Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Yall remember Hee-Haw?

Hey hopefulchurch.... How are you feeling?? Remember what we said... walk as much as you are able. I promise it helps.

Lisa,

I just got home from surgery and everything went great!!!

They took me into the OR room at 7:10 and I was finished less than an hour later. I can't say enough positive things about the PS group. The entire staff at the OP surgery center were awesome as well. They really have things organized and the staff was very friendly.

My biggest complaint right now is air in my abdomen. Walking does help alot! I am glad to have the surgery behind me. The ear patch for nausea helped a great deal! Normally I get car sick very easily, but this patch seems to be really controlling the nausea. We had to travel about 2.5 hours from our home and no nausea traveling down or coming home. I'm so grateful for this forum. This is the first place I wanted to come and share. :)

Hi lo2us, how are you. I am 2 weeks and 2 days post-op and feel great. 5 more days and I can have soft foods. Woohoo. My check-up went fine, I have to go back in 2 weeks, although I am not sure why. Hope I get a fill but I thought I might have to wait until the 6 wk. mark. Guess i better ask about that. Stay with us. Have a good weekend!

CONGRATS, hopefulchurch!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep walking as much as possible every day, and don't forget your heating pad. I agree about PS. They have been very nice. What I really like is if you have questions, they don't brush you off. They explain everything and take their time doing it. Not in a rush to get rid of you. Do not hesitate to call if you feel the need. Take care and keep moving. Keep us posted.

Sugarbear, it sounds like you're doing great. :clap2:

I can't wait until I can be where you're at right now!

I'm doing good, a little disappointed because my insurance officially refused the surgery because of it's exclusion in the policy. Right now, just trying to find a loan that will cover everything and fit into the family budget too. :rolleyes

I'm also trying to keep my courage up to get this done as soon as school is out in June. I have to be honest that I've almost given up once this week, but I keep reading all these stories and looking at the before and after pictures to try to keep myself motivated. I'm the type that if given too long to think about something like this I can scare myself out of it. But I'm hanging in there!:)

lo2us, I am still kinda new at this but I have not had any regrets so far. I will have to admit I did some struggleing through the pre-op dieting, a little through post-op dieting too. But the encouragement I got on here on a daily basis got me through it. I really don't know if I could have made it without this "family." Dr. Keilin said this will be the hardest two weeks because I will have no restriction or swelling, I am feeling very well, and I can see where she is comming from. I will have to depend on self-dicipline to keep me from over eating. Lord help me!

This has to be a personal decision. Your eating habits change drastically when you get in to this. At least mine have. But I had to do something. I needed a long term tool to HELP me lose weight and keep it off. My health and well being depends on it. So for me it wasn't a hard decision. I can lose weight short-term when I put my mind to it, but I can't stay with it. I have done it so many times. Only to gain it back and some. My husband and I enjoy going places together, and my health and stamina was getting in the way of that. I realized he was doing more and more for me. Even letting me out at every door and picking me up at he same door so I didn't have to walk, trying to save my knees for sight seeing, shopping, ect. The list goes on and on. I won't bore you with all that. Even though I am only a little 2 over out weeks from surgery, I have to believe this was the right thing for me to do. I wish you all the luck. I have a friend that went online to cosmeticsurgery.com for financing and got it. I believe that was the sight, I can check with her to be sure. Self pay people get a break also. It would be about like paying for a new car, maybe less. About 16,000 I think. PS can helpyou with that info. Keep us posted.

I am from Hope Arkansas also. Been hereall of my life except early childhood! MIZBOO

I appreciate all the help I can get trying to find financing! Thank you!

I've been trying this pre op diet at home (just to make sure I can do it) and I've lost about 10 lbs as of this morning. This is the most I've lost in a long time while trying whole-heartedly at something. I think I'll keep at it while I'm looking for payment options.

You guys hang in there. I'm rootin' for ya!

lo2us

i used capitol one and the interest was great but i bit bullet and just decided i was worth the extra payment, right now i don't have high bld press. bad knees or diabetes but i didn't want to wait until i did i have always been able to do the fade diets but gained it right back i losing slower than some but feel that with the band i can keep it off long term'

oh by the way i from sugarhill just north of mt. pleasant we are know for all the moonshine that was made here in the olden daysLOL

Lisa do we get a fill 4 wks from surgery or 6 wks? I can already tell that I am going to need it soon. Hungry! I have an appointment in two weeks, which would be 4 wks from surgery. We went out to eat Mexican tonight. I had some refried Beans with a little cheese sauce on them. No chips! Nothing else. That's okay , maybe some day....as I learn I can't sit and eat 1/2 a basket of them. Of course I can't have that kind of stuff yet anyway.

Hey guys...in need of a little boost of encouragement...a little (maybe, A LOT) discouraged today...my "weigh" day...NADA, ZILCH, NOTHING>>> actually showed I gained a pound...

Help me figure out what I am NOT doing (or not doing enough of)...I have really worked to drink the Water this week (at least 60 oz a day), I have exercised at least three days this week plus yard work and remodeling work, I had only one bad day this week of eating more than I thought I should have...we took the kids to the lake and had a picnic and I had a 2/3 of a hot dog and some chips...

WHY AM I NOT LOSING?????? HELP...:)

Hi Vlynnfogg. I know how you feel, or kinda. From surgery day till my two week check up, I had a cup of Soup twice a day, and one or two V-8 juices a day and about three days I had a cup of sugarfree hot chocolate for Breakfast. They weighed me at the hospital and then in two weeks at Dr. Keilins office (2 wk. check up). The scale didn't move an ounce!? I know there is a little difference in scales but notta? Now I can eat a little stuff, so my next visit....who knows? So I guess I am the wrong person to be answering your question. I need answers too. I am trying not to get too discouraged since I haven't had a fill yet. Don't get discouraged either. I have read where some people plateau for awhile then start losing again. That may be the case for you. You can always call Ms. Betty or Amy and seek some advice from them too. It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong to me. Do you keep a food and drink journal? I haven't started that yet but I am planning to when I get to my soft food stage which will be Wed. Of course I will be adding different foods, hope I don't gain. Take care, keep us posted.

Thanks Sugarbear...I appreciate your being so sweet...

I just need a little venting today, I suppose...I am going to work really hard this week and do ALL the right things and see what happens...I was hoping to lose another 10 pounds by Easter, but doesn't look like I am gonna make it...maybe I will settle for 5 pounds...Anyway, I have figured out one thing...Me and bread don't get along...the last 3-4 times I have eaten any form of bread, it has made me sick...it isn't pleasant...so NO MORE BREAD for me, that's for sure...the pain isn't worth the pleasure of eating it...Does anyone else have trouble with bread or with any other foods?...

Hello to ALL of you guys...I haven't gotten to keep up as much as normal with being busy trying to finish the remodeling project and all this Spring Break...am so NOT ready to go back...Looking forward to Summer break now!!! Good luck to you who are new to the band...it is so worth the efforts and hope I haven't discouraged anyone with my whining...I know the only person who can change my ways is ME...just need to get down to business...

Have a Good Week!!!!