Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my 3 week Skim Milk diet today.

I just had my first glass of skim milk for my 3 week diet. I'm worried I won't be able to stay on it, and very jealous of everyone else on this board who doesn't have this strict of a pre-opt diet. I'm scheduled and approved for Feb. 19 I hope I can do this I'm so excited for this life change. Has anyone had to do the milk diet and what helped you get through it?

Hi

im on day 2 of my 8 week milk diet I feel so full that ive hardly had time to drink Water, no headaches yet and ive stopped my insulin, ive just cooked a shepherds pie for my partner but knowing that this is the start of my new life im embracing it, il be here for you on your tough days and you can be here for me xx

good look with it xxxx

I'm glad you say you are feeling full, and no headaches yet that is great. Luckily my partner is trying to help me stay motivated by only drinking smoothies while at home. We'll see how long that lasts lol. Sound's like you are just as excited about your new life as I am. When is your surgery?

i wish i new this was an option. i was on fusion, it tasted like liquid cat litter

I just had my first glass of skim milk for my 3 week diet. I'm worried I won't be able to stay on it' date=' and very jealous of everyone else on this board who doesn't have this strict of a pre-opt diet. I'm scheduled and approved for Feb. 19 I hope I can do this I'm so excited for this life change. Has anyone had to do the milk diet and what helped you get through it?[/quote']

Skim milk only? I am so sorry. I start mine on the 8th and surgery 18th. Protein drinks and one small meal

Does anybody know the reasoning behind milk-only?? I have never heard of that prior to today.

My surgeon says it's to shrink the liver to make it easier to get to the stomach. My personal opinion is that I think they have us do it so we are more prepaired for the post op diet. After this 3 weeks I'll be looking forward to the liquid yogurt and broth I will be allowed to have lol.

Annebelle- How much milk have you been drinking everyday? I'm allowed to drink as much as I can in 5-10 mins 3 times a day. The last 2 days I drank 48oz.

I guess I should be glad I'm not having to drink the liquid cat litter. :o

I have 2 options. Mine are full liquids for 2 weeks.

1st option:: 3 reg slim fast

2 low carb slimfast

8oz fruit juice

2nd option: 5 cups 2 % milk with

5 packages carnation instant Breakfast

16 oz fruit juice

**can alternate diets but have to stick with ome for that day**

Can also have daily and unlimited with either diet:

Water

Crystal light

Powerade zero

fruit h2o

sugar free Jello (home made only)

A few s/f popsicles

And 2c of broth

I have 2 options. Mine are full liquids for 2 weeks.

1st option:: 3 reg slim fast

2 low carb slimfast

8oz fruit juice

2nd option: 5 cups 2 % milk with

5 packages carnation instant Breakfast

16 oz fruit juice

**can alternate diets but have to stick with ome for that day**

Can also have daily and unlimited with either diet:

Water

Crystal light

Powerade zero

fruit h2o

sugar free Jello (home made only)

A few s/f popsicles

And 2c of broth

I started this today and they must of come a long way with the slim fast..its much better than I rememeber. But I will alternate hoping to not get sick of one or the other

Yeah, I've heard of full liquids pre-op in order to shrink the liver and get used to it beforehand, but according to most people on here and also my surgeon that includes Meal Replacement shakes that include Vitamins, Water, low/no sugar liquids, and *can* include milk if I want it. But 100% all milk seems nutritionally deficient and sadistic on the part of the surgeon! Like they want you to fail! I really hope I don't come across as too negative or harsh here. I truly wish you all 110% success, but I'm just flabbergasted that some surgeons would insist on this.

I am on the second day of my full liquid pre operation diet. I have to say that today was harder than yesterday, and I hear tomorrow won't be that great either. I will be on this diet for 3 weeks as well. Although the doctor did say that after the first 3 to 4 days it gets better I'm looking forward to that lol. So I to feel what you're going through. But in the long run we are worth it!

Well I'm finishing up my 3rd day and today was Sooo much better then yesterday I even jumped in the elliptical for 10 mins and did a few weights. Hopefully tomorrow is better for you I felt like crap on my 2nd day. Good luck. And yes this is so going to be worth it.

Well I'm nearing my 1st day of liquids...I'm starving! ( doesn't help I'm up for over 24hrs). But I haven't ripped anyones face off so I say it is a successful day lets see what the next few days bring.

I didnt have a liquid pre op diet, just a 1200 cal a day. Maybe because my BMI just met requirement...but I just wanted to say..please have NO FEAR of a liquid diet after surgery. It is easy. I never was a liquid dieter and that was my fear. But VERY EASY! And make sure u drink Water after..dehyrdration is huge and can be painful. Force urself to drink water