive side. You will be able to do this, I promise.

I also have a question...... do yall have a sign that you are full? I get the hiccups. It's really embarrassing in a resturant. People stare. lol Had one little ole lady give me a dirty look yesterday after church. There I sat with a big ole salad with a real bad case of hiccups and she Glared at me! I just smiled between hiccups and kinda giggled under my breath. Kinda reminded me of, well, I better not say. lol

Question for Dr. Hekier.........

I have been banded for over 1 year, and may have thrown up 5 times in all and almost all to do with bread. Last week I got a piece of chicken breast hung up and threw up about 10 times, hard wretching, before it came up. I laid off all but liqids the next day, then the next soft stuff. I have thrown up several times since on the simplest things, ice cream, slim fast, but still have eaten mexican, more chicken etc, with no problem, just the occasional wierd experience with some foods. I also have little twingers of pain every now and then, but they pass. Does this seem normal, and will it pass as time goes on, maybe just a hangover effect from the bad chicken episode? I am due to see you soon, so just wanted to feel you out before I get all worked up that there could be a problem. Thanks in advance for your attention to this post.....

Hello all. I am kinda slow getting to the computer today. Everything is slow right now. We are trying to get me something motorized to get around in. I simply can not hop on one leg everywhere. That leg wears out quickly. On top of that I am afraid I will get my knee messed up. My knees are so much better than a year ago. Virtually no problems at all. I noticed my knee was bothering me some last night and I thought oh no. They want me to use a walker. Scoot it out a couple of inches and then hop back up to it, over and over...... to get where I am going. I am going to let the nurse demonstrate it for about 20 minutes when I go Thurs. Maybe she will realize that isn't realistic! I am not 16 and 110 lbs, where I can keep up a hoping jag all day.What can they possibly be thinking? I got it... they think I'm a kangaroo!!

TP..

Good for you! Walking is a fantastic choice. That is a double positive!

Susan, sounds like you are doing good too. Hows your ankle?

My time is still short a the computer. Take care everyone. Some of you that are fairly new to new, haven't heard from you much lately, how are you?? Please post.

Howdy y'all...

Hope and pray everyone is well.

Dr. Hekier gave me my 1st fill today and all went fine...til this afternoon.

I'm good, but I feel a little "weird" after my first fill. Passed the "cracker" test and all, but this afternoon I've felt...um..."funny"?

I feel like a little cramp is inside me and I'm even queasy; but not sick. It's strange trying to describe it.

Is this typical? I assume it is unless I start spewing entrails and gravel....

:heh:Hi Yall! How's everyone this morning?

Thj, I always feel a little funny after my fills too. I think cause your stomach is saying :omg:! What's up with all the tightening? If you feel nauseated and you still have some of the liquid meds that Dr. H prescribed for you for post op, take a dose if you want, it might help. I think the band being close to the nerve that makes you kinda like that. And I thought only birds had gravel. lol :eyebrows: Just remember to do mushies today, like he said.

Sugarbear, hope you are feeling ok today.

Susan, you too. How's the body parts today. All intact? :heh:

Talk to yall later, have a good rest of the day. My computer is spazzing out on me, so if I don't post for a couple of days, I commited the unpardonable sin of executing my pc. lol :D

Hi Thj. I can't say too much about the first fill thing because I didn't feel anything. 2nd one either for that matter.I have heard some say they they feel different. Just do mushies today, I guess you did liquids the day of fill? If you continue to feel odd after a day or two, call PS and talk to the nurse. Won't hurt.

Hi Lisa. I'm still just laid up here like a beached whale. Friends bringing food...and more food....... Notice you are only a pound and a half from your half-way mark! YEA LISA!!!!!!!!!Go girl go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sugarbear. I wish it was 46 pounds lost and 43 to go, then I would be on the down hill side. lol

Tell the friends thank you for the food and have your husband put it in the freezer. lol The freezer the furtherest from where you are beached. lol

yea i get the hiccups too sometimes they are hard to get rid of!!! alll my body parts are tire today. hey do we need to gather bond money to get lisa outta jail for abusing her 'puter

some times i feel a little weird after a fill it's kinda hard to explain!

so sug b did you get a fill this week i hope you are doing better with the pain issue i have tried to forget about my knee 'cause i'm just thankful not to be in your shoe!!!

glo how's it going have not heard from you lately and how is lou doing is she still a loser too i haven't ran in to her at a master garden meeting in the last month or so.

check with you guys later

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well. I have a question - is anyone else tired all the time? I'm taking my Vitamins and a B-12 shot and I still feel so run down all the time.

hey all. I had my post op. I didnt ask him anything about food, we didnt even talk about it today. I get my fill in three weeks, YEA ! I will be a little bit scared of eating after that I am sure. I already feel "full" or something in there. Port still hurts a bit but I am looking forward to the next stage of food and going back to work. Hope to see some of you at the support meeting, I will be at the next one at wadley.

Teresa, I plan on being at the next one too. I missed this one because of the leg thing. Lo2us and I usually sit together. You are welcome to sit with us. She will be the one with gorgeous curly brown hair, with an old grag hag sitting beside her(me). Your food is still on that sheet you were given, that's why it probably not mentioned. You are only 2 wks. post op. I think that sheet takes you through 5 weeks.

Priss, you may need to get your blood checked and don't forget to monitor your blood pressure. I don't know if it was high to start with. Lo2us can tell you all about that. You might get some of those Protein bullets. Lo2us is real up on that too.

Susan I did not get my fill, had to cancel but rescheduled for the 25th.I can't get around to cook yet and have friends brings food, which is a blessing for my husband. He will cook but I hate for him to if he doesn't have to. He works very hard and is sometimes late comming in from work. I am TRYING not to eat so much. I thought I would want to graze being laid up all day but to my surprise I am not eating between meals. I haven't done that in a long time but thought this might induce snacking.

I go back to the surgeon Thurs. Hope my situation changes, just don't know. If he puts a cast on, wonder if I can put weight on it? Glad your knee is better. I know how painful the knee thing can be. Take care.

Shannon, you okay? Gus okay? Hope you are just busy.

Mornin everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day today.

Hey Priss, good to see you posting. I'm with Sugarbear, have you checked you BP lately. I felt bad right after I got my band and my bp was really low. Went to PCP and he changed my meds. I'm thinking he is gonna have to do it again soon. I'm hoping I get to quit taking them all together.

No, Susan, killing a pc is not a federal offense. I don't think it's even a misdemeanor if you don't throw it out on side of the road. Is that right THJ? lol I am begining to think it's not my computer, but my ISP and I'm getting mighty tired of all the stuff that's happening.

I'm gettin off. Being grumpy today and yall don't wanna hear bout it. (long story)

Yall have a good day ;-)