Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS of il - covers half?

So our ins is bcbs of il - they say they cover half after deductible is met. Well we are going through that deductible pretty quickly this year. So has anyone had this pay half for ins? If so what were the amts like? All the administrator at the seminar could tell me was it wasn't half of the cash price (which is $12000) - different amt all together. So I have no clue price wise what I am getting into. Just curious if I am getting my hopes up too much and we won't be able to afford it....

I am in the process of getting all my records and paperwork in to get my first appt. just hate the idea of getting my hopes up and submitting everything to find out we can't afford it :(

I have anthem BCBS through my husbands employer. After my deductible of $300 I pay 20% of the negotiated rate for the surgery (co-insurance) until I reach my maximum out of pocket which is $2,000 dollars. after I have reached $2,000 BCBS covers all covered costs at 100%. I would call your plan provider in the AM to ask what is your deductible, out of pocket maximum, and co-insurance amount. This will better help you understand and get an estimate of your costs per calendar year.

I have BCBS of IL also & they covered the whole thing. Thankfully I also didn't have to wait 6 months. I got it done in 4. Because pre- sleeve I was already working with a NUT., for 2 years prior, they were able to use his notes. That saved alot of time.

I have BCBS IL and I didn't have that, it was paid for like normal after deductable. It may be something the employer has dictated. I know employers can put different "riders" so to speak on this surgery. I didn't have any.

Thanks guys that must be it. Hubby works at sprint and they probably added it :(.

Does anyone mind me asking what their 20% of the bill was?

I'm really not sure. I just got a bill for $190.00 that I'm going to put towards my husbands insurance - Cigna & see what happens. If it kicks back then I'll pay it. I believe my surgery was $15,000.

Just in case anyone else gets this insurance and has questions ;). It's half of the actual procedure which comes out to 2000-3000 out of pocket ( if we have already hit our deductible which we are working in lol). Everything else is covered as normal 80/20.

AspieMom- I am looking into getting this surgery and have BCBS of IL but I live in AZ. I am the only one on my insurance so I KNOW I have met the $250 deductible. I have called 4 times and each time gotten a different answer. SOOO frustrating. My husband and I live paycheck to paycheck but I have student loan money I plan on using for this surgery as well as (hopefully) some of our tax return money. Did you have to pay $2500-$3000 and then more?

I believe it will be around $2500. But I go for my first appt next Tuesday. I have just talked to my coordinator and the insurance co.

Of course my hubby's work makes it different than they were used to. The insurance agent I talked to said she had never seen a rider like it on their insurance so she had to pull it all out, read it, and get back to me later.

Ok great thank you!! I have my first appointment with the surgeon on the 29th (next Friday eeek!) So I am sure I will know more then. Most posts I read, people have a very easy time dealing with them. However, I only have a high BMI and no other co morbidies so here's to hoping I get approved!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches