Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz - Check list - Adivce

Hi Everyone,

If you have been sleeved by Dr. Ariel Ortiz, can you tell me what you suggest to bring. I am 15 days away from being sleeved. I am getting nervous and excited and my emotions are all over the place. Any advice or tips would be very much appreciated as well.

Look forward to hear from you!!

Tami

Hi Tami

I was sleeved by Dr Ortiz in Sept. They pretty much supply everything you need. I would suggest a book to read and toothbrush/paste. They supply the gown/houscoat/slippers/underwear while in clinic. For the hotel and wear to clinic loose fitting clothes such as elastic waist pants/sweat pants and t-shirts to walk around in. You will need money or charge card to purchase meds before you leave the clinic to take while staying at the hotel.

Tami - my surgery is Monday....here is what I am planning to take with me....after I get there and have surgery, I will let you know what you really NEED! LOL! All the best to you!

Computer & plug (in separate bag)

Passport

Credit card

Certified check to OBCT Inc

Cash – tipping, checked bag fee, bottles of Water, souvenirs

Travel sized Shampoo, conditioner, hairspray

Spirometer

House shoes

Pajamas 3

Go home outfit

Journal

Always wipes

Black pants – 3

Shirts – 3

Period stuff (because you KNOW it will happen at the worst possible time)

Nail file

Tweezers

If you are crossing the border at TJ/San Diego make sure you have a rolling suitcase as you will have to walk through the border on the way back with your bag

Tami - my surgery is Monday....here is what I am planning to take with me....after I get there and have surgery' date=' I will let you know what you really NEED! LOL! All the best to you!

Computer & plug (in separate bag)

Passport

Credit card

Certified check to OBCT Inc

Cash – tipping, checked bag fee, bottles of Water, souvenirs

Travel sized Shampoo, conditioner, hairspray

Spirometer

House shoes

Pajamas 3

Go home outfit

Journal

Always wipes

Black pants – 3

Shirts – 3

Period stuff (because you KNOW it will happen at the worst possible time)

Nail file

Tweezers[/quote']

Excellent list,

I also brought

- gasx - haven't used

- lip balm - haven't used yet

- Protein Powder and chicken broth packets if you have a long travel schedule, was highly necessary for me; 5 hr flight, then 4 layover, then another he flight, then finally van road to the hotel

Don't forget to call credit card company and let them know of your travel plans

Thank you all for your help!!

Good luck Tami and HoosierGirl! I will be thinking about you! Please let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it! I am planning to schedule with Dr. Ariel Ortiz for April, so I will be very interested in all the details!

Great post, thank you!!!! I'm going in April and have been looking over 'what to bring' lists, and could not find one that was MX specific!

Oh, and why does every list have tweezers???? Is there some need for them I'm missing?

Tweezers....without fail when I am out of town I get a "wild hair" some where!!! Haha! So I don't want to be in pain and hairy!!! Lol

Good luck Tami and HoosierGirl! I will be thinking about you! Please let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it! I am planning to schedule with Dr. Ariel Ortiz for April, so I will be very interested in all the details!

I WILL!! :)

Tami88 and FABby40 - can't say enough good about the OCC. Everyone was nice, professional and attentive. Same at the Marriott. Helpful as can be.

The only thing I didn't bring and I wish I would have was a nice long novel. A girl can only sleep so much!! LOL

Tami88 and FABby40 - can't say enough good about the OCC. Everyone was nice' date=' professional and attentive. Same at the Marriott. Helpful as can be.

The only thing I didn't bring and I wish I would have was a nice long novel. A girl can only sleep so much!! LOL[/quote']

That's great to hear! I'm so glad everything went smoothly, and that you would recommend the OCC. By the way....I'm a Hoosier Girl too! :) (Greenwood)

I had sleeve surgery with Dr. Ortiz last August. The thing was helpful that is missing.....a heating pad. I had it on at the marriott as I was achy, then in the airport, I found plug and got much more comfy with the heating pad....

Protein powders is another....I got the Unjury sample pack and the Nectrax sample pack...took two unflavored and several of the Nectrax so I could have something if I really didi get hungry. I think I added the unflavored to the chicken broth at Marriott.