Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hello guys...love seeing how well all of you are doing...

Haven't forgotten about any of you...still just so busy...Teaching these older kids takes a lot out of you...but I am really enjoying it...hopefully I am doing them some good...we'll see at test time...

Billy and I are doing great...Billy is down about as far as he wants to go...everyone says he needs to stop...but he feels great and I am proud of him, too...I still have a ways...(about 30 more pounds)...getting discouraged a little because I am teeter-tottering back and forth with my loss...haven't lost in a few weeks...debating on getting another fill...I can't remember when my next appointment is, but I think I may try to go with #4 and see if it helps...Are any of you planning to have "skin reduction" when the time is right?...I am contemplating, but not sure how long they want you to wait before doing that...does anyone know?...Take care to all of you and wishing you all luck on your losses...I will check in ASAP...

I probably will have the skin removed. Everything I've read says that you need to wait 2 years for it to draw up as much as it's going to. At our meeting the other night, Betty talked about this new kind of Lipo that makes your skin draw up and isin't so violent as the other. I may have a consulation for it since the consulation is free (in another 50 lbs.) Either way I will have to wait a bit since I was self pay and I'm in the hole for my band alone. I'm hoping that since I'm in my early 30's that will help my skin to tighten up, but when you are 150 lbs overweight I think that it can't stretch out THAT much and draw back up again. I've read that the body wraps they offer at nutrisystem will help it tighten too. I may try to do a few of those with each 50lbs I lose.

We'll see. I'm already noticing saggy/floppy arms and tops of my thighs. I'm not sure what my tummy will do, it's alway tightened in the past (before I had Gus.)

Hello everyone. Hope yall are having a great day.

Sugarbear, how are you this morning?

I don't have a lot to say today. (I know, you don't believe it) Just wanted to tell everyone howdy and Stay in the box!

I reckon, I have more restriction now. I just ate a couple of bites and now, I'm reaching for the papaya enzyme. I hope this don't last long. I just hate to do this.

talk to yall later

okay, please explain papya enzme and where did you get it? I heard about meat tenderizer, ewww. I just bought one of the special k Protein waters, not too bad. i have got to start drinking more.

have a great day.

teresa

Morning everyone. How's everyone this morning? Susan, it's friday!!! Yeah! And homecoming at Rivercrest tonite. I wish yall could have seen my little football player get out of the car this morning with his football jersey on. He was floating about 2" off the ground. (big man on campus) Go Rebels!!!

Hey Teresa, the papaya enzyme is supposed to help with digestion. It also helps you when you get stuck. You are a long way from that yet, but I got mine at GNC. 90 chewable tablets for 2.99. You can get them at any health food store. I don't think that it's an item you can get at Wal Mart. Haven't looked yet. You know you can't get down that isle with all the senior citizens shopping. lol

Got lots to do today, I doubt if it gets done. I'm on strike today. lol

Yall have a good day!

You can't find them at Wal-mart. I looked. You can order them online at GNC or the Vitamin Shop if you can't make it to the GNC store. I think they're called Papya Complete there.

thanks. I am almost looking forward needing the stuff. I am having a hard time with this liquid diet. I had a birthday thursday and sure missed going out to eat with the family and of course the cake too. I am trying to be strong, what else can I do? One more week !!! I guess this is how everyone feels thru the stages, just cant wait to get to the next stage. thanks for listening to me !

teresa

Tpagern, you bet it is hard, but you have come so far now, it's almost over. Really. Have you tried munching on some sf popcicles? It's a liquid but yet you get to chew it. fruit smoothies are pretty filling. You can do those at home with your favorite stuff in it. Bannas, strawberries, ect. Anything that will pulverize in a blender. Have a good blender. You would be amazed what you can put in there that comes out very thin. You can add milk, broth or Water to thin things. Don't be overly concerned with weight at this point. You are limited for food intake, and you need to heal. Now, that doesn't mean ice cream 24/7 lol. Try to include lots of Protein, it helps the hungries. You have almost got this licked. Have some thin potato (homemade) Soup. Just thin cream potatoes. Those help me a lot. I even melted a little cheese in mine.

Lynn, glad to see you and Billy are doing so well. I guess if you read a few pages back you know about my accident. Haven't been on here as much since that. I'm sure I will get back to normal soon.

Hi Lisa. DH took me to get a hair cut and we decided to eat lunch out while we were at it . I did love getting out but it was very painful on the leg. Hard to be out and get it elevated to the right hight. Doubt I'll do that again til I go to the doctor Thurs. Hopefully everything will be as it should and I can get this thing casted and on the road to recovery. I guess that is what it takes? Not sure. I am hoping this isn't going to be a long drawn out thing because I am a "little" older. lol

By-the-way, don't anyone slip and break anything after a rain. No ones liability has to help you because it is an "Act of God."

Hi to all!

Sorry I havent posted in a while. My computer was down( the mother board went out). Then on the 8th of sept I flew to Delaware and still am there. It was really nice today and kind of cold at dark.

I called sugar the other day when i found out about her. She is in my prayers and on prayer list up here in Delaware.

Sugarbear, I hope you are doing as well as you can with your leg. You always look after us all. You are a really nice person, but then all who is on here is really nice people.

Guess what? I did not have to use the extension to the seat belt on the airplane!!!!!!!! And there was tail to boot. Not much but some!!!!!!!!! I was so happy. I wanted to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I was so scared i would have to ask for it, like the last time i was on a airplane. The airplane ride did not bother my band but i ate only liquid stuff. I did not set off the alarms at Little Rock. I am coming back the 26th and will see if it is set off at Philly.

We went yard sailing and i havent found much, but cant buy much. I do have one empty suit case to put things in. The races are here next weekend at Dover Downs. It is crazy here then. They are already camping in the parking lot. lol

Lets all keep on losing and and losing inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a great nsv for you sunlight! Hope everyone had a great weekend, the weather was so nice for walking. I am wanting to eat soooo bad that i keep going outside to walk !

Good to hear from you Sunlight. Yea, Betty..for your NSV!! You won't ever have to worry about that extension again. I really enjoyed your phone call. That was a real surprise. I go back for a fill the 25th. I missed my apt. because of this darn leg. I am wondering how in the world I will weigh. Don't think I can hop up on the scale. lol Maybe by then I can put some weight on this leg. Never broke a leg before. Does anyone know how long it will be before I can put my weight on it? I am so darn heavy, that may make a difference on when I can step on it?? I think I am a pretty good cheerleader for my friends, but I am certainly not a good example to follow. My ticker shows that. I am hoping it is due to the amount of restriction I have, or don't have. I am 6 months out and not much to show for it. I am very happy for those that it is working so well for. So keep it going guys.

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was so pretty, we stayed out as much as possible. Didn't do a lot, but, we were outside.

I can tell I have restriction.....again. Cool. Hope it lasts the entire six weeks. Maybe, I can get 10 pounds this time. That would be awesome.

I don't have a lot of news this morning. We lost the game Saturday to Antlers. Going to Broken Bow this weekend. If anyone lives close, come see me. We have to be at the stadium at 4:30. Game time is 5:30 pm. I be the Mommy with a 12 on her back. Yes, we have "Mommy shirts". Of course we have to support our team. lol Doesn't ALL Moms ? There are a bunch of us, just look for a lot of black T-shirts. We travel in packs. lol

Yall have a good day. House cleaning day.

hey all,

today i was suppose to go for a fill but i cancelled due to still being pretty tight and also getting off wk to go is hard i haven't had a fill since july 9 (i think that was the day if not somewhere close to that day) i reshceduled for 11-5 hope the restriction last that long!!! i'm still losing slowly but again i do not diet just eat a LOT less than i did before

another 2 lbs and i will hit 50 lbs lost!!!(but it has taken 14 months to get here) anyhow i guess the moral to this post is even problem children like me can still be losers!!!