Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else having surgery with Dr. Almonza in Tijauna Feb 4th? I'm so nervous, excited, and scared all at the same time!

Dr. Almanza*

Is anyone else having surgery with Dr. Almonza in Tijauna Feb 4th? I'm so nervous' date=' excited, and scared all at the same time![/quote']

Im planning on TJ on the 4th but with Dr. Jesus Ortiz.

Thanks! I am so scared to do this! But I know its the right decision for me. I am miserable and so ready to get my life back! Just afraid of failing or something going wrong. And I"m nervous too because I will be going alone, as my husband has to stay home to care for our children. I think that is what is the scariest! Being alone in a foreign country for SURGERY!!! LOL

Determined4 I'm going to Dr Almanza Feb 14th, surg on the 15th.

You'll be post op before ya know it! Congrats and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I, too, am traveling alone, same deal, hubby has to stay with kiddos. I'm nervous too, but there are many 1st hand experiences posted here in the forums. People as recent as a few days ago giving a "play by play" of their time with Dr Almanza.

Good luck all!!!! I can't wait to hear how fantastically you are both doing!!!!

Thanks! I'm here in San Diego now. Came across the street from my hotel and got some Soup broth to drink, because I am about to fall over! I am starving lol Its the best stuff I ever tasted! Probably because I haven't had anything all day from being on my flight. But I am so excited and scared, but I know this is the right choice. Just getting cold feet I guess. =)

Good luck!! I was there 3 months ago and have lost 48 pounds!

Thanks! I'm here in San Diego now. Came across the street from my hotel and got some Soup broth to drink' date=' because I am about to fall over! I am starving lol Its the best stuff I ever tasted! Probably because I haven't had anything all day from being on my flight. But I am so excited and scared, but I know this is the right choice. Just getting cold feet I guess. =)[/quote']

Get those feet warm girl!! Your time is coming :D how's it out there weather wise?

Aside from excited and scared how ya doing? We're all rooting for you!

Happy thoughts determined4! Happy thoughts :)

Its nice! Its like spring time here. When I left home this morning it was 30 something degrees. I think I'm just scared of the unknown. Like I want this to be a huge success for me but I've tried so hard to lose so I'm afraid I'll do all this and not lose anything lol silly I know! And I'll be honest I am so hungry and I want Mexican food soooo bad! I guess I keep wondering will I ever eat and enjoy food again. Guess I wouldn't have this problem in the first place if I didn't love food! But I am still young with 4 kiddos and they deserve a mom that can keep up! I know in the end I'll feel much better!!!

You got this. I was talking to another person on this forum and she has lost 15lbs in 13days (her surg was on the 21st) and I was like man... In 2 weeks I could lose about 4lbs, and if I'd look at a sweet (cake or something) I would gain it back immediately.. And THEN some!

We will eventually be able to have regular food, I just think, because we haven't had it in so long, we'll enjoy it and savor it more, and it will (of course) be in a limited amount.

You got this.

I have 2 kids myself (12 and 6) and I can't wait til I feel like I'm not an embarrassment when I walk them to class or something. (Not that they say I am, I just know how I felt when my mom would come to my school) and the things that motivate us will do just that, motivate!

I can't even begin to express how excited I am for you, and all the others I 'stalk' here on this site :)

I have a 6 and 12 year old too! As well as a 1 and 3 year old to chase....you would I would be skinny haha! But I know what you mean about not wanting to embarrass them. My 6 year old saw a man and said gosh mom he is even fatter than you! =( I tell you kids give you the truth even when they aren't meaning to hurt your feelings. But I just want to go to their ballgames and school and not be the biggest person there!

I feel ya! Or to be able to not have to stand in the back of the room and sit at their desks for parent teacher night.

My kids say "you're not fat your full of love"

I always say "then stop loving me!!"

My daughter knows what I'm doing, she tried to assure me I wasn't fat and I explained to her a lot of things we could be doing as a family we can't do cuz of my weight and such, she then began to understand. My son... He's 6... Not gonna tell him much, or else the whole world will know. He's a loud mouth haha. Luckily my kids have awesome metabolisms, my daughter eats like a bottomless pit and is teeny! By her age I was at least twice her size. My son is a busy little blur of energy, I can't wait to be able to keep up with him!

I'm looking forward hearing how it went once you are post op

And do you happen to know the trip times BACK to the airport? Another use had said there were 2 trips one at 6am and never gave the time for the other.

Thanks! I'm here in San Diego now. Came across the street from my hotel and got some Soup broth to drink' date=' because I am about to fall over! I am starving lol Its the best stuff I ever tasted! Probably because I haven't had anything all day from being on my flight. But I am so excited and scared, but I know this is the right choice. Just getting cold feet I guess. =)[/quote']

Good luck.. We will be waiting to hear how things are going. So when you feel up to it . Please update us as soon as possible. You will be fine. I must say this forum does help to ease the nerves a little with all the good reports. Take care.