Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hello all...hope your holiday was a good one...

As usual, we went to my mother-in-laws and ate lunch...always find myself wanting to try EVERY thing, but only able to eat a little...so tempting...she is an excellent cook and always fixes things that I don't normally fix at home for my own family...

Billy and I have stepped up on our walking...we have walked 4 miles a day all week...I think I feel better than I have in a long time...not going to weigh til the end of the week to see if it has done any good...we'll see. Billy is at a stand still, but he doesn't stress over it like I do, so it is really no big deal to him...wish I had that kind of easy-goingness...(is that a word?)

Lisa, BEEN THERE DONE THAT...(on not getting a fill, then wishing I had)...hang in there...Billy and I go in the 16th...this will be #4 for me, #2 for him...

Sunlight...careful with the meat...not sure that it's really considered a mushie even when you chew really well...

Well, gonna go try and swim out to my raspberry vines and see if I can salvage them...they have fallen over, the ground is so wet, that they are getting up-rooted...

You ladies take care and KEEP LOSING!!!!

Hey Vlynn, what time do you & Billy go to the doc on the 16th? I go that day at 11:15.

So did you ladies meet for lunch and i missed it? Or is it still pending?

Hope everyone had a great 4th. My son didn't get to shoot his fireworks yet because it won't stop raining!

Tried to post earlier but had to leave it for a while and then it wouldn't let me post what I started. Idle too long.

Priss, we haven't had lunch yet but I am ready. I would like some suggestions on where. Me? I can eat anything, but I would like to go where it would be considerate of all who want to come. A place of variety? Would late morning be okay? Like 11:30 or would later be better? Give me some feed back.

Sunlight I am so glad you are better. Try to stick to the diet they gave you at the hospital. You are still healing. They want the port and the band to heal in the correct place. Some call it scarring in place. Stick to mushies, unless it is tuna or something pulverized in the blender, meat isn't considered a mushie. I know everything tast so good after liquids for four weeks. Take care of your band, you have a long ways to go.

Vlynn, four miles a day! WOW! You and Billy are going to have healthy hearts, on top of being sooooo slim. Kudos for you guys!!!

Have to go now.

Hey Sugarbear, Byrce's is the only place that I can think of that would have a good selection of food that everyone could eat. The day and time doesn't matter to me. I just have to know a couple of days a head of time so I can get a sitter.

Thanks Priss. Bryces would be fine by me. meats, veggies, salads, sometimes cassaroles, and of course Desserts if anyone wanted. Anyone else have any suggestions? How about Thursday, July 19th about 11:30? Would that fit with most everybody? Thats over a week to plan for those who need it. What does everyone say? Give me some feed back about time, when, where. I think it will be fun for us to get together and swap stories, haha, food ideas, ect. New banded, old banded, those lurking that aren't banded are welcome too.

We have enjoyed a beautiful sunshiny day today. I think everyone needed that for a change. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

sugarbear, that's good for me. i guess we can see what everyone else has to say.

enjoy your week-end all !

Priss...Our appointment is @ 2:15 pm...we always make it for later in the afternoon, so that we don't have to rush around so early, since it takes us a while to get there...

I will try to make it to the "Get Together" on Thursday, the 19th...My dad is having surgery on the 13th in TXKNA, then our band appt is on Monday, the 16th...so, 3 trips to TXKNA in a week may be a little hard to do, but I will try my best to make it (may have to bring my kiddos with me, but they are good...won't even know they are there)...Billy won't be able to make it that day because he will be working, but I will bring a picture...IF he will let me take one of him. HAHAHA

Sugarbear...now how did you get to leave off your age?...was that intentional, or have you not noticed it was gone?...(under your name where it says # of posts)...

I will try to be at the luncheon if I can get childcare.

There's a TXARKA Meeting tomorrow might at the YWCA, right? I'm just hanging out and waiting for that first fill. My appointment isn't until 2pm, can I eat before? Or does the liquid diet start after the fill?

Vlynn, It's been awhile but I think I updated my profile and left it off. Guess I got tired of being the Granny on here all the time, haha.

Lo2us, I ate before I went. I usually go in the a.m. 9-10 a.m. I have Breakfast before I go. She said that was fine. Takes me about 45 miutes to get there so I am not full to the brim anyway. They will give you a dixie cup of Water and a peanutbutter cracker to eat before you leave, just to make sure everything goes down okay. I got my first fill at four weeks, before solids, that cracker was GRRReat! lol. But liquids for the rest of that day, and soft the next day, then back to normal. I didn't even realize that and had not eaten before I went. Won't do that again. Of course I didn't know I was getting a fill that day either. Surprise!

Yes, there will be a support group meeting Mon. night. Hope to see you there. I have been meaning to mention that before now so all could be reminded. Even those of you not banded are incouraged to come.

Hope everyone can come to lunch. Anyone banded or not are welcome to come eat with us. If you are pre-op on liquids, we will sympathize with you.

Meeting Mon. night 7:00 p.m. YWCA Magnolia St. Texarkana, TX. Behind Legends Gym(which faces St. Line.

Take care.

Hi everyone. Hope everyone had a great holiday. We got rained out of doing some stuff that we had planned, but still had a good time.

I wish there was a smiley that had it's lip stuck out. I would use it several times this morning. I was very bad this weekend. Tried not to eat, but I wasn't too sucessful. But, today is a new day and I think the sun is gonna shine, so I will start again. Maybe I can walk in the mud and get more exercise. lol

Hey Sharon! You are as old as you feel. Do you feel like a granny? ;o lol I didn't think so. lol

Well, better git. Yall have a good day :)

lisa

Shannon, I try to make my appointments in the mornings. I always eat a small breakfast before going. And of course you get the free continental breakfast after the fill. lol Liquids for the rest of the day, then mushies the next. Just like Sharon said. Just take it easy. Remember, sometimes it takes a couple of fills to make a big difference. Once you get a couple, you will realize that. Just hang in there, you are doing great.

I sit here and read this thread everyday. I hardly post anything because I don't want to sound stupid. I was going to go to the meeting last night but my son was supposed to have a district baseball game that got rained out. The reason for today's post is that I go for my first fill on thursday and I am wondering how painful it is? This is all so different to me and if has taken alot of getting used to. I have also found certain foods that I can not eat that I just loved at one time. I just enjoy reading all the information that you ladies post on here and it has been helpful to me in my journey. I was banded on 06/08/07 and have lost 27 lbs to this point. I am enjoying wearing clothes that I have not wore in awhile. Again thanks for all the useful information that yall have put outhere for other to read and learn from. :clap2:

Good morning everyone. Made it to the meeting, it was okay, no guest speaker, but that was alright. There was one man that had lost 200 lbs. and one man that is nearly to his 150 mark, another lady that had lost and recieved a pin but I forgot the amount. Anyway that was wonderful! It is very encouraging.

Shannon it was good to see you. I don't see you often so I can really tell the difference. You are doing terriffic! Try not to worry to much about the fill. I got pretty nervous too, but soon found out there wasn't anything to get stressed out about. You will find that out Thurs. I have had one by both doctors, and I can't complain about either. I had a good experience all three times. My friend that lives here said the same. I never look at any they bring in, I just lay back and get it. I feel like yours will be fine too. I guess you can sip around on a Myoplex that day after your fill. Does that come in different flavors? I am thinking about trying it when I get my next fill. I actually think I get enough of everything. That may not be the case when I get my consumption level lower. Especially since I am not a big meat eater. I have been trying to eat more meat. It was nice meeting your mom, seems like a nice person. Take care. Later.

Hello Cmoomoos. Never ever feel like you will seem stupid. We are all in this together. There are no dumb questions. This is a new journey for most of us. I am glad we have some that aren't quite as new as others, that is how we help each other. Let me know when you go to a meeting, you are welcome to sit with me. The more the merrier. Wasn't too many there last night but I am sure summertime travel, and the wet weather had something to do with attendance. The fill was not painful for me. A stick (not bad either) and it was over. The first fill, depending on the size of your band, I suppose) was more saline. I got 1.5 cc's After that I got .5 cc. That only took seconds. I think that is par for most everone that their port is where it is supposed to be, ect. I am glad too, cause I AM A WEENIE ! Gotta go now but post anytime, we love posting back. Any doubts, just ask away. If we don't know, we'll steer you to Precision Surgery. Take care.